ElementWrath's Introduction Thread

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
Hey Craftblockians! I'm ElementWrath, I go by Elly most of the time. I'm a 21 year old male and a veteran of the server. I do not remember when I first joined, but for those who remember Patrick (the guy who used Patrick Star as a skin), I joined within three months or so of when he relinquished control of the server. Point is, I've been around a long time, since Buildworks, and so some of you already know me. Just recently I graduated from college (the reason I haven't been around much), I earned a Bachelor's of Science in Engineering from the Aerospace Engineering department at the University of Michigan.

My earliest builds, including the build/builds that got me Architect are gone, and even though, personally, I would consider many of you today worthy of the title just based on your huge projects alone, it does not take just nice builds to become an Architect. I'm not sure that gets stated enough, that Architect is not just your ability, it is also an attitude. I'm always happy to look at a project and give my opinion of it, and ways to improve it. Though I love seeing all of your builds, I am by no means the best builder ever (that title probably belongs to Valk), and my word is not law, just because I make a suggestion does not mean Ar7 is going to come and enforce it. It might mean that Zax will troll you because he likes to troll me, so that actually might be worse than Ar7 coming to enforce it. I have some experience with redstone as well, but I am certainly not an expert.

I hope that this has given you some insight as to what kind of person I am, you need never fear talking to me, and you may always seek my assistance as long as you do so with the understanding that I probably love to build as much as you if not more, and I may be busy. I am happy to help those I like with builds, though I am not at liberty to clear land for you, and unless you already have creative, you will need to provide me with materials to assist, which I can do rather well since I can fly.

The long story describing what I would consider to be my Architect build (as no pictures exist) follows, read if you like.

I have several builds on the Old World which I took the liberty of screenshotting so that should there be enough interest (or if I get tired of answering "Can I see your builds?") I can present to you my most recent projects, built with creative mode. In part, I became an Architect just by building my house on Buildworks. I decided that I wanted to do everything legitimately, I didn't ask for help or resources, and I purchased no items from the shop. I would say what ultimately clinched the title for me (aside from an extended period of activity, with good behavior) was that the house I first built went from being a small 2 story house (Builder Title) to a completely remodeled 3 story house with a basement. The basement had a redstone switch that turned a waterfall nearby on and off, the waterfall was underneath a train station I built on a hill with a glass tunnel to protect me from mobs and automatic doors that opened and closed behind the cart. There were three such stations, Waterfall station was the middle one, there was one at my house, and one further away where I built a circular tower (at least 13 blocks diameter, if I remember right). In addition to that I had a large hedge maze with a switch that revealed the correct path elsewhere in the maze, a shed for additional storage, and an arena which utilized a property of the server at the time that powered netherrack would catch fire to create a ring of fire around the combatants, it was domed with glass with a logo in the center of the arena and I believe was the centerpiece of my compound. In this way, I would say that it was no single build, but the combination of several builds that ultimately got me the title of Architect (once again, in addition to my behavior and activity). Yeah, I know, that was a tangent, but I figured people may like to hear my version of "How to get Architect for Dummies," which I feel the need to point out does not supersede the current requirements for it.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Even though I told you this over Steam - congrats on graduating.

Anyway, welcome back Elly. Nice to see you again.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
Welcome back, Elly-poo! And thanks for already helping me out with a build! c: Also, congrats on getting that edumication! You has all the smarticles now.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Wow, longer than my intro, good to meet you Elly, I'm afraid I don't know many returning veterans but I'm working to solve that ;) See you ingame!!

Priceys

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
ELLLYYYYY!!! WLEOCME PBACK! WOW SO EXCITE

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Welcome Back :)

Babfish

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Somewhere over the Rainbow
Building in minecraft has to be the most creative thing you can do in games these days and the beauty is it never is perfect, just like life there's always room for improvement, adding new things and details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)