1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Issue #48

Discussion in 'CraftBlock Weekly' started by Chiplover2, Feb 26, 2017.

?

Cats or dogs?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2017.
  1. Cats

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Dogs

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    CraftBlock Weekly
    Issue #48

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's not-missing edition of the CraftBlock Weekly! I apologize for not having one last week, but there wasn't much news to speak of last week, besides @Rebellious_Tiger spontaneously resigning. Now that there's more to talk about this week, stay tuned!

Weekly Digest
    Thank you to @EbeeGirl for supplying this information to me. ^_^
    • Thank our Admin team for fixing /jobs and /auc! It's good to have these back. c:
    • Miss throwing eggs at mobs and trapping them inside said egg, where they can write in loneliness and torment for as long as desired? Well, miss this mechanic no more! MobCatcher is finally back! 1.11 compatibility is a beautiful thing. :')
    • The Top 3s at spawn are fixed. Check to see if you're one of them and keep on playing!

Discord
    Unless you live under a rock, this should be old news. Our server is switching our external-voice-meme-speaking platform from TS to Discord once again. TS will still be up for anyone that wants to use it, but Discord is where we'll be directing everyone to go for their external-voice-memeing. If you'd like more information about this, like all the perks of coming to Discord, please read Koa's announcement post.

Listen. I've been in the middle of this damn fight between TS and Discord for way too long, so here's my two cents on the issue.

I'm probably not one to talk, since I can barely use voice chat at all, so I'm pretty neutral on the decision. The choice between TS and Discord is completely based on opinion, and since I don't really have one, I'm going to say this.

It shouldn't matter that much which one we should use. They both have different presentation and accessibility to everyone, but they both do the same exact thing. They both serve the same purpose just as well as the other. They both allow us to use our voices to communicate to those whom we play with on the server! This is going to sound old-fashioned, but I think it's pretty damn cool how you can hear the folks you're playing with, rather than just statically typing in chat with them. This should matter a lot more than just the platform we use.

I understand how it comes to the nitty-gritty of which platform you like talking on better. But I'm here to tell you that the differences between these two shouldn't really matter so much. I guess you can make it matter as much as you want, but I don't want to be in the middle of it next time. -_- So please, stop fighting and just pick one? I'm tired of this crap coming up in Staff Skype and having people butthurt over this. Thank you for listening to bitchy Chip.
    [​IMG]

Weekly Build Competition
    At the moment, @NintendoFrosty doesn't have his computer, unfortunately, so for the time being, @Bloebls is in charge of making Weekly Build Competition posts. Bloe is doing a fantastic job with the competition, so please don't take this the wrong way owo, but I hope Nin gets his computer back soon. ;-; Life is difficult without a computer, so I hope he's doing okay...

...Anyway, this competition's theme of "Mythology" is finally being voted on! Please pick your winner, because America has learned the hard way that not participating in votes may yield results that you never wanted. Don't be America. Be CraftBlock, and vote for your fellow crafters. <3 Please don't be America.

Honorable Mentions
    Here's the promotions and supporters from the past two weeks! Thank you, everyone, for your continued support!
    Promotions
    @Deathbypvt - Colonist
    @nicholas5526 - Colonist
    @stumpy624 - Merchant
    @Furious_RedPanda - Merchant
    @5Jango5 - Merchant
    @BlackSpiderS - Pioneer
    @NickPlaysYT_ - Pioneer
    @MrJambrose - Baron
    @DryBones_38 - Trial Mod
    @iessjca - Trial Mod
    Supporters
    @skullzhead - $2.99
    @twiztidloc - $35.50
    @mrfox420 - $15.50

Weekly Tidbit: Cats or Dogs
    It's an age-old question, so I figured I'd ask the community to see where we stand. Which do you prefer?

[​IMG]

Closing and Thank You
    I know this Weekly is a bit short, but it took me way too long to write because I've been worrying about what to write about. XD And I also apologize for not having a quote, but I've barely been on all week and I'm ripping my hair out trying to post this. ;u; Anyway, I hope you all are more informed after reading this, and stay tuned for next week's issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! Stay Crispy, everyone! :chip

Moranna and NintendoFrosty like this.
  2. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Crap... Strawpoll doesn't seem to be working ;^; Plesse make due with the poll at the top of the post. Thank you. <3

3. iessjca

iessjca (っ˘ڡ˘ς)
    CB Admin Crafter

chip this poll is worse than the discord/ts debate

how can you make me choose? i love dogs & cats equally and cats & dogs love me (in varying degrees)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)