Introduction

Frubbs

Crafter
Mar 6, 2014
United States
Greetings Craft Block
I am Frubbs
I am a 15 year old guy who plays video games in his spare time, which is pretty much every second I am not in school. I run a Garry's Mod community, but play a lot of Minecraft as well. My time on Craft Block so far has been amazing and I would like to gain some activity on the forums. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me here or on Steam. Here are some interesting tidbits about me:​
  • I attended the MineCon Event 2011
  • I used to be an actor, I lived in California for 3 years
  • I had a YouTube video with around 380,000 views
  • I want to make money at home, I don't want to work in an office
  • My small fingers are bent; I was born without them fully developed
I really am loving this server and the community so far. While I have seen some things happen I disagree with, I can still say this community is far less corrupt than some other servers I have seen. Thanks for making my time here enjoyable so far and I hope we can all have a fun time together! Also, if you don't have a town as well, consider joining Normandy. We are a Norse themed town that is going to part of the Nation of Tyr. We are thriving so far and could do with a few more residents.

Frubbs

Crafter
Mar 6, 2014
United States
JagSwag2014 said:
Nice to meet you! What did you play a part in as an actor?
I didn't do too much. I was in some short films, played as an extra in some Modern Family episodes and a few other things. I was on "avail" or I had to be available in case I got chosen for a national Coca-Cola commercial which was pretty cool. The biggest thing I did was I played 14 year old Seth Rogen in the film, "The Guilt Trip". My part and a few others parts got cut out of the film after they changed the story slightly. I would have been in the scene where Barbra Streisand is watching home movies. Kind of neat. I can go into detail of how the entire system of becoming an actor and being out there works, it is pretty interesting. I would be willing to deepen this conversation if you want.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
That was one of the best introduction I have seen here so far. Welcome!

And I might actually be interested in joining your town, I like the theme you've chosen. I have some ideas for buildings already since I have been interested in Norse mythology since I was a kid. It might have to do with the fact that I'm Swedish, I don't know. Where are you from by the way?

Frubbs

Crafter
Mar 6, 2014
United States
IshrkI said:
That was one of the best introduction I have seen here so far. Welcome!

And I might actually be interested in joining your town, I like the theme you've chosen. I have some ideas for buildings already since I have been interested in Norse mythology since I was a kid. It might have to do with the fact that I'm Swedish, I don't know. Where are you from by the way?
I am from the United States, Indiana to be exact. Here are some images of the town in progress: http://imgur.com/a/dPLHN

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Welcome, Frubbs! Good to meet you. That's awesome about your acting career. I own the Guilt Trip. I'll have to watch it again and look for you. Haha I've worked for and with celebrities & actors before. I also worked at may different Blockbusters over the years and have met quite a few A, B, & C listers. But I'm not one who freaks out about it. Celebs are just people. Nothing to freak out about. Haha I could name drop, but that's not really the point.

If you hear about any good voice over roles, let me know please. If you don't want them that is. :p I'm looking to get into that. :D Also, I'd like to hear more about the entire system of becoming an actor & how it works. :) Please.

EDIT: Pretty nice looking town. Also, I'm in Michigan. For now. :p

Frubbs

Crafter
Mar 6, 2014
United States
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Welcome, Frubbs! Good to meet you. That's awesome about your acting career. I own the Guilt Trip. I'll have to watch it again and look for you. Haha I've worked for and with celebrities & actors before. I also worked at may different Blockbusters over the years and have met quite a few A, B, & C listers. But I'm not one who freaks out about it. Celebs are just people. Nothing to freak out about. Haha I could name drop, but that's not really the point.

If you hear about any good voice over roles, let me know please. If you don't want them that is. :p I'm looking to get into that. :D Also, I'd like to hear more about the entire system of becoming an actor & how it works. :) Please.

