misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013

Our first custom plugin! Built by yours truly. :p

CraftXen's goal is to engage our players on the forum more, while it's a basic plugin, it'll help our players know what's new without having to find out themselves.

Features
For right now, it's simple. When someone makes a post in a non-excluded forum, it'll alert everyone on the server in a broadcast style message. It'll show the title of the post, and a button you can click to view the post.

Note: If you're afraid this will get spammy, all it takes is a simple adjustment to the plugin to prevent spam, but I don't think it'll get that bad.

Plans/To Do
  • Better Integration - I'd love to truly make this into THE forum plugin, with tools for us admins and players alike.
  • Player Ignore Option - A player can ignore announcements from a specific forum or completely mute the forum announcer plugin.
  • Recent Forum Posts - Sending the player a list of recent threads.
  • More information - Which forum it's posted in and if it's a post or a new thread.
  • Points & Awards System - The more you post, the more points you'll get, after X amount of points, you'll earn an award.
  • Scoreboard - Idea for above.
  • Faster sign-up process: Sign up on the forums with just a command.
  • Put on Spigot - My end goal is to put it on Spigot and sell it via Premium, with all sells going to the server, helping us grow.
Version: 0.0.1 - The plugin is still in alpha phase, and currently on the server. Hopefully it doesn't break!

Thoughts / Bugs:

If you've found a bug with this plugin or you'd like to post a suggestion or just share your thoughts, please do here!

Status: Offline - Forum upgrade broke this plugin. Maybe we can have it again sometime soon!

Thanks!

------------------------------- Changelog -------------------------------

• 6/03/2017 - I made some quick fixes and enabled it back on the server. Enjoy the spam!
  • 6/03/2017 - Currently disabled while I'm rewriting the plugin. It'll be back soon!
  • 3/29/2017 - Fixed newline color bug, removed newline from border, character limit for message is now 140. Oh and [Forum] is now clickable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

asacavanagh

Breaker and Fixer of the things!
Supporter
Oct 21, 2014
Sydney, Australia
If this promotes forum use, I do see spam becoming an issue eventually and would like to see an option to toggle the plugin per-player and it save that setting. It's something I wish the auction plugin had for /auc ignore.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
If this promotes forum use, I do see spam becoming an issue eventually and would like to see an option to toggle the plugin per-player and it save that setting. It's something I wish the auction plugin had for /auc ignore.
Yup it's in the todo, should be done soon.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Updated.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
We should bring this back. With the new reset, I havent seen it anymore!
I had to put it aside while we focus on the new server, it'll be back soon enough though, I miss it myself!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Currently rewriting the plugin before I bring it back, cause I'm a perfectionist. Sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)