Group Chat - Feedback on eachother & server.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
So I think we should have an annual discussion about us, server, and just see what we can do better. I'd like to have a "group chat".

To be honest, we don't really talk a lot, apart from when we was setting up the new map and server, before and after, our communcation was really poor. We should try to make that stronger, starting now.

So anyways, let's discuss about our thoughts of one another. Feedback, and even if it's rude or mean, it's cool. Let's not take it offensive, but take it as feedback to think about and maybe work on. I'm sure you all have something to say, and it's time to say it here.

I think we'll stay healthy as a team if we can do this, and be open a little bit about eachother so we can work better together. Even if it's negative, just say it.

My thoughts are on my next reply.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Excuse the poor grammer. Slow keyboard typing.

Feedback on myself:

I'm sorry I wasn't here when the map had a reset. WOuld've really helped the server. SO much still needs to be done. I never expected my computer to burn out, and I never thought about a 'backup" ether. Once I get my computer fixed, I'm gonna make sure this never happens again, and invest in a laptop as well.

In late 2012 and in 2013 (besides setting up the servers) I wasn't around much. I honestly became addicted to league of legends and then of my work (Sometimes, I get into this "path" where I'm doing nothing but working and coding for days, or reading a good eBook about programming or learn.. I just blackout from everything else, because if I don't, my ADD (short attention span :/) will kick in), without even thinkin about eating or anything). I feel bad for it.I apologize for it too, and my goal for 2014 is to be really active and help out, and get back into Minecraft. I stopped playing LOL a month before the burnt out and will uninstall when my computer starts working again. WOrk & CraftBlock will be my focus!

SO thoughts.

Wiki:
THis is really about how it was being pushed on to the players. I think it was a little bit to agreesive (Feel free to call me out on this, remember - feedback, no hate). I know you both worked super hard on the wiki. Got it done quicker then I would to be honest. It's the most important thing that could've been done. Having a wiki has always been important on CraftBlock. It was when I started it, and it is now. You guys did an amazing job.

But I feel like pushing it to the players could've had a better approach. More "nicer" I guess. If people kept asking the same thing, there could be a problem with the wiki itself. You have to remember how high quality we are. Most servers don't have a wiki, so new players aren't expecting it, or even understand what a wiki is. We're unique, so we have to make sure we let the players know how to do this or that.

LOoking at the wiki now from the desktop, a description or "How to use this wiki" could've helped, I bet. I do think we looked sort of douchy the way I was seeing it. Now I know I haven't been on the server, so I might be wrong on how you guys were actually handling it, but this is based off of logging into chat a few times and reading the forums.

Overall: I think we need to leave a better, "respectful" vibe on the forums and chat. I feel like we are leaving a bad impression. Now, I'm not saying we should act cheesy as hell and leave smilies allover the place and be as nice as I am,but like, be friendlier to the players, even if they make a dumb mistake or ask a dumb question. Less getting on a player and more helping out (Even if they suck at grammar)

My thoughts.

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South
I personally agree with this nicer approach. When I find a player that has violated rules or needs help, I try to be as graceful as I can. I have thought that our staff has been a little aggressive for a while now, but I never displayed this opinion. I understand you all work 10 times as much as I do, and have stuff going on outside of craftblock, but I think a friendlier approach could magnificently benefit the servers.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
I agree, it saddens me to see some staff being sarcastic in comments because it tarnish me as well as the rest of the staff because of the behaviour of some of our staff. People will remember more how you made them feel, then what you said to them. The fact that staff do interact with players like Kawohi and mud stated is like bringing unnecessary drama to the chat. You are always gonna get people who won't appreciate all the hard word gone into something. yes it is nice to be appreciated. If people are being negative, I think it's a reflection of what's going on in theirs lives at the time. Friendlier, patience. Hmm yeah more positive attitude, people need to lighten up.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
There will always be stupid people. And people who don't appreciate anything that you do for them that makes their lives easier. They just won't accept help. They want to do everything themselves. We call these smaller people, "Children". They think that they know everything. Because, hey! They make some decisions every day and don't die from it right away. So they must be doing something right, eh? lol Fucking kids! :p

Anyway, I have also felt the pain of unappreciative kids. I'm already over it though. I don't let people like that get to me. They obviously don't know what they're talking about. If they did, they might have gone about things differently. But I accept that some people might not like my works, or might not like the things that I say. That's okay. I know who I am and I am proud of the work that I did. That's the most important thing. And criticisms about my works are worth hearing. Even if it hurts my "Feelings". (I don't have a soul :p) I take those bad things and fix them. :) It's called constructive criticism.

