Ideas floating around in my head.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
So these are just little things Im coming across that might make life a little easier.  If I'm asking too much, dont worry bout it.  Ill just accept what you can or cant do.

Templates.
Since we have had the templates to the reports on the outside, it has made reporting so much easier by 1 step :) lol.

Wondering if it would be a good idea to add the template for citizen and trusted as well?  Why? just as we find it wasier to copy and paste that template-- so would our new players coming up from builder... etc.

/rules
Is it too much to ask if the rules on the main server could be numbred?  Makes referencing easier to a specific rule. Dont worry if its too much work.

/towny
Can we get a link straight to the towny page for this one? To arts intro to towny.   Wuold make things soooo much easier to tell a player to type /towny  and it goes to the intro page of towny then typing this

type /wiki
Cick on getting started
Click on intro to towny

or type /wiki > getting started > intro to towny

when we could say
type /towny

At the moment it shows commands like /tc [msg]    - doesnt work for me what I see at the moment  /tc [msg] :Towny Chat,

Pstones link.
Wonder if it can be rewritten. If you want people to use that infor more, getting to that page in the first place can be a lott of explaining if the chat isnt all lost with the amount of chat we get.  Player getlost in the chat enough, and we find ourslve having to repeat ourselves.  And if the infiomation is just not getting to them cause they are getting lost. We end up having to fid the link outselves to paste.  I just think the information can be simplified and more direct.  Something like this below would help alot, alot.

Protection Stones (Pstones) help prevent all your hard work from being detroyed.

To learn about types, area of protection sizes, and how to place one click here
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-21.html#section-pstones

To learn how to buy one type
/shop > emerald > first leather > white mushroom stalk 

civblock and cs

Can we get a custom text to info and ips to those servers?
/civblock
/cs

Code of conduct
a link to the code of conduct would be helpful too.

/code
The following list of rules and guidelines should be followed to every letter by our generous contributors with creative abilitys, and world edit.

http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-148.html

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
_SunDust_ said:
/rules
Is it too much to ask if the rules on the main server could be numbred?  Makes referencing easier to a specific rule. Dont worry if its too much work.
Numbering gives the idea that one is more important than another. That's why none of the rules on the contributors' code of conduct are numbered. One is not more important than they other - they are all equally important.

_SunDust_ said:
/towny
Can we get a link straight to the towny page for this one? To arts intro to towny.   Wuold make things soooo much easier to tell a player to type /towny  and it goes to the intro page of towny then typing this

type /wiki
Cick on getting started
Click on intro to towny

or type /wiki > getting started > intro to towny

when we could say
type /towny

At the moment it shows commands like /tc [msg]    - doesnt work for me what I see at the moment  /tc [msg] :Towny Chat,
/towny is a Towny command. We can't override it. Furthermore, it isn't too much work to go to the getting started wiki and use the table of contents. I'm not going to feed the laziness of the players. They can work for their information. We put it there for them, and none of them use it. They don't deserve to be lazy.

_SunDust_ said:
Pstones link.
Wonder if it can be rewritten. If you want people to use that infor more, getting to that page in the first place can be a lott of explaining if the chat isnt all lost with the amount of chat we get.  Player getlost in the chat enough, and we find ourslve having to repeat ourselves.  And if the infiomation is just not getting to them cause they are getting lost. We end up having to fid the link outselves to paste.  I just think the information can be simplified and more direct.  Something like this below would help alot, alot.

Protection Stones (Pstones) help prevent all your hard work from being detroyed.

To learn about types, area of protection sizes, and how to place one click here
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-21.html#section-pstones

To learn how to buy one type
/shop > emerald > first leather > white mushroom stalk 
I think how we have it now is just fine. lol See above about lazy players! :p

_SunDust_ said:
civblock and cs

Can we get a custom text to info and ips to those servers?
/civblock
/cs
CivBlock, sure. CS, nah. It's an experimental server. The information for it is on the forum. I don't want every player in CraftBlockia coming on it, just those who actually want to. In other words, I don't want come and go players - I want players who are actually interested in playing on the server. Giving information on other CraftBlock servers about the server would bring more players who are just looking.

_SunDust_ said:
Code of conduct
a link to the code of conduct would be helpful too.

/code
The following list of rules and guidelines should be followed to every letter by our generous contributors with creative abilitys, and world edit.

http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-148.html
Every player is linked to it when they visit the store. Just as well, it really isn't that hard to use a forum. It's 2014. If you don't know how to use a forum, you're either too young and shouldn't be playing Minecraft anyway, or you've been living under a rock. :s lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)