uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
  • uhhlking

uhhlking

JagSwag2014 said:
I thought there was no rule against stealing if the chest was unlocked on Craftblock. Did I hear wrong? :L

http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-139.html
All chests were recently unlocked, and this person didn't seem to know that. I went ahead and rolled it back, and since the person took a lot, I tempbanned them. Sorry. You can unban him/her if you think otherwise. >_>

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

It's fine, I just thought we didn't punish for stealing if the chests were unlocked and gave no refunds for it. Idk :L

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

I'm pretty sure that's a rule.

T

Timmy9997

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Australia
  • T

Timmy9997

Craftblock: where the owner can say "I'm pretty sure that's a rule" and still be the best owner ever.

misskoa

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
  • misskoa

misskoa

Timmy9997 said:
Craftblock: where the owner can say "I'm pretty sure that's a rule" and still be the best owner ever.
Ahh? What I mean is, I don't think that should be allowed. I mean, we're about building. Allowing stealing of any kind just disrupts that. That's for a more gritty server  :)

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

Though, I did completely forget the fact that all the locks on chests were destroyed on the host migration. :L

A

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
  • A

Ar7ific1al

kawohi said:
Ahh? What I mean is, I don't think that should be allowed. I mean, we're about building. Allowing stealing of any kind just disrupts that. That's for a more gritty server  :)
It isn't about allowing stealing, it's about expecting players to take responsibility. For this particular instance, fine, because we lost all of our MySQL data which contained information on locked chests, doors, etc.

As a general rule, though, if a player's chest is stolen from, it's their own fault. Chests are locked automatically when you place them. The only way for someone to steal from it is if you allow them to access the chest, or if you unlock it completely. That's the player's fault, and they should take responsibility for it.

FlyingRat102

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
  • FlyingRat102

FlyingRat102

Ar7ific1al said:
kawohi said:
It isn't about allowing stealing, it's about expecting players to take responsibility. For this particular instance, fine, because we lost all of our MySQL data which contained information on locked chests, doors, etc.

As a general rule, though, if a player's chest is stolen from, it's their own fault. Chests are locked automatically when you place them. The only way for someone to steal from it is if you allow them to access the chest, or if you unlock it completely. That's the player's fault, and they should take responsibility for it.
Exactly, I can't tell you how much crap I get from people when I tell them it's their fault stuff got stolen. Not mine.

J

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
  • J

JagSwag2014

That's what I thought. Since all the MySQL data was lost, should we punish them for it? At least until the map reset?

S

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
  • S

_SunDust_

K, I'll add this to the mod wiki, so our new mods are up on the play.

Chiplover2

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
  • Chiplover2

Chiplover2

@_SunDust_
That was quite a bit ago, Sunny; everyone's got all their stuff now, so I don't see any point in it.

It's not our fault if they let someone into their chest and the other person takes all their stuff. They were the goofs that let 'em in; it's their problem, not ours.

Nayxerr

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • Nayxerr

Nayxerr

@Chiplover2 she said that she will add it to the wiki for future mods and future problems. This is not about the problem that happend 9 momths ago. @_Sundust_ is just fixing the wiki and as she said somewhere, she is going through the forum to find stuff like these that are missing and adding them. I think this is a good thing. I don't understand why everyone are on Sun everytime she is doing something. Just let her do her thing if it's something positive like this.