But that's how I handle things. Different people handle things differently. I think that the Wolf & Fox are completely in the right to feel the way that they did about having their hard work basically shit on by lazy kids. lol But, I think that the pain or under appreciation is what drives some people to do better. Ar7 says things that I totally think most of the time. He says things that I think some people definitely need to hear. Some people need to hear that they're being stupid about something in a harsh way to snap them out of their stupidity sometimes.

When I was younger, I had a best friend that use to tell me when I was being stupid all of the time. He use to call me out on my bullshit & tell me when he thought that I was doing something wrong (Or that he didn't like). After I stopped hanging out with him, because I thought that he was just being an asshole, I realized that I had started to change the way that I did things. To better myself and learned from his input. I didn't change completely like him though. I just worked on things he said, without realizing it at first.

I'm still friends with him today & will always try to keep in touch with him. He was one of my best friends for a long time. I just talked to him a few days ago actually. ;) We hang out every now and then. But the point is, sometimes people need a slap to the face to wake up. They don't need people to coddle them and tell them everything going to be okay. Sometimes, to better ourselves, we need to stop being babied and told to shut the hell up. Haha I'd rather be told the brutally honest truth that might hurt my feelings, than have someone stroking my ego and sugar coating a lie to make me feel better.

But that's my opinion on this matter. I know that it's a little long, but you know that I like to rant sometimes. Haha :p But my point is, we need both the "Good Cop" & the "Bad Cop". They create a balance I think. We all have our own personalities. While I am very positive and grateful, some people have to be stern and blunt. I love those kinds of people. Because they're not afraid of hurting my feelings just to speak a truth. :) The only other thing that I'll say is, maybe cut down on the swearing while speaking as "Console" or "Server". I know that we probably don't want whiny little bitches hanging around that will bug all of us constantly, but first impressions are important.

Just my opinion. Yours may differ. :p

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
 know that I like to rant sometimes. Haha :p But my point is, we need both the "Good Cop" & the "Bad Cop". They create a balance I think. We all have our own personalities. While I am very positive and grateful, some people have to be stern and blunt. I love those kinds of people. Because they're not afraid of hurting my feelings just to speak a truth. :) The only other thing that I'll say is, maybe cut down on the swearing while speaking as "Console" or "Server". I know that we probably don't want whiny little bitches hanging around that will bug all of us constantly, but first impressions are important.

Just my opinion. Yours may differ. :p
A good reason why I chose Ar7 as an owner, as zax said "You and me are to nice. We need someone who isn't" (Or something like that). And I totally agree with that. Being as  nice as I am, people will try to step on you, and even though I try to watch out for that, it's not easy. Ar7 is there to step up. :)

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
kawohi said:
A good reason why I chose Ar7 as an owner, as zax said "You and me are to nice. We need someone who isn't" (Or something like that). And I totally agree with that. Being as  nice as I am, people will try to step on you, and even though I try to watch out for that, it's not easy. Ar7 is there to step up. :)
Even way back on Buildworx, I was the one who balanced things out, until the amount of people who preferred the nice way got too large. I don't always have room to be nice, regardless of you and Zax being the nice ones.

I'm a server owner, I make sure the server and site are running properly and functioning. When I got work to do, I got work to do. And when rules are broken, rules are broken. I don't make exceptions, because if I make one, I have to make more. It's just that simple.

I know I can be really testy and bitchy at times. Working on CraftBlock is very stressful when the players will complain about the tiniest things (such as server restart). Believe it or not, I don't like to be an ass. I warn players before I restart the server for any reason, and I apologize if I accidentally crash it (with WorldEdit or VoxelSniper, etc.). But I don't see a bloody point in warning the players I'm restarting the server if they're going to bitch whether I warn them or not.

"I'm restarting the server, sorry guys! It'll be back shortly!"
"NOOO!!"
"PLEASE NO"
"D: DON'T I'M BUILDING"

:l My attitude isn't the only attitude that needs adjusting. We've allowed the players to become unappreciative, whiny and just overall bitchy... Bitching doesn't get anything done, and I try to do what I can to get players to bitch less, help each other more and use the forum/wiki/etc. more.

When someone asks for help with something that's on the wiki, I point them to the wiki. When someone bitches about something, I usually ask them to go post on the forum, because it's much better when more of us can help than just myself, Avoxsas or one of the mods.

