Discourages me as a modder/Bukkit plugin developer

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Not saying this isn't amazing. It is amazing. That's why it's somewhat discouraging. I don't have the team or the resources or the time to even begin to do the things I would like to do, which is stuff like this.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTsueOKY1qo[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV6khJcdKfw[/video]

EDIT: A contributing reason as to why it's discouraging is by the time I could even start something like this, Mythros will be all over the place, and everyone will be playing it, and it'll be so hard for anything else to become popular. :/

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Wow that is really intense. It would intense to make that though, so don't be disheartened Ar7! This is a group of people who probably waisted there last several years making this.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Omega_Shenron said:
Wow that is really intense. It would intense to make that though, so don't be disheartened Ar7! This is a group of people who probably waisted there last several years making this.
Wasted? :l

A waste of time is telling a flower it's pretty.
A waste of time is mindlessly clicking your taskbar for no reason.
A waste of time is opening and closing your internet browser over and over.
A waste of time is sitting on your horse on Skyrim and not doing anything.
A waste of time is staring blankly at your screen.

Creating an immense project like Mythros is anything but a waste of time. Saying those guys have wasted the last few years making it is like telling me I've wasted the last two years on Bukkit plugin development. :I

EDIT: Or like telling any developer they're wasting their time on anything they make.

Prudence

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
What Kind of Question Is This?
So... amazing, and a minute would not be wasted EVER producing something such as this. Arty I agree with you. I watched a movie on Netflix about making games, called "Indie Game" or gaming can't recall. But its a life documentary of 3 teams of people creating 3 separate games. The hardships are unbelievable that they went through. The cost of not getting it done in time I mean. It was pretty astounding to know what they accomplished and what they'd lost. But never did they say it was a waste creating their games.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Marshal_Blades said:
So... amazing, and a minute would not be wasted EVER producing something such as this. Arty I agree with you. I watched a movie on Netflix about making games, called "Indie Game" or gaming can't recall. But its a life documentary of 3 teams of people creating 3 separate games. The hardships are unbelievable that they went through. The cost of not getting it done in time I mean. It was pretty astounding to know what they accomplished and what they'd lost. But never did they say it was a waste creating their games.
Indie Game: The Movie. I have it on Steam. It's a great watch for anyone interested in game development. Phil Fish cancelled Fez 2 because of the assholes that don't wanna do anything but harp on him for not having made Fez 2 yet.

Prudence

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
What Kind of Question Is This?
Well they expected him to freaking finish the game by THEIR deadline. Let him make his own, and freaking stop jumping his ass for making a game for "YOU" assholes (You referring to them).

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Marshal_Blades said:
Well they expected him to freaking finish the game by THEIR deadline. Let him make his own, and freaking stop jumping his ass for making a game for "YOU" assholes (You referring to them).
lol inorite?
http://www.twitch.tv/ar7ific1al/b/497729253
What I've been doing the past 48 hours while not doing school work or spending time with Avox :3
Don't mind the low quality. My upstream is absolute crap, but it was easier and much, MUCH quicker to just live stream it to archive the video instead of manually recording, editing and uploading a 700 MB file to YouTube. XD

The_Baker_Boy

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Everywhere... and nowhere
Ar7, as long as you enjoy making things and the people who play enjoy them, that's all that matters. You don't have to be big to be good. Who knows, maybe someday you will make something like that. Best of luck to you and your modding career!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)