1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Issue #57

Discussion in 'CraftBlock Weekly' started by Chiplover2, May 21, 2017.

1. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    CraftBlock Weekly
    Issue #57
    Hello everyone, and welcome to another issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! I'm typing this in the evening instead of in the morning like I usually do, so let's see if this issue feels any better or worse than usual. :> Let's get started, shall we~?

Server News
    I would like to thank @NintendoFrosty for gathering up all this week's news for me! Finding things to talk about is half the battle, so I'm glad Nin is here to help me. :3 He'll be here to help gather things to talk about for as long as he's willing. Thanks, Nin! <3

Free Build This Week!
    Most Bi-Weekly Build Competitions have a certain theme to them, but this week, you're allowed to build whatever the heck you want! This is your chance to blow everyone away with whatever crazy concoction you can cook up! You have until this Friday, March 26th, to take advantage of this unique week in Building Competition history. Good luck, everyone!

AFK Spawner Rules
    For some reason, we've found that people have frequently been exploiting our rules by making AFK farms that earn money and other such things while they're AFK. @EbeeGirl has made a post addressing this issue, reminding all of us that this behavior is against the rules. We should all be active players on the server, working hard to earn the money and items we want. When you make an AFK farm, you're basically cheating and making the game less fair for everyone. Please be considerate of the experience we've hand-crafted (pun completely intended) for you on this server by being an active player. Thank you, everyone. <3

Vehicle Configuration
    If you didn't now already, @NintendoFrosty has been in charge of configuring the Vehicles plugin for Main, and Nin has told me that he's finally finished all the configurations! Everything from prices to speed and everything in between has finally been finalized. Enjoy zipping around in your Eco-Friendly leaf cars, everyone! XD

Opinions on NanoBlock
    A lot of people have been wanting to have cross-server chat on NanoBlock, since it tends to have only a few players on at a time. However, in order to do this, we'd need a newer 1.10.2 modpack. Concerning these important decisions regarding Nano, we're asking you guys, the players, what you think we should do with Nano. If you have an opinion, please tell us what you think in this thread!
    [​IMG]
    CraftGames Update Post From the Dead
    Remember CraftGames? It's that server you go on when Main's restarting, right? Well, did you know you can actually play on that server, too? Who woulda thunk it???

@NintendoFrosty have worked hard on this post for... way too long. It had gone back and forth in a PM for a few weeks, and it's been months since it's surfaced. Nin finally took the plunge and posted it yesterday. You can view the post here, if you dare.

Since that post is RIDICULOUSLY long, I'll try to sum up the post for you in bullet form, if paragraphs on paragraphs aren't your style. Here we go:
    • I'm CraftGames Admin! Wa-hey! It's awesome to be able to work alongside Nin. I'll be real with you guys. Setting up games with Nin helped me remember the Admin Experience™, complete with FTP and console and all that fun stuff. It's been so fun working with him~ :3
    • While updating to 1.11.2, we lost a few favorite games, including Super Build Battle and TTT (Trouble in Terrorist Town). Hopefully these games will be updated soon.
    • Paintball is a thing now! There's four different modes you can play, including Team death Match, Destroy the Core, Rush the Flag, and Domination. We've been working on adding maps for this.
    • Since mobs aren't broken anymore, MobArena is now back on the server! We've added a couple of maps for MA, as well as revamped classes you can play as and a shop where you can sell all the items you earn for money! We're thinking of implementing an economy sometime, so this will be useful to keep in mind. Happy Slaying, everyone!
    • We've switched around our maps a bit from before. The first Capture the Flag we had was depressing to look at, but after working on it myself, it's now new and improved! It's called Canopy Clearing, and is now in service as a Destroy the Core Paintball map. To replace the old CTF map we lost, I found another cool CTF map to replace it.
    • We've added a couple of new SkyWars maps and a new, very difficult CubeRunner map (that I made myself).
    • BedWars is up and running! We're currently looking for maps for this.
    • We're sure we haven't found all the bugs we could possibly find. If you come across something fishy, please make a thread about it in this forum. Thanks in advance for keeping your eyes peeled!

Honorable Mentions

Promotions​

@L0lliP0pN1nja - Colonist
    @Savage_Hunter99 - Colonist
    @PierceTheNick - Colonist
    @diving_MEOW - Colonist
    @ItsBrotherPray - Colonist
    @Jaydenmanvong - Colonist
    @Miner1995 - Pioneer

Supporters
    @incendia1990 - $15.50
    @KittenCrafts - $35.50​

Question of the Week
    After seeing last week's and this week's Weekly, I'm wondering what you guys think about this question:
    How do you feel about this new Weekly format?
    I know it's not that different from what I had before, but there's a few more things that have been added, so I'm wondering what you guys think about the changes that have been put in place. Please answer in the comments below!

Luna's Weekly Painting
    Let's take a moment to appreciate that @lunafan031 can create these amazing paintings within one weeks' time. With so much detail and feeling put into this image, you can see what a talented artist Luna is. Let's take a look at her painting from this week:

[​IMG]
    These horses represent the love I have for my best friend, and love in general. The ideal setting for me is out in the country of Texas where bluebonnets grow and livestock graze. To me, it represents the peacefulness of nature and a homely feeling.

The country will always have a special place in my heart for the reason, therefore it will always represent simplicity and a safe space.

Feature of the Week: Statistics
    This is a useful feature you may not know existed. This, dear friends, is our server's Statistics page! This humble website tells you everything you need to know about how much stuff we've done as a community on our servers.

Did you know what we've had over 50,000 logins onto our server? See for yourself!

[​IMG]

If you're interested to see what other insane feats we've accomplished, please be sure to check out that page. You'll be surprised by the amount of things we've done together! I hope this gives everyone appreciation for how much our players can do combined. :p

Quote of the Week: Corn
    This is Tarzan, Corn of the Jungle. I'm running out of material.

[​IMG]

Closing
    Wow, this week was a paragraph fest if I've ever seen one! I'd like to thank Nin once again for gathering information for me to use. Writing the Weekly all by yourself is a difficult task, so I'm glad I have someone to help shoulder the work. :3 I hope you all have a great week here on CraftBlock, and Stay Crispy everyone! :chip :chip :chip

#1 Chiplover2, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Moranna and NintendoFrosty like this.
  2. zom999_playz

zom999_playz Your friendly neighbourhood M.od
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Another great weekly, as always Chip. Keep up the good work! Great paintings too luna! :D
    :chip:chip:chip:chip:chip:chip:chip:chip

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  3. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Luna stop being too good. Also when's the high rank build move chip?

zom999_playz likes this.
  4. KittenCrafts

KittenCrafts Moooooooooooooo
    Crafter

Projects:
    That Art :kawaiicry:so pretty

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  5. xxCaptain621xx

xxCaptain621xx oH sNaP iT'S a CAPt!!!1!!!!!!1! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Supporter Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    no more TTT? :'(

EbeeGirl and DeltaBeetle like this.
  6. L0lliP0pN1nja

L0lliP0pN1nja New Member
    Crafter

Lovin' it, just lovin' it!

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  7. misskoa

misskoa addiction.
    Owner

Projects:
    Should be any day now, just gotta find the time to start it!

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  8. CorinJames

CorinJames New Member
    Crafter

Wait...is there a lego for nano block?!?! :)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)