I don't particularly want a break from CraftBlock. I don't work that way. There's stuff to be done, work to do, problems to solve, and I don't like just taking off and leaving the server to its own devices. Kawohi, you and the other owners/mods can't always be on at the times when I'm usually on. There has to be someone available at any given moment, and I usually am.

Also, not to be rude, disrespectful, etc. but kawohi, you kind of have a history of just going MIA without any reason, explanation or anything. You also have a history of family problems suddenly taking you away from your duties as a server owner. Since Christmas day, you've been MIA due to some mysterious computer troubles, which sketchily enough, you were unable to diagnose yourself or even determine a new motherboard would not fit your proprietary OEM case, despite being a programmer and web designer. No offense but I kinda expect someone with your skillset to be able to diagnose a computer problem and accurately assess the path to getting their system back up and running again. You've been gone a long time, perhaps a bit too long. Players are missing you, have no idea where you are, and have no idea that I'm pretty much the only one right now able to keep the server up and running properly. Avoxsas has a job, she doesn't have all the time in the world anymore to sit and babysit the server like she used to. Jag has a bit of a life, and is technically not even supposed to be helping out with the main server. But he does, because it's needed at times, and he's perfectly capable.

It would also be optimal if those who need to could contact you outside of the internet. It was by some sort of a miracle that we were even able to contact you last night when the server was having its problems. It's very stressing and aggravating when we can't contact you, and when we don't have access to the things we need to have access to.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Ar7ific1al said:
Also, not to be rude, disrespectful, etc. but kawohi, you kind of have a history of just going MIA without any reason, explanation or anything. You also have a history of family problems suddenly taking you away from your duties as a server owner. Since Christmas day, you've been MIA due to some mysterious computer troubles, which sketchily enough, you were unable to diagnose yourself or even determine a new motherboard would not fit your proprietary OEM case, despite being a programmer and web designer. No offense but I kinda expect someone with your skillset to be able to diagnose a computer problem and accurately assess the path to getting their system back up and running again. You've been gone a long time, perhaps a bit too long.
No disrespect, as well, but I completely agree. It's the strangest thing to me.... Of course, I have no idea if your computer problems are even true, but I don't really have a way to prove it, regardless. It has been, indeed, way too long. You first told us you would be back a very long time ago. You told us 12-23-2013 09:23 AM that you would be back a week after that, yet it's nearly been two months. Talk about sketchy. :/

Ar7ific1al said:
It would also be optimal if those who need to could contact you outside of the internet. It was by some sort of a miracle that we were even able to contact you last night when the server was having its problems. It's very stressing and aggravating when we can't contact you, and when we don't have access to the things we need to have access to.
I agree completely. It's always some of the worst times when you aren't here, kawohi. When we need you specifically to fix problems. The MySQL errors, for instance. We had no idea what we were doing at first. I am glad Ar7ific1al's with us, I wouldn't have figured it out on my own. Haha

Ar7ific1al said:
Now, this is for all of the mods... Can you please be a bit more on the job? You might not realize it, but you're our (the owners) lifeline. We already don't have enough mods as it is. As mods, you should be trying to help as much as you possibly can. This goes for the Ambassadors, too, who cannot see this forum. Too often do I see a player ask me directly for help when there's a mod and two ambassadors online, and neither of the two groups offer to help in my stead.
This goes for NanoMods, as well. Seems like the past couple of reports/griefs have been unattended to, and I had to deal with them myself. If you don't want to work with that stuff, you shouldn't have applied for mod in the first place. Hate to say it, but it's true. :/

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Uu_VALKYRE_uU said:
But that's my opinion on this matter. I know that it's a little long, but you know that I like to rant sometimes. Haha :p But my point is, we need both the "Good Cop" & the "Bad Cop". They create a balance I think. We all have our own personalities. While I am very positive and grateful, some people have to be stern and blunt. I love those kinds of people. Because they're not afraid of hurting my feelings just to speak a truth. :) The only other thing that I'll say is, maybe cut down on the swearing while speaking as "Console" or "Server". I know that we probably don't want whiny little bitches hanging around that will bug all of us constantly, but first impressions are important.
I don't think of myself as being a "Good or Bad Cop", necessarily, as I do think of myself as being of two faces. How you act is which one you get.

