[/font]
Fragrentapple

[font=Monaco,Consolas,Courier,monospace]Victim(s):
[/font]
server

[font=Monaco,Consolas,Courier,monospace]Temporary or Permanent:
permanent[/font]

[font=Monaco,Consolas,Courier,monospace]Incident: [/font]
fragrent was in converstation to another player about builds and invited that player to see his building on another server. So its a shame that people dont understand that because the IP isnt shared this very conversation was 1 step away from it.  All the player needed to then say to frag is "sure, I wanna have a look" and "Boom"  there goes another player because he was invited to another server, presummably a building server like this one.  I think frag knew full well what he was implying when he made those comments in the chat.  And because of his past history with advertising, I made it permanent.

[font=Monaco,Consolas,Courier,monospace]Witnesses: [/font]
cosmic1443, server chat

[font=Monaco,Consolas,Courier,monospace]Screenshots:[/font]
http://imgur.com/a/OvmCw

Previous actions:
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-406.html
Cosmic in teamspeak sayshe was banned 3 times. I could only find his appeal.
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-719.html

cosmic1443

OH DEAR GOD WHY
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Corn Town
Well may I ask you one thing? What if I wanted to see this build? Maybe get some ideas from it? Am I only allowed to play on craftblock? If its going to be a convo with me and frag why cant I ask to see his build? This is more then one thing. I really dont care. So what if I join a server for what, 5 minutes to look at a build. Is it really going to be the end of the world?

I personally believe this shouldn't have been a thing. Because the last time he advertised was circumstantial. It was over something that some people on the server were a part of, and he really did it out of the anger of banning fugaz.
That is all I have to say at the moment.

cosmic1443

OH DEAR GOD WHY
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Corn Town
JagSwag2014 said:
@cosmic1443 - Advertising is advertising. He could have sent you the IP some other way with no consequence, Skype for example.
Yes he could have, what I am wondering at the moment is if he knew he said it in public chat.  Because I sent him a party invite before and he might of thought that he was speaking in party chat.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
What you and frag choose to talk about is up to you both. But when you are on craftblock forums, servers... and make conversation like above in the screen shots - you bring it to craftblock and involve your craftblock community. People want to talk about other servers is fine...do it by some other means then by using the server to do it. But unless its about approved servers, as it had stated it the rules, it is strongly stated not to do.

cosmic1443

OH DEAR GOD WHY
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Corn Town
But who knows if this would have escalated. This is more of banning on a whim. He could have never meant anything, just saying its on another server.

cosmic1443

OH DEAR GOD WHY
Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Corn Town
FragrentApple said:
Oh realllyyyy.... Saying "on another server" IS SAYING A f*cking IP ADDRESS? Well Sorry, I didn't know that!

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Im closing this. Fragrent, expect punishment. Severe punishment.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I know that this was closed, but I feel like I have to make this point. I read all of the posts and threads about this, and when I saw what Frag & Cosmic were talking about, when Cosmic asked "How?" How could he see his build on another server? I always take screenies of my builds. I would upload them to imgur and share them that way. Without the IP getting in there, of course.

I see that this was a preventative measure, before the IP got out there in Public Chat. A little prevention goes a long way. But I also want to say to @cosmic1443, Yes. You are allowed to go wherever you wish. To visit whatever server you feel like. Nobody is held here against their will. Haha If you were to visit their server, you would not be at fault. We would all hope that you wouldn't go, and if you did that you would return here and stay. Because that's the point. We are trying to create and grow an Excellent community here where we can all have fun. We don't want any good players to be "Stolen away", if you will. Which is the point of Advertising being bannable.

Advertising is equal to stealing our community. In my opinion. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)