Player Wiki If you decide to open a server, make sure to know the CB rules. Here's a few.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
CraftBlock has been running since 2012, and in that time, we've had quite a bit of players opening their own servers. Some were quiet about it, others attempted to advertise to our players, trying to steal our member-base, and two literally copied our map.

So you can stay a member of CB, here are some guidelines to follow. Remember, this is for players who are starting a server.

If you're an Advanced rank
  • If you're a Ambassador to a Moderator, if you start a public server, you'll be demoted to a regular player. No questions asked.
Advertising
  • If caught advertising, even in PMs (and, 90% of players will tell staff you've asked), and even in Skype IF you're literally getting player Skypes to bypass advertising in chat. (We'll find out, we' always do), you'll be demoted and/or banned.
Strict Policy for Staff

• If you are staff, owner, co-owner, moderator, on any other server that is similar to ours, where as the server has towns, economy, etc, and if we find out about it, you are demoted.

There is a conflict between that server and ours, and we value the time you spend here. It wouldn't be fair for us to or to you to split you between two servers. Your time on the server is important to us, so much in-fact that we keep track of it. As staff, it's important you to be active so you can help our community grow.

And I don't believe that's possible when you're staff on that other server that also requires your time and effort.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Meow_Im_A_Duck

au revoir mes amigos
Crafter
Sep 26, 2015
Land of the Tea
If you're an Advanced rank
  • If you're a Ambassador to a Moderator, if you start a public server, you'll be demoted to a regular player. No questions asked.
This doesn't apply to if you make a private server for a couple of friends, right? Without advertising it, of course, that would be a demotion anyway and quite rightly after all.

lunafan031

Crafter
Aug 29, 2014
So. Does this "demotion thing. apply to archis aswell if they choose to open a server?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
So. Does this "demotion thing. apply to archis aswell if they choose to open a server?
Yes, in fact I made this was after an Architect told me they was going to open a server. No matter the rank.

ItsWoof

the android sent by cyberlife o3o
Crafter
Mar 29, 2015
detroit
craftblock.co
Okay, so what if you have a friend that plays on CB and you open up a server and tell them the IP on skype and you are friends in real life and had their skype even before you opened it up?

FFrance

oH sNaP iT'S a CAPt!!!1!!!!!!1! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Crafter
Apr 29, 2016
somewhere :o
goo.gl
EpicGuy_YT asked me on skype several times to join his server :/

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Okay, so what if you have a friend that plays on CB and you open up a server and tell them the IP on skype and you are friends in real life and had their skype even before you opened it up?
This isn't advertising in the community, it's more or less sharing a server with a friend. Advertising is when you're sharing your ip with more then just your "close friends".

EpicGuy_YT asked me on skype several times to join his server :/
Thanks, will investigate.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Updated. Strict Policy on Staff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)