CraftBlock Economy Adjustment

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
So, when I originally designed the economic model, I went with setting the sell price for items at the spawn shop to 5% of the buy price. However, I decided to go with 25% so players wouldn't be so skint for cash...

That plan is failing. In fact, the economy is worse now than it was before the reset, because players can make millions in no time flat. :/

I don't like it. I want to redo it and put it back the way I originally planned: 5% of buy = sell-back price.

This would put Diamonds at CB|400 instead of CB|2000. That's a drastic reduction in sell-back price.

On the bright side, this would give even more room for competition in the market. That's another thing I want to discuss (the marketplace), but it'll be in another thread.

What do you think of the current state of the economy...? Within a few days, players are making millions. This is partly due to the fact that everyone loves automation and mob farms and all this crap that really, very seriously ruins the economy. :l

So, state your position as follows:

• Lower sell-back to 5% of buy price. Explain why you want it that way.
  • Leave the sell-back price at 25% of the buy price. Explain why you want it that way. (Better be good - cuz it isn't working out currently)
  • Change the sell-back price to (some other percent between 5 and 25) of the buy price. Explain why you want it that way. (Better be good - anything too high and it won't change much at all!)

You already know my position, and I've already explained it. So please provide your own input.. Thank you.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
I'm going with your first option: Lower sell-back to 5% of buy price. I think it'd be much better to make getting money harder for the players. So yeah lol. I agree with your option.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
JagSwag2014 said:
I'm going with your first option: Lower sell-back to 5% of buy price. I think it'd be much better to make getting money harder for the players. So yeah lol. I agree with your option.
But if I change it, how should we handle the current amount of players with multimillion CraftBuck wallets? Should we reset all money? Reset the wallets of all players with >500,000 CraftBucks? Leave it how it is to reward them for their dedication in making millions?

What if we post an announcement when it changes, offering to reset the balance of any player who wants to restart their economic adventure using the new model? That could be fun.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Ar7ific1al said:
What if we post an announcement when it changes, offering to reset the balance of any player who wants to restart their economic adventure using the new model? That could be fun.
I like that. Eventually any of the rich people that don't reset will probably lose most of their money due to the price change.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Resetting the players sounds ok but not complete wipe. Having something for all their wrk is better then nothing. But yeah I was surprised lots of ppl making pumpkin farms and selling to make money

Uu_VALKYRE_uU

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan, USA
I think... Lower the sell-back price to 5% of buy price. But leave their money. It'll be gone/used soon enough. Haha But, yeah, I agree with you Ar7. If the economy is worse now than it was before the reset, do whatever you think is necessary to make it better. Right? Plus, we do need to do something about that Marketplace. Haha But I'll get to that thread when I can. :)

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I also agree with 5% sell back and offering a reset, not enforcing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)