Lag

twigflinger

Crafter
Jul 6, 2014
Just wondering if anything is in the works to clear up some of this lag we've been getting.  Pretty much makes gameplay for me unbearable (mining the same blocks 4 times in a row).  I have enjoyed the server so far and don't want to leave.  I would be willing to be patient assuming management can tell me they are looking into it :p

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Are you sure it's not just you? Do other players complain about the lag too?

T

Tazboi

@kawohi all the time...

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
@tazboi and @twigflinger I have lag all the time aswell. I find its fine one min then all of a second im lagging baaad.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I've also noticed mass time-outs for no apparent reason, along with TPS drops to low teens. Some times it resolves quickly, others it stays low for a good while.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Okay, just did something. Tell me if it's any better.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@Kawohi Post what "something" is in Admin, just for reference?

twigflinger

Crafter
Jul 6, 2014
Will let ya know if that helps.  Thank you for quick response!

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
It's my Connection for me, I always seem to have 1 Bar.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
twigflinger said:
Will let ya know if that helps.  Thank you for quick response!
So it's been quite a few hours. Notice any difference?

Saboteii

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
www.planetminecraft.com
The server's been crashing alot like today it crashed 3 times also the lag b4 and after the crashes was bad u couldent walk 10 blocks b4 u were tped back to were u were can u plz try fix the lag kawohi

twigflinger

Crafter
Jul 6, 2014
Sorry for slow response.  Work has shipped me a couple hours south.  After playing for about 30 mins this evening with no hiccups,  the rubberbanding has started again.  Other folks in chat are getting it as well.  Gonna stick with it though as I have nothing else to do :p RunescapeFan suspects DDOS.

AnimeUW_lper

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
canada
OH it's worse than I thought....

It seems that just now when we crashed on main ALL SERVERS AND THE FORUMS crashed!!

Meaning we just may be under another ddos attack proceed with extreme caution cause this kind thing happened last time when were being ddos'd!

twigflinger

Crafter
Jul 6, 2014
Now things appear to be back to normal (Not sure which emoticon to use in this particular situation)

Umm spoke too soon. Disco.

cosmic1443

OH DEAR GOD WHY
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Corn Town
Distributed Denial-of-service attack, or ddos is when multiple systems are joined together to shut down one system by sending packets of info that the system has to process. This can cause server lag and even cause crashes. Not to mention its also illegal in the U.S. and I believe everywhere else but I am not sure.

twigflinger

Crafter
Jul 6, 2014
Not too long ago I noticed a bunch of people disco at the same time.  At the time I was spamming buy on someones shop (1 at a time).  After people came back I waiting a while more then started buying again and shortly thereafter people disco again.  Not sure if its a coincidence, cause, or only adding to an underlying issue.  May be worthwhile for mods to test this out.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
cactusking13 said:
The server's been crashing alot like today it crashed 3 times also the lag b4 and after the crashes was bad u couldent walk 10 blocks b4 u were tped back to were u were can u plz try fix the lag kawohi
cosmic1443 said:
Distributed Denial-of-service attack, or ddos is when multiple systems are joined together to shut down one system by sending packets of info that the system has to process.  This can cause server lag and even cause crashes.  Not to mention its also illegal in the U.S. and I believe everywhere else but I am not sure.
More misinformation. Disconnect does NOT equal a server crash. Just because you disconnect and can't get back on does not mean the server has crashed. Our servers rarely crash, unless someone has done something horribly wrong with WorldEdit or VoxelSniper.

A DDoS will not crash a server. It can only render it inaccessible. There's a difference. Your connection not going through does not equate to a crash. Just because the highway is backed up several miles and you can't get to work doesn't mean your place of work has crumbled to the ground. It simply means you can't reach it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)