I want to apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I'm very sorry to anyone that got offended because of the "How Scotsmen See The Eu" thread.

Whenever I do something bad and know it was wrong of me after iv'e already done it, I get very depressed, and saying sorry does help.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
What was it anyways? I honestly don't see a problem with someone criticizing the European Union.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
The image contained lots of things againt England.

Angeleem

Tay is bae 。◕ ‿ ◕。
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Under Jag's bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http
Technically it contained a lot of things against everyone since it was 'How Scotsmen see the EU' , but I think some people took it too far from the joke and more or less thought you were attacking them or something......Like I said before, everyone hates America, but why should I get upset when I know not everyone is going to like us or say good things about us. I personally don't see why you should be apologizing, but I guess that's just me...

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I have no problem with stereotype-based humor. I do have a problem with the extreme and unnecessary swear words contained within the image. There is a big difference between "British people love to drink tea and queue" or "Russians have bland vodka" in comparison with "British people are [insert list of expletives here].

To clarify, the warning was not given because I am English and thus biased. The exact same warning would have been given if the cusses were about any country. I don't care if the image insults the country I live in; I care if it insult any country to that extent. Such an image should not have been posted.

Anyway, water under the bridge. People make mistakes. I'm sure you didn't do it with malicious intent, Kazza.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
All this thread is about is me saying sorry, nothing else.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Avoxsas said:
Some stuff with things in particular.
Thank you, I noticed the Closed Thread and the warning, but I was just unsure what the content exactly was.
I have no animosity towards Kazza, but I suppose I haven't seen it. Keeping it as water under the bridge sounds like a good idea.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Thankyou for removing the warning, I feel much better now, you can close the thread cause its just taking up memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)