Help for school

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
Hey guys my friend from school is doing a survey for her HSC assignment (HSC is like Americans SAT's) and it's on coporal punishment. The survey is mainly for adults but if anyone could do it and post it as a reply to this thread, I would love you forever. Any opinion is welcomed, she needs as much variety in her data as possible!!

capital punishment survey -

1. Age -
2. Country living -
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree/disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain
5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence?
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime?

corporal punishment in schools survey.
1. Age –
2. Country of living –
3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Agree/disagree
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious?

Thanks again guys!!

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South

1. Age - 12
2. Country living - USA
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain: I don't see what killing someone for serious crimes accomplishes. I mean, human lives are extremely valuable, and we just throw them away left and right. Killing them doesn't give the criminal a chance to change, to redeem him/herself. People that go to jails, they get time to think about what they did, and gives them time for their mental health to adjust and recover.
5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence? N/A
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? I dont think it makes much of a difference. As stated earlier, people throw away their lives without really any thought. These people that perform horrendous actions; terrorists, murderers, molesters. They are aware of what they're doing. They know it's illegal. But still, they do it with their knowing of an illicit action and an immoral action in the back of their minds.

1. Age – 12
2. Country of living – USA
3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain: I disagree because these children go to schools to learn. Those who don't care about learning do indeed to be disciplined, but physical harm is unneeded. They could just as we'll be written up, have detention, etc. I feel that even when they don't learn from these punishments, I doubt they would learn from a beating either.
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain: I grew up in an age of "children are the next generation of thinkers, and should be cherished". So, no. I have never been beaten by a teacher.
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? I think that having corporal punishment would make a student about to break a rule think twice, but in the long run, I don't think it's as effective as it's designed to be. Children will carry on as they wish, most of the time.

P.S.- I'm a major hippie, and that's shown in my answers.

oblaat91

Crafter
Apr 19, 2014

1. Age - 15
2. Country living - USA
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree
4. If agree or disagree, explain-More severe criminals won't change because they never have a chance to leave a prison, so why keep them there. Its also way cheaper.
5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence? Mass murder, war crimes, etc.
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? Nope. They know its wrong, but don't think they'll get caught. If they know they'll get caught, then nothings going to stop them.

1. Age – 15
2. Country of living – Still the USA
4. If agree or disagree, explain- These days, if you hit a kid, they'll hit back.
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain-Nope, this is 21st century America.
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? Students might want to start fights to challenge whoever tries to hit them.

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia

1. Age - 16
2. Country living - Australia
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain; Whats the Death Penalty going to accomplish? Killing a human being because they did something they weren't suppose to do, thats stupid. Its better to put the criminal in prison and let them think of their crime, not just kill them and be done with it, thats murder.
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? It would be a good thing to scare people, but the actual killing part, thats just murder.

1. Age – 16
2. Country of living – Australia
4. If agree or disagree, explain; If this was still happening today, f**k I would be at school. Hitting a child, thats physical abuse, meaning that the child would have the right to turn around and use self defense.
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain; Never, never ever have I been hit or physically abused by any teacher. No way in hell I would let it happen, and I will never let it happen to my kids (if I have any ;) )
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? It would, but still, thats physical abuse and self defense can be used :)

Pokemon1212

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Kanto,Johto, Hoenn, Sinoh, Unova
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1. Age - 17[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]2. Country living - [/font]USA 
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]4. If agree or disagree, explain: Keeping them in jail or anywhere for that matter is a waste of tax dollars and space. (They sit around and get free meals all they have to do is sit in boredom while everyone works to PAY for them).[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence? Murder, Terrorism, anything that takes the life of another human being[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? Of course, for some people killing another person at the cost of possibly your own life isnt worth the risk[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]corporal punishment in schools survey.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1. Age – 17[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]2. Country of living –[/font] USA
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Agree/disagree Agree[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]4. If agree or disagree, explain: Yelling at the student isnt going to fix it. even detention, its a joke you yell at them they say "ok i understand i wont do it again" then 5 seconds later when there walking away they think "whatever". it doesnt fix or teach them anything[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain: No but my parents and family use it in their own house holds so i understand the context of what it is used for[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? It really depends on the person and how they take it [/font]

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1. Age - 18[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]2. Country living - United States of America[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree/disagree Disagree[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]4. If agree or disagree, explain: I'm a firm pacifist and use one mantra for all punishment in law: "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Gandhi[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence? NaN[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? Yes. It's a simple matter, the smaller the population, the less the crime rate.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I understand you're looking for adults in particular, but I figured I'd give my feedback.[/font]

1. Age – 18
2. Country of living – United States of America
3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Agree/disagree: Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain: I'm not going to say corporal punishment was never an answer--I'm going to say it was never as effective as education. If a child has bad parents, he will learn to behave in a different way, and school only takes up so much of one's day. It's best that we can learn to understand students rather than punish them.
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain No, corporal punishment was outlawed in the Minnesota, only for school however. My parents have never threatened to hurt me as punishment.
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? It's simple, in an interconnected world (one that someone of my age would be most involved in) it's easy to flare and spread tensions. I would be enraged by such actions, and my first outlet would likely be social media.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I already did one of these through email. Mine was much different. Haha It may seem offensive to some of the more sensitive people, so I won't share it. But I wanted to inform you guys on a few things.

SamDaManNz100 said:

If this was still happening today, f**k I would be at school.
This happens on a regular basis in the "Bible Belt" of America. Daily from what I understand. It's terrible.

crackers1097 said:
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Gandhi[/font]
Actually, there would be only one person left at the end with only one eye. :p

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013

1. Age - 12
2. Country living - Scotland
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree/disagree Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain This comes down to the same thing as , say your the prime minister, and your country has been blown up in a nuclear war, do you retaliate, or do you not kill more people.
5. If agree, what crimes do you think would qualify for that sentence? None, Terrorism at the most
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? No, Death, to many Religious people is a way out, and if they don't commit suicide then they are getting into so called heaven. (im atheist) and most if not all terrorism things are to do with religion.

1. Age – 12
2. Country of living – Scotland
3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Agree/disagree Disagree
4. If agree or disagree, explain Hitting Children may make them more likely to lash out.
5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain I never grew up in a school that used it, but my home used it, if you dont get corporeally punished in one way or form, you may just turn into a selfish brat.
6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious? More rebelious

nails3jesus0

Crafter
Dec 21, 2013
1. Age - 27
2. Country living - USA
3. Views on capital punishment in your country? Agree/disagree DISAGREE
There is evidence that capital punishment encourages violence. It costs much more than life imprisonment.
6. Do you think the death penalty reduces crime? It increases crime. There is a brief increase in violence post-execution that has been observed repeatedly.

1. Age – 27
2. Country of living – USA
3. Views on corporal punishment in schools? Agree/disagree DISAGREE

It teaches children that violence is how a person becomes a leader. It degrades students and erodes their dignity as human beings.

5. Did you grow up in a school that actively uses/used corporal punishment to discipline children? Explain

Nope. I went to many schools, none used corporal punishment. My parents did though, and they hated it.

6. Do you think using corporal punishment on a student makes them more disciplined or more rebellious?

It can go either way, but there is a great personal cost to the students no matter what the results are. The ends do not justify the means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Minecraft Server List