Miscellaneous Introducing CivBlock

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
CivBlock is our own flavor of CivCraft, which is a Minecraft plugin based upon the Sid Meier's Civilization games.  It has towny-like features combined with Civilization's technology tree and other mechanics.

Build up your civilization as a team.  Like towny's nations, there are
capitols and towns.  The leader of the capitol is the leader of the civilization, and has the power to guide research into technologies which affect the entire civilization.  Buildings can be built and upgraded by mayors, and towns can grow and flourish based upon culture and economy.  Together as a civilization, you will compete for global domination, winning through a cultural, diplomatic, technological, or domination victory.

Differences from vanilla

Weapons and armor require technology to be developed in order to be used.  Vanilla weapons (diamond and iron swords) are useless and are a waste of precious materials.  Instead, you must develop technologies such as archery, metal casting, and blacksmithing to build useful weapons and armor to defeat your enemies.

CivBlock uses unique materials for special items which are used to craft buildings, weapons, and armor.  When you first spawn in the world, you will be given a reference book full of recipes for these materials.

There is a global market in the spawn world, and in towns which develop trade technologies.  There are additional special buildings which enable item repair, enchanting, farming, breeding of animals, and other necessities.  As a result, many vanilla Minecraft features are disabled until the proper technology is obtained.

Join us Thursday July 17th for our launch at civ.craftblock.me using Minecraft 1.7.5!  There will be cake!

Thanks to @kawohi! Special thanks to @mths, @babfish, and @sayolo for their work on the spawn area, and to @nails3jesus0 for her constant support.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
Wait... this means we cant go solo? We have to be in a team? When it comes to creating my own civilization, i kinda prefer working alone. Is that not possible here?

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
tomrobans said:
Wait... this means we cant go solo? We have to be in a team? When it comes to creating my own civilization, i kinda prefer working alone. Is that not possible here?
Absolutely, it is possible.  But significantly more difficult.  CivBlock was designed to encourage team-building and leadership.  But it does not prevent you from going alone.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
thezygar said:
tomrobans said:
Absolutely, it is possible.  But significantly more difficult.  CivBlock was designed to encourage team-building and leadership.  But it does not prevent you from going alone.
i mean like, i dont mind people guiding me through the game, as i have no clue what Civilization is, but if it does involve making a civilization, id rather make it alone, but with helpful guide/tips, as civilization, i've never played it, or even seen it. Ever.

valdem0rt

I burn in fire
Crafter
Feb 26, 2014
Question, do I have to download some sort of mod to be able to play on this?

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
DiamondHunter153 said:
Vanilla Minecraft 1.7.5 will work.  If you want to participate in war or the arena, you will need a mod, but otherwise you can just log in.

valdem0rt

I burn in fire
Crafter
Feb 26, 2014
thezygar said:
DiamondHunter153 said:
Vanilla Minecraft 1.7.5 will work.  If you want to participate in war or the arena, you will need a mod, but otherwise you can just log in.
I can still do that other stuff in vanilla right? With the weapons and stuff?

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
DiamondHunter153 said:
thezygar said:
DiamondHunter153 said:
I can still do that other stuff in vanilla right? With the weapons and stuff?
Right.  You can build your civilization and develop technology without the mod.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
This seems great! I shall start my research and planning. If anyone wants to play with me, PM me. Lol.

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
Omega_Shenron said:
Wait can we raise up an army like in Civ5? (Just wondering, what other things does CivCraft have that Civ5 does)
Only if you can recruit that many players to join your civ!

The units you can create are Spies and Settlers.  Otherwise, you are doing all the fighting for yourself.

I'll work on a list of which Civ5 features are supported.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
thezygar said:
Omega_Shenron said:
Wait can we raise up an army like in Civ5? (Just wondering, what other things does CivCraft have that Civ5 does)

The units you can create are Spies and Settlers.  Otherwise, you are doing all the fighting for yourself.

Would be cool if you can control mobs to be your army.

thezygar

Crafter
Dec 25, 2013
Utah
www.zygar.net
kawohi said:
thezygar said:
Omega_Shenron said:

Would be cool if you can control mobs to be your army.
Yes, it would be amazing.  I'll think about this idea for future development.

Kakashi37

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Canada
Sid Meier's Civilization is one of my favorite game franchises so I am really looking forward to this!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I hope you guys are excited about this as much as I am!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)