Danniboyzz1220

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-2889-post-19226.html#pid19226[/font]

Just a few things from this report is not in Lin with what are are expected to do as mods.  It would do no harm that mods re read over that mod wiki.

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]50 blocks doesn't warrant a permanent ban.  It's a temp ban.[/font]

You need to do a search on a player to see if they had made any infringements in the past on the server. 

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]So I pasted my report.  But with my report included, still doesn't warrant a permanent ban.[/font]

Because he used the word black he's racist?

I had to google what chode meant.  But he made an inappropriate comment.  If he made an appeal you'd only have proof on that one comment.  Did you warn him? I see a warning but it could be to any player on the server at the time.

It would be nice to have some more evidence of how this situation was handled.

So far we have a guy make 1 inappropriate comment, some grief and now they are banned, permanently.

Would you mute with a time given for them to calm down, warn them to be respectful.  Then should they ragingly continue after the mute then ban.

I've seen a moderator make highly inappropriate comments, because of the position this mod held, nothing was done. But then nothing was reported just mentioned.hmm ..

He probably deserves to be banned.  

Explaining before during and after helps us clarify any questions in our minds.  

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
Omega, crackers & I all agreed this ban should've been permanent. I was iffy on it at first, but I came to agree to it. He was warned in chat, had an outburst, and left. I was about to do a seven day temporary, but after conversing with Omega and Crackers we decided a permanent was necessary.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
I don't care what number of blocks means what. The guy was trolling. It's a permanent ban.

EDIT: Not black. Nigger. It's a racist term which we do not allow on this server.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Well crackers as a mod you are expected to keep those mod wiki rules. We need to do what they have asked us to do. Not make our own rules. And I do see you have your own agenda when it comes to the amount of blocks griefed.

The ban report was for a inappropriate comment. Maybe trolling should have been added. And I say " a". As there's only evidence of him saying it once.You guys should be good at taking screenshots, so where are they??? If he's guilty lets make a good job of it. Add your screenshots. Cause all he needs to do is apologise for that one comment he made. We have no further proof to keep him off the server. You want permanent bans to be fixed, lets give as much evidence as we can.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
I'm not going canon, I'm saying trolling is a bannable offense. I don't care how many blocks were griefing, it's just compiled evidence. He's still passed the line without the grief.
SunDust, I'm going to ask that you do your job and the others can do their job. I'm not the only one getting tired of your constant henpecking.
If the Owners of this server have a problem with how I'm doing, they can tell me. They can tell Lking too.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
If I see you doing something you shouldn't be doing I will say so. And vice versa. Trolling is a ban able offence, where in the mod wiki does this fall??? If we can't see the expectation on there then maybe we need to get it defined and added, or maybe it's already there.

Are you saying I don't do my job crackers?

The way I see it is we need to be able to communicate and work as a team. Feedback is important be it negative or positive and your telling me to stop? Is this a mature attitude? With that feedback crackers how are you gonna improve?

I'm not perfect. I have many faults. People pull me up on things. I will ponder it see what they're trying to help me with. You might not see it, but I'm trying to help you.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
If I ask for your feedback, go ahead.
If I grief, troll, break rules, go ahead.
But when you start telling me and the other moderators that since you wouldn't have done the same exact thing and tell me it's teamwork? No. 

I'm not being "immature", I'm being honest. And no, I'm not saying you don't do your job. You do your job well, in fact. But you don't do my job well, or Lking's. That's because my job was made for me, Lking's job was made for Lking.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
No because you chose not to care about the mod wiki rules in regards to the number of blocks griefed.

Being honest doesn't stop one from being immature.

We should all be doing the same job. Be on the same page. Your job is no different from mine.

Also to some point your taking this very personally, getting off track from the report made.

And you're doing a great job crackers don't let this little thing get the best of you.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Different situations have different endings. With what I hear what crackers says, calling some "nigger" is not acceptable in the English language. It's offense to other people when using it against someone not in a friendly situation. Mods have to make their own decisions on what they decided is their best choice. I agree, 50 blocks should be a temp ban, but with insulting others on our server, and the mods not doing a think to help them? I feel like it's not fair when a player of higher power doesn't help another player of lower power. I'm not sure if Dan was saying this to builders or citizens, or just mods in general, saying those words he said is straight up disrespectful to everyone on the server. I will not say my opinion on Omega's, Cracker's, and Lking's decisions on this ban, I don't want to cause conflict here.
I agree with Sun, that getting the evidence we need to do these bans is important, to help provide the players with what had happened, to them. Even if it's not in the mod wiki, the mod wiki is there to us guide what our decisions should be like. We've had players that will troll us, and had been banned temporary, and permanently. I'm not the decision maker here, but if that's what those mods thought was the right decision to make, then that's their decision to be made. I'm not choosing sides, but if a mod thinks a permanent ban is suitable for a situation like this, then it is; If not, they decide the punishment. The Owners are also their to help us, the mods, make decisions on what is for the best. Whatever happens, it's for the best.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
_SunDust_ said:
No because you chose not to care about the mod wiki rules in regards to the number of blocks griefed.