If you're a kind, respectful, and/or overall pleasant person to be around, then I'll be your friend :3. I'll chat with you as if I'm still a Gold member.
If you're an asshat, rude, a griefer, and/or just a little pest to the server, then I'll get stiff and defensive. I'm gonna stand up for my fellow CraftBlockers, and protect them/ their property from any harm. I won't offend them, but I'll make sure that they, and everyone around in chat, knows that I mean business.

"First impressions are important"- I know that if I were a Blockling and I saw this big, unknown force come down and yell at me, being the tender-hearted lamb that I am, I'd leave. That stuff's scary, man. It kinda makes you guys look explosively foul-mouthed and short-fused too, which I know you aren't.

But that's just me :D.

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I do agree that I just have the title and I don't really have any responsibility aside from helping financially when needed. I know it's very difficult for me to get on now, with a full time job, grad school & 3 clubs, it's very hard to find time. I'm also planning a wedding for those of you that do not know :). I would really like to contribute more. I would have no problem helping with the FTP. I know it has changed a million times over since I ran BuildWorx, but I am more than happy to start back up and help out with the programming. I do understand what to read/edit. Just let me know.

Just to put this in perspective Arty, I rarely have time to play Pokemon ;). I haven't touched it in about 3 weeks :O. Overall, I definitely want to put more into the server. I am planning on helping Kawohi get back from MIA status, so hopefully she will be returning soon. And, like I said, I will be more than happy to help with the programming side. Just give me a chance :)

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Oh just saw this, writing a reply now....

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
kawohi said:
Oh just saw this, writing a reply now....

I know I can be really testy and bitchy at times. Working on CraftBlock is very stressful when the players will complain about the tiniest things (such as server restart). Believe it or not, I don't like to be an ass. I warn players before I restart the server for any reason, and I apologize if I accidentally crash it (with WorldEdit or VoxelSniper, etc.). But I don't see a bloody point in warning the players I'm restarting the server if they're going to b*tch whether I warn them or not.

"I'm restarting the server, sorry guys! It'll be back shortly!"
"NOOO!!"
"PLEASE NO"
"D: DON'T I'M BUILDING"
I'd like to say my opinion here. I'm pretty sure when they spam like that when you're about to restart they're playing around. PLayers always do that. I don't think it shouldn't bother you, I think you should just ignore it. A restart is a restart, they know it.....

:l My attitude isn't the only attitude that needs adjusting. We've allowed the players to become unappreciative, whiny and just overall bitchy... Bitching doesn't get anything done, and I try to do what I can to get players to b*tch less, help each other more and use the forum/wiki/etc. more.
Can you explain more about how they're being more "unappreciative, winy and bitchy. Unless the normal players started to get worst while I was gone then it just seems like regular kids. Example please?

I don't particularly want a break from CraftBlock. I don't work that way. There's stuff to be done, work to do, problems to solve, and I don't like just taking off and leaving the server to its own devices. Kawohi, you and the other owners/mods can't always be on at the times when I'm usually on. There has to be someone available at any given moment, and I usually am.
YOu're right about that. But when it's starting to bother you more, and stress you out, you should take a break. Sure,  be active on the forums and be there if something "breaks" or "just in case' but what I was suggesting was just get your mind on something else for a week or two. For example, if you was reading Jeb's tweets lately (well,a  month ago) he took a bit of a long break from MInecraft. after that break, he played Minecraft for a while, and came up with the new blocks that's currently in the devbuilds. A break helps. 

Honestly, not trying to be rude but that screenshot, of what you said using /server, I don't think it would help at all, specially for any new players that just got on and seeing that. TO me, it seems like a break might be good for you,  but its your choice. I just want to make sure you're not stressing to much. Honestly, CraftBLock grew stronger with you here. It changed completely in a good direction thanks to you and avoxsas. It's still alive thanks to you two. A break is well deserved.

Also, not to be rude, disrespectful, etc. but kawohi, you kind of have a history of just going MIA without any reason, explanation or anything. You also have a history of family problems suddenly taking you away from your duties as a server owner. Since Christmas day, you've been MIA due to some mysterious computer troubles, which sketchily enough, you were unable to diagnose yourself or even determine a new motherboard would not fit your proprietary OEM case, despite being a programmer and web designer. No offense but I kinda expect someone with your skillset to be able to diagnose a computer problem and accurately assess the path to getting their system back up and running again. You've been gone a long time, perhaps a bit too long. Players are missing you, have no idea where you are, and have no idea that I'm pretty much the only one right now able to keep the server up and running properly. Avoxsas has a job, she doesn't have all the time in the world anymore to sit and babysit the server like she used to. Jag has a bit of a life, and is technically not even supposed to be helping out with the main server. But he does, because it's needed at times, and he's perfectly capable.
I really wish I was lying. No computer fucking sucks. I feel completely useless. I lost all 5 of my clients. No money coming in. THANK GOD my mom is getting her tax returns or I'd be still stuck.

