Not open for further replies.

kamekeisen

Crafter
May 4, 2014
Minecraft Username: kamekeisen
Server banned from: craftblock
Reason of ban: SUPPOSEDLY xraying
Who banned you?: _SunDust_

Why should you be unbanned?: I'm not certain why I was banned other than that I happened to find a lot of diamond. However I'm mining at Y:11 in strip mine style, so it's not really that unusual. The only mod I have on my minecraft is a shaders pack and a texture pack, neither of which allow me to see through walls. 

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I would like to know what criteria the server scans for to assume xraying. Is there a diamond per hour limit that I need to be avoiding or...?[/font]

Looked at the screenshots from my ban report, and apparently I was reported because my nolight ambience is turned up to high. Never saw the initial warning. As there is no evidence that I was actually xraying (being able to see better in the dark IS not the same thing- I still have to dig at random to find diamonds, just don't place torches as often) I would like the diamonds I've earned back, and will adjust my settings so that things are darker for me.

Also will be willing to trade screenshots as I adjust my settings so that Sun and I can agree on the proper ambient light.

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I vouch, I think that she has a plausible story, and I dont believe she is lying.

kamekeisen

Crafter
May 4, 2014
Thanks. I have more evidence to prove the plausibility if necessary, as well.

With the shader's pack I added, originally during the night pretty much everything was pitch black, and torches only lit up a few blocks. I modified the nolight settings to give every block some mild ambient light, and I must have tweaked one of the values too far because it made most things visible in near darkness. I won't pretend that it bothered me, so I modified it to a reasonable level and left it. I am incrementally adjusting the values further to hopefully be able to present reasonable screenshots that will be considered fair, but if I cannot do that I'll just turn off the shaders pack. I put a lot of hours into this server because it seems like a very good one, but getting perma-banned seems a little unreasonable for something that there was little evidence I was actually doing (Note the several dozen tunnel passages that led nowhere near diamond) and which does not harm other players.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Temp banned for 3 days.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I had been watching observing you for some time kame. Time as in near10 min. Yes you were getting alot of diamonds, but i needed to make sure. The kick came with its warning. Everyone sees it how could you not. Not only had I been observing you but I left holy as well to observe as well. And the areas I was observing you were not strip mining, maybe when rabbit visited you but not when i was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)