EDIT: Pretty nice looking town. Also, I'm in Michigan. For now. :p
If you re-watch the Guilt Trip, you won't see me! My part was removed from the film. In terms of the entire process of getting into acting... It is mainly about getting your foot in the door. I started off by attending an acting competition in Orlando, FL. It was kind of a rip-off as you had to pay to go, but if you did well it ends up paying for itself. I had no experience prior to the competition, but I wound up winning first place top talent and have 20 agents asking to represent me. It was a lot to process at the time because I was merely twelve years old. After much thought I ended up talking to JLA Talent Agency and stuck with them for a few months. The whole process is honestly just finding an agency and a manager willing to represent you. What they do is submit you to casting agencies when they see calls for roles, and if you fit the bill, the casting agency calls you in. They either call you in with a script that you memorize, or they provide a "cold-read" script. After that, if they like you and you fit the part, you may get a callback. If you get called back and they like you again, you go on to a possible "avail". It gets narrower and narrower and depending on the type of production the way in which it is cast depends. Someone I knew out in LA played young Clark Kent in Man of Steel. Up until the moment he booked the job he had no idea what the movie even was. Everything was confidential. They had him lifting weights in the ocean for the scene in the movie where he "lifts" the bus. So it gets narrowed down and if you get selected, well then that is that. In terms of voice-over... I had a voice-over representative at the agency I am still contracted to, Osbrink Agency. From my experience all I can say, not having booked anything, is the audition process mainly consists of you going to a building, spouting some lines into a microphone and then going home. If your voice fits the part, presto! I don't know if there is anything else you'd like explained, but I'm pretty sure I've summarized it here. If you are seriously looking at doing this though, you will need to compile a résumé and get a headshot from a photographer. While I didn't have any experience prior to the competition, if you intend to find an agency in LA you are definitely going to need to get at least some academic credentials on there. The only reason I had any luck out there is because I had an agency asking to represent me from the competition. Hope this gave you some insight!

EDIT: In terms of voice-over I am sure you could find some online auditions and possibly do some work with YouTuber's projects, things like that. Voice-over work shouldn't be too hard to get into as long as you have a good microphone and an internet browser. :)

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
Nice. That's all very interesting. And a huge chunk of a paragraph. lol I knew most of that process. One of my best friends was engaged to a big Hollywood producer. So I was kind of around people who knew stuff about stuff. Haha But, he was a drug addict (The really bad stuff!) and she broke up with him. I actually sent him some of my art and and idea for an animated TV show (Like Teen Titans, but with monsters; Vampires, Werewolves, etc.) He said it wouldn't work because the Vampire stuff would be played out by the time it could be put into production. But that was over a year ago, and Vampires are eternal! Haha I assume it was the drugs impairing his judgement. :p

I've never thought about applying for YouTubers though. That could work! Thanks for the suggestion. :) I can mimic almost any sound or cartoon character. I can sound like almost anything from a 5 year-old girl to a giant demon. Haha And Scooby Doo & Shaggy. :p But I have never done anything. I've just worked retail jobs my entire life. But I'd like to get into entertaining people outside of my group of friends & family. Haha I'm getting kind of sick of hearing people tell me that I need to do Voice acting or more with my art or singing. I do what I want! Haha

Anyway, it was interesting hearing all of that. Was your friend that played young Clark the actual kid who was in the film? I own that movie, too. It was great. I own over 2,700 DVDs. :p From working at Blockbuster for 9 years. lol

Frubbs

Crafter
Mar 6, 2014
United States
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
Nice. That's all very interesting. And a huge chunk of a paragraph. lol I knew most of that process. One of my best friends was engaged to a big Hollywood producer. So I was kind of around people who knew stuff about stuff. Haha But, he was a drug addict (The really bad stuff!) and she broke up with him. I actually sent him some of my art and and idea for an animated TV show (Like Teen Titans, but with monsters; Vampires, Werewolves, etc.) He said it wouldn't work because the Vampire stuff would be played out by the time it could be put into production. But that was over a year ago, and Vampires are eternal! Haha I assume it was the drugs impairing his judgement. :p

I've never thought about applying for YouTubers though. That could work! Thanks for the suggestion. :) I can mimic almost any sound or cartoon character. I can sound like almost anything from a 5 year-old girl to a giant demon. Haha And Scooby Doo & Shaggy. :p But I have never done anything. I've just worked retail jobs my entire life. But I'd like to get into entertaining people outside of my group of friends & family. Haha I'm getting kind of sick of hearing people tell me that I need to do Voice acting or more with my art or singing. I do what I want! Haha

Anyway, it was interesting hearing all of that. Was your friend that played young Clark the actual kid who was in the film? I own that movie, too. It was great. I own over 2,700 DVDs. :p From working at Blockbuster for 9 years. lol
Yes. Dylan Sprayberry played the young Clark Kent in "Man of Steel". My mother actually is in California right now and just visited him yesterday.

If you don't mind, please check out this complaint I made: http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-1861-post-12799.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)