Well I have no reason to lie. NOt sure how I can prove it ether besides a screenshot to my newegg account for recent purchases (wrong motherboard, return, new motherboard, new thermal paste for cpu, new case)

Yes, I know I'm a programmer. I even built computers before with a few friends sending me parts to build them. However, I've never came across this problem before. Never seen a fried up motherboard before, nor did I knew )or at-least thought about) if the motherboard didn't fit (I didn't know there was a Micro atx board vs just regular atx board, I needed the micro one). Also about diagnosing the problem. A virgin mobile smart phone tht I got last year for $180.... it's pretty slow :/ Pretty hard to google my problem NOt a lot of websites support mobile and everything is slow.

Thanks to Asus support, (Pretty awesome, besides tryng to find the exact customer number.... that took forever) they actually are tech support (Unlike newegg customer support) and helped me found the solution and sent me an email to help me out a little. Thanks to it, I got the fans to spin. (Screwdriver inbetween panel connectors to give it a surge) and found out that why it wasn't starting up and why there isn't any display when it did start up with the surge is because the CPU also fried (Or bad motherboard, but I can get a free replacement if it is... asus is awesome)

But, anyways, You're right. As I said in my reply is that I went MIA  alot. League of legends, work, and family. My goal for when I'm backi is to be back on more, re-connect with the players and get the server going. 

My phone is off, so can't exactly text. I'll get a texting app from the playstore for this and send you guys my number.. Last night I saw that the server was down. Was actually trying to download teamspeak (It supports linux - Just couldn't get it to run for some reason)... 

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Typing this at lunch. The number one thing bugging me atm is the prefix thing. I absolutely hate the idea. It is cheap and seems greedy. For the sake of $2, I don't think it's worth giving a greedy, horrible impression. Most players don't abuse the prefix system and only request prefixes once in a while. I don't care if people want to change their prefix; it takes 30 seconds to do. I would even monitor how frequently players ask for a new prefix so we could implement a block on prefix changes more than once a month etc. Maybe if ANY rank could purchase a prefix, I might agree slightly more. But that isn't possible due to needing basic rank names. I don't want to screw our already generous donors out of more money for a trivial and simple thing.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I understand, it does seem greedy. So I'll try to post my reasoning here now since I have a keyboard to type in finally. COuldn't do that before.

THe last thing I want you to think that it has to do with sucking money out of the players, it doesn't have much to do with being greedy.

A few reasons why I implemented this system:

- So our ranks are "Donate for a rank, keep it for life". It's always been like that. I love it. Never would want to change it (However I did suggest it in the past.). But because of this system, we're bound for what is slowly happening:
-- A lot of donors. Paid once ($5-$30) and that's it. Most of them wouldn't donate again, even if we was to ask for it. Nothing wrong with that, but what if we're in trouble with bills? Remember, our bills are pretty high! WIth more and more donors that only paying once, we need something to keep the bills being paid.
- A steady income for the server. We've had dried months when no one is donating. It's pretty hard to do anything (like advertising, paying bills, etc) when we're not getting any income for that month. Even though it's not much, it will add up and help us a lot. I promise you that.
- We all want a bigger server. I want that $150 server so bad - I want more Minecraft servers. I want that PVP server up and running. There is no way we can extend to something better with our current system. It's just not stable enough. With dried months, with increase of players on the map and more, our current system just isn't enough. This is the #2 factor.
- in BUyCraft we can create coupons and % off of packages. We can use this for competitions.
EDIT: -
- Keeping up with other servers. If you browse around, you'll see some crazy packages that are pretty popular. The one package that comes to mind is the pay to get unbanned. That is fucking crazy, right? BUt it's still popular. People are still buying it. We're never going to do that, but we also need to find ways to get donations other then the current system to keep up with that. Because of little packags of that, other server owners are able to afford to bid high amounts on server lists. $1000 to just to list to your server, if you win the bid. It seems high, it is - but it's just an example on if we want to grow, we need other ways to stream income.

