Deletion of posts.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ok, I'm gonna try to say this nicely.

If a staff member has a problem with another persons (staff members IN PARTICULAR) post, what should be done about it?

And now comes the excitingly obvious answer:

You should just contact the author and state your concerns!

It's actually that simple!!!

I've had moderators unnecessarily delete my posts 3 times now.
And I'm definitely not ok with this sort of censorship.

This is the latest example:

Removing a post from her own mod recommendation where I expressed concerns about this kid becoming a moderator. This is not only lacking of respect for me as a person and staff member but also a big problem when it comes to determining whether this person is fit for the role.

I'm surprised that I have to say this, but you can't just remove things you don't like from threads.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
Agreed, this can be taken as abuse of power.
It is. Can someone make a post in the mod forum about this? also ask why holy is doing this? Shouldn't be deleting an admins post as well.

Luckily, this summer, MyBB, our forum software is releasing a new version with soft delete posts instead of perm. Meaning if a thread is deleted, it can be recovered.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
kawohi said:
JagSwag2014 said:
It is. Can someone make a post in the mod forum about this? also ask why holy is doing this? Shouldn't be deleting an admins post as well.

Luckily, this summer, MyBB, our forum software is releasing a new version with soft delete posts instead of perm. Meaning if a thread is deleted, it can be recovered.
It's in the Staff Discussion forum.. lol

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
kawohi said:
JagSwag2014 said:

It's in the Staff Discussion forum.. lol
ah didn't see it on my phone, lol.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
aww you beat me ish.. i was gonna make comment on that as well. for the exact same thing. Hmm i had my thoughts on the matter too. I too had my post deleted because they reflected a less desirable out look on the person suggested for moderator. I have reservations on tic as mod. she has potential but I kinda feel there is more to this story then we are seeing.

R3ali1ty

Crafter
Jan 2, 2014
Arctic Biome
She deleted 2 of my posts. I don't feel like this action that she did was necessary, it was the opposite of necessary. You can't just delete the Negative posts and leave the Positives, that just beats the whole purpose of Mod Reccomendations. They're to get the player's opinions on whether a person should obtain the rank or not. Deleting the posts just causes even more trouble. My posts were indeed negative, but they were telling how Tic should improve. Deletion in these post, were a big no-no.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Were they all the anti-vouches? Because I still see other vouches there.
Well, God forbid I made Tory look bad!

If you thought that Tory looked bad before, she certainly looks bad now. You've got some apologizing to do.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Chiplover2 said:
Were they all the anti-vouches? Because I still see other vouches there.
Well, God forbid I made Tory look bad!

If you thought that Tory looked bad before, she certainly looks bad now. You've got some apologizing to do.
Are... are you talking to me?

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
I try to keep deleting posts to things vulgar, unesscesary, and offensive. Deleting posts such as this is quite disrespectful, and has Jag said, it can be abuse.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
You said you've had three of these cases, IshrkI. Are they all from Holy_Rabbitz, or are they from different Moderators?

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Different Moderators.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Here's a log of Holy's current post removal:
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Today, 12:03 AM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Forum: Suggest a Mod
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Today, 12:02 AM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Today, 12:02 AM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:59 PM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz [CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Deleted Selective Posts (7)
Thread TicTacTory
24.251.242.161[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Holy_Rabbitz[CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
Holy_Rabbitz[CB Mod]
Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Deleted Post
Thread TicTacTory
24.251.242.161[/font]

Note how every single case has been on TicTacTory's Suggest a Mod Thread.

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast
I am extremely sorry about that. I wanted to delete the old posts from before I closed the thread, but I regret doing so. Am I allowed to delete the thread? I still think it needs more time.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Please leave applications alone, unless the player asks you to close it themself.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
In future, don't delete entire threads. We use them to document what has happened in the past. Close it and make a note of why you closed it with one final post. If a thread needs deleting, ask an admin/owner to look it over first. It may not be necessary to delete the thread.

Closing an application thread is easier; if the player asks, go ahead. Deleting a thread currently deletes it forever. Half the time people change their mind and want it restored 3 days later. :)

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Hmm you know as I pondered this, I was thinking maybe holy would be better as ambassador. But I've had another thought.

Holy come back to us here in the staff discussion, talk it over with us, we are here to help each other, like, consider us like big brothers and sisters. We'd do better in counsel each other here then out in front of our community. Sometimes many fail, because we may not have given adequate training.

Talk about any concerns you are not sure about players or staff actions. Hopefully we can provide an area for your to safely express how you feel about things and you feel supported.

What ever counsel you receive, some might feel quite harsh, but those that do take it with strong shoulders, and try to understand their side.

Other then that we're all on this journey.

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast
I know, I'm not very old. I'm glad I'm mature enough to be asked to moderate. People who don't know my age think I'm 15 and that makes me so glad, as my features are not equal with my age. Most people glance at me and expect a 4th grader. I have so much fun every day in community, moderating. I wasn't as noticed as an Ambassador, and I love helping out. I can't stop saying how sorry I am for that post. I don't want to screw anything up in my moderation. I've handled the job well for 3 months, I don't want to mess it up. Thanks for the critique, @_SunDust_ . I enjoy knowing how to improve myself and my job. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)