:D

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I just wanted to share my happiness with you guise:

Today I got a new job!
It's basically my dream job, where I get to play with expensive electronics (we just got 8 of these :D) all day long while getting paid 53k a year. (Might not sound as much money to you Americans, but remember that we have free healthcare, free schools, 6 weeks of vacations, work 40 hour a week and so on.)

So... I might not have time to play much anymore. I'll try to get on in the weekends at least.

Take care all you lovely people!

plusNick

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
England
That's rather a cool job! Congrats :D I hope you enjoy it, and still manage to get on every now and then!

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
tomrobans said:
How do i sign up?! This is perfect!
Well, I was one of 30 applicants that had the right requirements. The requirements contained stuff like "10 year experience as a professional show business tech" and "broad knowledge regarding both light, sound and stage mechanics and technology".

If you have those I'll let you know when they're hiring again. ;)

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
But... now who's going to be my connection to the Swedish mafia? D:

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
The house mafia? I think they split up when they saw a video of themselves on stage.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Thats a lot of money, im guessing you live yourself, you could get a pretty good house, well, I hope you do well in the game of life.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Why yes, I do live myself. My GF and my kids are alive as well.

My plan is to get a pretty shitty house and then tear it down and start over or just rebuild it. I have some crazy requirements that are not readily available.

And yes, I am indeed doing good in the game/journey/struggle that is life. At least right now. ;)

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
Sounds like a pretty fun job!

My dad works in the mine's, where he's a very high supervisor and he mostly fixes big machinery like boilers, conveyors and the equipment that makes to dirt into bauxite.

I can't remember where you're from, but I think its Sweden?

I tried using this currency converter, but I don't know what your Currency is :p I used SEK to AUD.. 50,000 SEK = 8,000 AUD .. Can't be right lol..

SlyGuy31

Crafter
Jan 19, 2014
New Jersey
Ish! Gratz on a new job bud, the job sounds awesome! Just hope you can still get online but if you can't then don't worry, life first huh? :p. Yeah but gratz and have fun tinkering with expensive electronics :D.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
SamDaManNz100 said:
Sounds like a pretty fun job!

My dad works in the mine's, where he's a very high supervisor and he mostly fixes big machinery like boilers, conveyors and the equipment that makes to dirt into bauxite.

I can't remember where you're from, but I think its Sweden?

I tried using this currency converter, but I don't know what your Currency is :p I used SEK to AUD.. 50,000 SEK = 8,000 AUD .. Can't be right lol..
Sorry, I forgot to say it was in dollars. In Swedish kronor it's 350k.

Btw, didn't you say your dad worked as a firefighter?

@SlyGuy31
Thanks man. I sure will have a lot if fun. It's not always a dance on roses, but I can't complain.

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
@IshrkI - My dad works at a mine, but also has a secondary job as a Firefighter. When he's not working at the Mine, he's on call for the Fire Department. He has been a Volunteer Fire for over 10 years, and was offered a job as a Paid Firer, so he now gets paid to do it. But his main job is at the mine, which is actually his dream job.

At the mine he makes 130K AUD a year.
At the Fire Department he only makes 8K AUD a year.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Right, now I remember, he volunteered. That's very honorable of him by the way!

And yeah, I'm happy he makes twice as much as me, I would've wanted that kinda pay as well if I was working in a mine.

The thing about the entertainment branch, as well as the "finer" arts, is that you don't go professional to make money. You start doing it professionally so you don't have to go to work to afford your "hobby". It's getting paid a small amount of money to have fun and being creative.

If I would have wanted to get rich (in money) I would have studied to become a doctor instead.
It's just that I don't want to deal with the massive amount of reading, and later on, touching filthy sick people.

My aunt does that though, she makes hilarious amounts now that she has climbed the ladder. I don't even know how much it is since she is kind of embarrassed about it being so high.

JustSam98

Crafter
Dec 30, 2013
Australia
My dad was actually headhunter for the Mine job he has now, lmao. We got a phone call when we were in New Zealand, it was like 12am, and they offered him that job. Once he found out what this job had to offer, he couldn't refuse.

We only pay $10 a week for housing, which we currently live in a 4 bedroom house, one of the biggest in Gove since we have a large family. And everything that gets broken in and around the house is fixed by the mine works, pretty much. Mum and dad thought that it would benefit us, if we moved and took the offer. Which it has, if we had of stayed in New Zealand, we would've still been 20 minutes from one of New Zealands most dangerous town.

I'm glad we moved, and my family is to.

Enough about me, and my b/s.

Anyway, I would love to play with Electronics and stuff, it would be a job I would enjoy. Also, it would be fun to actually make electronics, toys etc;
All the best with your new job! Hope you enjoy it :)

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Tell me when you guys ship in some of these:
https://getpebble.com
I don't have the steel, but I have the other one in red :p.
I heard @JagSwag2014 wants a smart watch; maybe you can ship one to 'em :D.

Congratulations! You sure make way more then I do by watching ads and downloading apps XD. Good luck out there, though you probably won't need it ;).

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks guise!
But Chip, we don't really deal with tiny consumer products.
It's mainly just large scale light, sound and stage equipment.

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
That's awesome, Shrk! I'm always happy to hear when good people earn a great position making a living doing something that they love & care about. :D I hope that you go further in the future. I would usually end these things with my motto, but it sounds to me like you know what "Have Fun & Be Excellent" truly means & are now reaping the fruits of your labors. :) Congratulations dude!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)