I dont think I can do this anymore.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
I feel as if Ive let the computer take over my damn life. I dont do anything with my family anymore... and today I broke down in tears because of that. I want to start doing things with my family. But I enjoy playing on the computer. But family comes first. Im writing this through sobs and teary eyes.

This is a wonderful community. But minecraft is boring to me. I enjoy other games. And even those games will be sparingly played. I want to show my parents my life doesnt revolve around the computer.

Demote me if you wish.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Completely understandable. Your family & real life is much more important then moderating.

"Demote me if you wish" sounds like you don't want to be demoted and I don't want to demote you ether because you're super helpful and a great mod. Do you think your activity will decrease to none, like only a few days of the week or once per week? If you still get on every other day, it's fine. If you think you need to be demoted so you don't have this responsibility anymore, that's fine too. Whatever you decide.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
I love moderating, and I do not want to stop with it. I just want to prove to myself and my parents I'm not glued to a screen. Probably one to three times a week unless im doing something with my family.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
Lking846 said:
I love moderating, and I do not want to stop with it. I just want to prove to myself and my parents I'm not glued to a screen. Probably one to three times a week unless im doing something with my family.
Why dont you spend some time with your family a couple times a week or more, maybe go out for dinner or go to a amusement place like minigolf or go-karts? Your a epic moderator, you definitely get the job done and i definitely think that you would regret not helping people if you resigned.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
You should never need to just quit doing something that you love. Unless it's harmful to yourself and/or others around you. But moderation is the key. Meaning, split up your Mod time & family time. Just don't let either consume all of your time. Too much of a good thing, can be bad for you. You must have certain time set aside for everything that you do. No matter how much you love something, or someone, you can't spend all of your time with it/them.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
You can go on for like 15 min a day, or every other day for 15, don't quit something you enjoy!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Actually, thinking about this. Maybe there is something else wrong. Maybe you want to be apart of the community and be active, but it's also making you depress with the responsibilities and your family are probably getting on you. I don't know, but maybe the best option would be to demote you completely, until you think you're ready to come back. Maybe you need to take a break from Minecraft and focus on your life. I don't want our servers to be the reason you lost so many opportunities.

What do you think? Maybe it's time for you to take a break completely. When you can come back on throughout the weeks, you'll be able to relax, build, and make some new friends maybe instead of moderating.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
For me, there's never really been such a thing as "family" and "family time" so I've never had this problem. Thus, I can't claim to know what you're going through. lol But hope you get through it. You're always welcome here, as a mod or otherwise, and you know that. :)

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Thanks for understanding guys. But I don't think a temporary demotion is really necessary. This community is the only reason I play minecraft. Moderating it is a privilege I feel as if I have been blessed with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)