Staff member
Crafter
Aug 10, 2014
United States
What is your Minecraft username?
ElmoBently
What age bracket are you in?
15 - 17
What is your current rank on Craftblock?
Elite
Have you been an ACTIVE member of the CraftBlock Community for a minimum of 2 months?
Yes, since 2014.
Why should you be selected to become a Moderator?
I believe I have the correct classifications and skills needed to be an excellent moderator. I also have experience in leadership based activities. I desire to see the server grow and develop as the community has a large voice on the server and as moderator, I believe I could monitor said community to be as fun, fair, and enjoyable to those who deserve it.
How do you think you've demonstrated moderator qualities in your time with CraftBlock?
I have constantly been the type to answer questions in detail, and if I am unsure about a topic asked about, I typically ask questions to those who are more experienced in the field then myself. Whenever a situation has occurred on the server, such as someone claiming town spawn, I have always reported the situation in as much detail as possible to higher ups with a few assumptions of why that event could be occurring. I usually put emphasis on how I am not a professional in those fields, so my assumptions were purely assumptions.
On a scale of 1-5, how knowledgable do you believe you are with regard to CraftBlock rules and regulations?
What country are you from?
United States
What times throughout the week are you available to dedicate to Craftblock?
Weekdays 5:30pm-10:00pm, Weekends 7:00am-10:00pm
Do you have a Discord account?
Yes
If you answered yes to the previous question, when would you be available to participate in Staff group conversations?
Weekdays 5:30pm-10:00pm, Weekends 7:00am-10:00pm
Scenario 1 - A player has recently joined the server and has been pretty quiet; not talking too much. When you go to assist them, you notice that they have began to grief someone's building in the wild. How would you handle this situation?
I would always refer new players to /rules since they just may not be aware of server rules. I would proceed to explain that griefing is a bannable offense and proceed to rollback what they had griefed. If it continued, I would finalize with a final warning and proceed with needed action if it became apparent they weren't listening.
Scenario 2 - While on the server, a player suddenly gets very excited about surviving an ambush of mobs. They talk using multiple lines for a single sentence. You notice on the forums that the player has already been warned for similar actions multiple times by another staff member, and has even been muted once before. How would you handle this situation?
I would proceed to warn them once more for their actions, and if they do end up spamming the chat once again, I would proceed to mute them myself.
Scenario 3 - While on the server, 3 new players join at about the same time. Suddenly, all 3 of them start spamming the chat with rude epithets repeatedly. What actions do you take to quell the situation and stop the chaos in chat?
I would proceed to warn them about their actions. However, if they did continue, it would likely resort to a temporary ban from the server or restriction of any chat functions via using mute.
Thank you so much for taking the time to consider my application!

Rebellious_Tiger

Supporter
Crafter
Nov 1, 2016
ElmoBently is perhaps one of the most active players that I see on the server week after week and daily. He's almost always on the server breathing life into a dying server community and I feel he is just what the community needs. Currently the server's Administrator to player ratio is way off wack and I feel this is partly in due to everyone wanting to be staff not put in the work thus the surge in Admins (I know this is bound to get two or three admins talking crap buts its true folks, sorry.) We have a fresh young spirit here who wants to help get this server out of the grave and back to its glory days. "Make Craftblock Great Again!" mate. 5,000,000% have my vouch and I'm a little concerned this boy isn't a moderator already.

Urchnakie

Head Events Organizer
Staff member
CB Admin
Supporter
Crafter
Nov 10, 2017
After a staff review of the application we have decided.........

Screenshot_37.png

Congratulations on your promotion to trial mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)