Being honest doesn't stop one from being immature.

We should all be doing the same job. Be on the same page. Your job is no different from mine.

Also to some point your taking this very personally, getting off track from the report made.

And you're doing a great job crackers don't let this little thing get the best of you.
"No because you chose not to care about the mod wiki "rules" in regards to the number of blocks griefed."
I've already told you that's not even the primary reason the ban occured:
·         [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]In these situations, use your own discretion. You can:[/font]
  §  [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Temporarily or permanently ban them depending on the severity.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]And I don't "choose" to ignore the Wiki. When someone griefs in multiple instances, that means it isn't a mistake. Especially when a warning has been given out already.  [/font]

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
I know that my voice may not carry as much in this conversation as I'm not main staff... but uhm...  all of us kind of have to work together, as staff we are a team, and if we don't work together we can not perform our job properly.

@crackers1097 sun's right, if she thinks you're doing your job incorrectly she can, and I think, should point it out. If anything you're acting like someone much younger than you are. I could accept something similar to this behavior from lking, kitty, ryno, or any of our younger mods but not yourself. Even if you feel you're being honest I request that you stop now, before this gets out of hand and someone gets to offended, or worse, resigns. Pretty much our job is to enforce the rules the owners set, help the other players, and do things according to the mod wiki. And remember, sun is both a mother and a moderator, being a mother comes first and her mind likely goes to "oh this kid is being rowdy i need to deal with them".

I could go on but I'd start repeating myself after a certain point and I don't feel like doing that today.

@_SunDust_ if I have anything to say to you, its you should take your own advice, you said that if you see one of us doing our job improperly you will tell us and I'm going to (hopefully correctly) assume you want us to try to change accordingly, you should do so as well. I'm coming down on ban reports (mainly because that's the only issue you have that I've really noticed) , most of us, when we ban someone we go afk, write up the report, post it, and go back to playing, not continue playing and keep going and write the ban reports later, and when you are a mod on main, there's a good chance there will be another mod online who isn't writing a ban report. I suggest you take advantage of the fact that there's a good chance that you're not the only mod online and write ban reports right then and there. If you miss something oh well, we all do, it'll probably be reported later, and can be dealt with then. But that's all I've got to say about you.

But guys pretty much, after a certain point this is going to get out of control and I have a feeling it'll be like dragging two three year olds apart when they're in a fight, and I don't feel like the owners and the other mods want to do that x.x

@ryno314 is perfectly correct

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Why do you think I don't rush off to make the report??

Mon i think ive already mentioned this before, but since you bring it up agsin, le me try explain again.

And I know where it evolved from, the player jakehoseith. If youd seen his abusive emails he sent me you see this guy is not in the right headspace that he even made a big deal of it on forums.

Some cases I like to think things over. My reports get typed up maybe not there and then when in time frame of the person involved. But they do get done. And whether I'm still on the server and doing a report at the same time is my choice. I keep an eye on the chat, while I'm collecting my data for the report. Your collating your pics for an album, copying and pasting the template (made easier thanks jag), your doing a search on the player and collecting previous actions to add to the report. All takes time as well as whatever your doing at the time in real life. I don't see the need to no rush to make a report just to suffice the needs of impatient kids
I could be and most probably pondering over the incident, could be collecting more evidence while still on the server, Talking to the other players. I do like to get a good pic of a situation before making a report.

Ok crackers I see now where that came from on the wiki. The guy was disrespectful, and unless he makes an appeal we'll never know if someone or something on the sever caused him to react lik that. Based on the report and evidence given paints a vague picture. :/

Ehh nvm. Just disregard my comments. Keep up the good work. Idk why Im making a big fuss over it. I'm sorry if you took offence at me challenging your actions.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
SunDust, I suppose I did overreact last night. There comes a point when all problems need to be addressed. Feel free to make some corrections on ban reports I've made. But, for example, when we've already come to an agreement with other mods (this case, as well as my ban on catmaster0_0) it's entirely unnecessary. Especially when you circumvent Closed threads. There's a time and a place for everything, and I suppose both of us should get to understand that.
@Monocrome_Pony I was being entirely reasonable. I've talked to other staff on the issue as well. The immature thing to do would have been to ignore this entirely. I don't need the surprise of someone replying to a thread that was Closed (Not be me, even) talking about all the possible mistakes I could have done on an obvious ban. Sometimes, you should take a moment to see both perspectives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)