Kits

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Will we ever be adding kits to Craftblock? Just something I want to know about.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Yeah, I had way to many saddles as well, maybe something simple for each rank as you rank up, like wood tools or stone tools, something simple.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
To be honest, we don't really need kits, at all... I had planned on redoing them because the kits we have are really, really stupid. I mean, gold tools? Who the hell uses/needs/wants those.... lol

But yeah, I don't plan on adding them back.... Besides, the kit function in Essentials is really lacking. I'd rather make my own plugin with much more customization and such for kits.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
To be honest, we don't really need kits, at all... I had planned on redoing them because the kits we have are really, really stupid. I mean, gold tools? Who the hell uses/needs/wants those.... lol

But yeah, I don't plan on adding them back.... Besides, the kit function in Essentials is really lacking. I'd rather make my own plugin with much more customization and such for kits.
I was working on a new kit that was better. It was more of a "help the early ranks and reward the higher ranks' kit. Was gonna start working on it in a week or two again.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@kawohi
The starting kit isn't enough? And the newbie discount shop? The price of everything at the newbie discount shop (except exclusives) was significantly reduced. Logs are CB|1, for cryin out loud. And I didn't lower the starting balance.

I don't understand how you could possibly give new players a better start than that. o_O

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
@kawohi
The starting kit isn't enough? And the newbie discount shop? The price of everything at the newbie discount shop (except exclusives) was significantly reduced. Logs are CB|1, for cryin out loud. And I didn't lower the starting balance.

I don't understand how you could possibly give new players a better start than that. o_O
It's not for starting. It's more of a "helper kit' every once a day to help them out on the server. A gift for playing on CraftBlock.

Plus a kit is a feature that's pretty common and expected on a server in my opinion.  

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
kawohi said:
It's not for starting. It's more of a "helper kit' every once a day to help them out on the server. A gift for playing on CraftBlock.
The Newbie Shop IS the "helper kit". Everyone loves discounts! If they don't like them, then that's their own problem that they won't accept the gift. We told them that they can't ever go back, what else can we do?

kawohi said:
Plus a kit is a feature that's pretty common and expected on a server in my opinion.  
Yes, but we aren't your typical server. We don't have those too-colorful names, $100 donation packages, over 200 player slots. Quite frankly, I'm glad we don't. I think a twist would serve the server a more unique reputation. 

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Chiplover2 said:
kawohi said:
The Newbie Shop IS the "helper kit". Everyone loves discounts! If they don't like them, then that's their own problem that they won't accept the gift. We told them that they can't ever go back, what else can we do?

kawohi said:
Yes, but we aren't your typical server. We don't have those too-colorful names, $100 donation packages, over 200 player slots. Quite frankly, I'm glad we don't. I think a twist would serve the server a more unique reputation. 
Newbie shop is a one stop shop. A kit is every once a day. 

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Tis a point that still gets brought up in the chat by players on main.  

After rereading this thread I see I've responded to them with incorrect information saying something like "they've decided not to have /kits", when I see something is possibly planned?   

The thread seems undecided as go what will become of /kits.  

While on the subject and since /kit is not available can I go ahead and delete it from the builders ranks and commands list, along with bridges which doesn't work either?

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Definetly delete bridges, we don't use that. Kits are up to the owners.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Yeah it's a pity bridges don't work though, I think the were also a few other things need tweaking on ranks and commands somewhere.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Brdiges should work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)