Events

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Here I go again... Ok so we got Friday off.. I'm on me ipad... Having a sleep in... Browsing craftblock post... And ideas pop n my head.  Here's another... Reading someone's post on an Easter event, I was about to reply but thought hmm this might be good to see what other staff think, get thier ideas then maybe if goes well, could make it official. Warning: looks like a long post.

Here's wat I was going to post on the Easter post but decided to try it here first. This was replying to a regular player.

Hmm I don't see why you can't initiate your own competitions. In fact it would be awesome if we had some highly active players who were very eagar to run events and form a committee. So heres some ideas you could do to set it up. Maybe a forum badge can be given.  I don't mind helping it get set up. This could further help build the community friendship and competitiveness.

Event Supervisor:
Is a staff member or members.  They let staff know whats happening. And get approval and advice for events from owners, unless they owners lol.  Basically oversee the events committee is running ok, and first point of intact for help.

Events Leader:
Reports all ideas and doings to the event supervisorThread set up applying to be events leader.   Sell yourself and all the traits you think it would take to be a great event leader. 

• In Game Name:
  • What traits I have to be events leader, and how they will help.
    -----
Use a poll so it involves the community, have a time given for this, and in consideration of the poll the owners decide who.

Events Board Committee:

Meets with leader, and decide on what events they could all help to run, through out the year. Who would be assigned to do what. Whether you need a secretary to make notes on decisions made, so people could be followed up with.

• In Game Name:
  • What traits I have to be part of the events committee, and how they will help:
    ----
Use a poll so it involves the community, have a time given for this, and in consideration of the poll the owners decide who.

The Committee:
Once the committee is formed. The meet and brain storm ideas for the year.   Calendar it. Post info to the supervisor. Delegate responsibilities. Follow up. Go through the suggestions people post for event ideas. And any other things they might see fit for events.

The Event:
Committee meets, make assignments who will be assigned to help where.
Who will advertise the event.
Who will set up the thread for polling
Who will set up thread for applicants.
Anything else?

Event Name:
Event Theme:
Objective:
Build co-ordinates:
Poll page link to add build and judge:
Award:

-----------------------
Example

Event Name: The great Easter egg hunt

Event Theme:Easter 

Objective:To find the most Easter eggs in a given location.

Co-ordinates:x:
                    Y:
                    Z:

Poll page link to add build and judge:

Award:

The Award:
Like some trophys, we give them back after th year s up to and over to next years winner.  Could be like that.

And the ideas have now stopped... Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)