Jails

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make good use of jails on the server for situations like griefers who are seen in game griefing but don't stop for what ever reasons. 

I remember last year. Think it was art, he sent a griefer to jail, trolled him a bit in there till the player got the message apologised, but especially wanted the trolling to stop.. He ad been breaking the Glowstone of the maps spleef in the last map. I also saw art use the jail for those hackers we had last year. I think he was able to get them to have a verbal chat with him as well. All the while as I sat and observed and watched how art handled the situation.

What would I use it for?
I'd use it for the same. I cant see myself trolling them lol, unless i was feeling really mischief that day lol. but I'd use it for teaching. Sometimes these players don't know what griefing means. It may force them to read the chat to see why they are jailed.  Therefore helping us...to help them what they can or can't do on the server.

Things are fine atm but it will give us another option to help and maybe even prevent them from a future ban.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I personally never used a jail, don't like them because if someone is grieving, it should just be a ban. Plain and simple. But that's just me.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
@kawohi but remember not everyone knows what greifing is, they may know it's against the rules but they may not know that greifing is breaking others blocks, while we aren't a nursery we have young players. If we took them to another spot where they can't break we can explain it to them what greifing is, and they may applogise, and fix it, and never do so again, so I think it's a good idea ^^

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Yeah, it would be a good idea. I remember when the hackers came sax put them there so they could talk it out. Maybe something similar to a nether themed jail? Just my suggestion.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I use jails as a warning (after the Jail Trolling incidents). As Ryno stated, I used it during the hacker incident quite a bit, and I use it for those who spam chat (after a mute) and who abuse certain commands (like spamming /tpa or something). I don't know, I haven't used it in a long time, but I always liked having the option.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I believe there are a few jails. I have one set up in AwesomeTown that I don't use, and Wrath's "Sex Pad" might still be around. Who knows!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
MonochromePony said:
@kawohi but remember not everyone knows what greifing is, they may know it's against the rules but they may not know that greifing is breaking others blocks, while we aren't a nursery we have young players. If we took them to another spot where they can't break we can explain it to them what greifing is, and they may applogise, and fix it, and never do so again, so I think it's a good idea ^^
It's always a warning first unless it's a massive grief. A jail would just annoy the player that didn't know what griefing was. We educate them what griefing is and to not do it again instead of annoying them and possibly them ragequtting because of it. That would suck.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
The biggest problem with the jails is Essentials doesn't provide any way to go to a jail without first sending someone to a jail, then teleporting to them. Or setting a warp/home for the jail. It's really stupid, I have no clue why the Essentials team hasn't implemented something like /tpjail jailname to go check up on/modify jails.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Jails just seem like a juvenile idea to me. It would effect the morale of someone who wanted to stay, for example, but anyone else who would purposely do something like that would take it as a joke. I think it would only scar kids, personally. The whole idea sounds like a mechanic that they had on Minecraft servers before bans were invented, lol. It just seems a lil' too cheesy to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)