Had To Make This For My Animation Class.

M1N3D34TH

Crafter
Ar7ific1al said:
Interesting... But why is the barn so shiny? xD

Here's what I made for my 3D character design class. I plan to take 3D character animation this fall. :p
haha it was suppose to be futuristic looking but i ran out of time XD. Nice! im really bad at using bipeds, bones and what not >.< your character texturing is really good :D, is the whole thing from scratch?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Yep, of course. :p Well, I did use a burlap texture I found off Google image search in combination with the texture I painted fo Jack's tunic for the bump map. But whatever. xD

awesomegalactic

Crafter
May 23, 2014
in a book filled cupboard
how long did it take cus I am terrible at being patient and btw that is amazing if u get any bad replies I would like to see those people try make what you did

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
awesomegalactic said:
I am terrible at being patient
Then I would not recommend pursuing a career in art or programming. Because it takes a lot of patience, and isn't something you can just do. In fact, just about every professional career takes a lot of patience. Pretty much the only thing that doesn't take much patience is working at McDonald's. lol

M1N3D34TH

Crafter
awesomegalactic said:
how long did it take cus I am terrible at being patient and btw that is amazing if u get any bad replies I would like to see those people try make what you did
thanks :D! like for the last half for my school year we always worked on it for the last 30mins of class 3-2 days a week. haha i did a lot of slacking so it didnt turn out quite as i wanted it lol. but the worst part of working with this stuff is that you gotta deal random bugs in the program sometimes.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
M1N3D34TH said:
thanks :D! like for the last half for my school year we always worked on it for the last 30mins of class 3-2 days a week. haha i did a lot of slacking so it didnt turn out quite as i wanted it lol. but the worst part of working with this stuff is that you gotta deal random bugs in the program sometimes.
JESUS CHRIST don't I know it. Maya is so damn crash prone. :/ I lost several hours of work on my project because Maya just suddenly decided to crash for no apparent reason. :/ And might I say Maya 2015 is no better. :(

My classes are all 6 weeks long. I had never used Maya or done any 3D modelling before I took the class. I don't like to sound like I think I'm better than anyone, but some of the stuff my classmates made for the class was just terrible. :/ Over the course of the 6 weeks in the class, I spent a hell of a lot of time in Maya. I didn't just do my assignments and work on my project. I did all kinds of stuff.

Like this.
And this.
And this one.

I made this not long after I finished the class, just for fun.
And I started working on a female counterpart for Jack, the character I designed, modeled and animated for the class.

I need to do more 3D modeling and art in general, but I've got a lot of school stuff to do and other projects. :p

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Teaching middle school brats, I mean students, requires a lot of patience...aha.

Very cool animation! I always liked 3D modeling and animation, but I'm more on the technical side with modeling parts and architectural plans. Very cool stuff!

M1N3D34TH

Crafter
Ar7ific1al said:
M1N3D34TH said:
JESUS CHRIST don't I know it. Maya is so damn crash prone. :/ I lost several hours of work on my project because Maya just suddenly decided to crash for no apparent reason. :/ And might I say Maya 2015 is no better. :(

My classes are all 6 weeks long. I had never used Maya or done any 3D modelling before I took the class. I don't like to sound like I think I'm better than anyone, but some of the stuff my classmates made for the class was just terrible. :/ Over the course of the 6 weeks in the class, I spent a hell of a lot of time in Maya. I didn't just do my assignments and work on my project. I did all kinds of stuff.

Like this.
And this.
And this one.

I made this not long after I finished the class, just for fun.
And I started working on a female counterpart for Jack, the character I designed, modeled and animated for the class.

I need to do more 3D modeling and art in general, but I've got a lot of school stuff to do and other projects. :p
Yeah this was my second year taking a animation class, the first year we used 3ds max, flash, and free hand. haha i felt the same way about the other ppls projects too. you could kinda tell who wanted to be there hand who didn't lol. but the 3rd year students made it to the national competition, and most of them ended up getting scholarships to DeVry! o.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)