If you still don't like the idea, well I can try to make some changes to it. I can just delete it but I really hope we can not do that and find a better solution. $1.99 seems expensive and I honestly would like it at 0.99, but trust me - paypal taxes. Send me $50 and I'll get $47. That's how expensive is it.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
So what do you think? Still don't like it? COuld we change something?

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
kawohi said:
If you still don't like the idea, well I can try to make some changes to it.
Ar7ific1al said:
I still like my original idea of offering prefix changes for free through the forum, but also allowing paying for it if you don't wanna wait to have someone check and change your prefix for you. :p

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
kawohi said:
Ar7ific1al said:
I still like my original idea of offering prefix changes for free through the forum, but also allowing paying for it if you don't wanna wait to have someone check and change your prefix for you. :p
Didn't see that. God damnit. Not sure if its this browser or what but I can't see any new replies.

But the problem with that is that ... well, who's gonna donate for something that they can get for free and just wait for a few hours? See what I mean? 

We all want a better server then this 30gb of ram one....  We're gonna need to do this or come with other solutions for income to get to that goal. 

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
kawohi said:
Ar7ific1al said:
kawohi said:
Ar7ific1al said:
Didn't see that. God damnit. Not sure if its this browser or what but I can't see any new replies.

But the problem with that is that ... well, who's gonna donate for something that they can get for free and just wait for a few hours? See what I mean? 

We all want a better server then this 30gb of ram one....  We're gonna need to do this or come with other solutions for income to get to that goal. 
Instant gratification. The point isn't "why would I pay for it when I can get it for free." The point is instant gratification. Those who do not wish to wait, or cannot wait, will purchase their prefix. Those who are okay with waiting, will do so.

Moreover, even if someone is okay with waiting, but would like to contribute to the server a little once in a while, they could do so in this fashion.

In my personal opinion, this option is much better than saying "you can change it twice, but then each one is $1.99!" Doing that is just kinda like saying "hey, we're money grubbers so we're gonna make you pay for something you've always had available for free!" It reeks of the "f2p + cash shop" mechanic a lot of games are going with nowadays.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Ar7ific1al said:
Now, this is for all of the mods... Can you please be a bit more on the job? You might not realize it, but you're our (the owners) lifeline. We already don't have enough mods as it is. As mods, you should be trying to help as much as you possibly can. This goes for the Ambassadors, too, who cannot see this forum. Too often do I see a player ask me directly for help when there's a mod and two ambassadors online, and neither of the two groups offer to help in my stead.
And this...
All staff, you basically signed a waiver when you were shooting for staff, stating that, "I will help anybody when I am needed." You are all of our lifelines, whether you want to be or not.
Ambassadors - an authorized representative or messenger. They should be representing the server, setting a good example. Since they can't see this forum, encourage them. If they act up, or don't help out when they are needed, tell them to do so. 

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
kawohi said:
Ar7ific1al said:
kawohi said:
Ar7ific1al said:

Instant gratification. The point isn't "why would I pay for it when I can get it for free." The point is instant gratification. Those who do not wish to wait, or cannot wait, will purchase their prefix. Those who are okay with waiting, will do so.

Moreover, even if someone is okay with waiting, but would like to contribute to the server a little once in a while, they could do so in this fashion.

In my personal opinion, this option is much better than saying "you can change it twice, but then each one is $1.99!" Doing that is just kinda like saying "hey, we're money grubbers so we're gonna make you pay for something you've always had available for free!" It reeks of the "f2p + cash shop" mechanic a lot of games are going with nowadays.
Besides the useal asking for a donation (Arj, Priceys, Jag, etc) there has never been, in my memory a "donation to help out" I don't think anyone has ever donated just to help out the server. THere has always been a way to do so though. (Again, excluding from the players I asked to help us out). It's a truth I don't like, but it's the truth. If no one has donated just to help out (WIthout being asked too) before, I don't think no one will now.  99% of the time they will always choose the free option. 

Isn't every server that is trying to actually run, f2p, cash shop? Our donor ranks have been here forever. You can donate for 10000 craftbucks (Though no one has purchased that).  A prefix shop is no different.

There is no way we can have a realisitic goal to upgrade our server into something better, or advertise the way we want too, or extend our server features if we don't try to explore ways to make that bit of income. 

Players know we're not money hungry. We don't ask for donations in-game, we've asked a few times on the forums for it but that has had little to no success. Plus most of the players like the idea even.

Players want to donate, but only if they get something in return. And they won't if it's free. 

See where I'm gettin at now? 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)