computer problems... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
about 2-3 months ago my computer went from super good to just terrible, so i said forget it and reset my whole computer reinstalled drivers and everything was back to normal.

Now today i was on nano block building a new base and had a average 190 fps, i closed everything a went and watched a movie, came back and had 13 fps. i checked some things and it turns out there was a windows update 30 mins prior my return so im guessing thats my problem. so can i get a little help, i dont think i can play with 13 fps for long D: if you need any more info just ask.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
DId you restart your computer?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
version of windows?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
All I can think of at the moment is that you have an anti-virus or other applications using up memory. Any apps running?

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
i kepp mozilla up with the forums or something on, but thats about it, i checked task manager and didn't see anything taking up alot of room :/ ran virus scans nothing popped up. So thats why i thought it was the update

Flx98

Crafter
Jan 31, 2014
Imagine there's no countries.
SamDaManNz100 said:
And, your point is...
.. ugh... Nothing. :I

THG What version of Win7 are you using, 32- or 64bit? Also I'd recommend to check for a downgrade with the older version as that might be the problem. Other than that, how much RAM do you currently have allocated to minecraft?

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
Flx98 said:
SamDaManNz100 said:
And, your point is...

THG What version of Win7 are you using, 32- or 64bit? Also I'd recommend to check for a downgrade with the older version as that might be the problem. Other than that, how much RAM do you currently have allocated to minecraft?
its 64bit and i have 8 gigs in total, but on nano i have 3 dedicated towards it, but its not only minecraft running slow,its everything

Flx98

Crafter
Jan 31, 2014
Imagine there's no countries.
THGlikeaboss said:
Flx98 said:
SamDaManNz100 said:
And, your point is...

its 64bit and i have 8 gigs in total, but on nano i have 3 dedicated towards it, but its not only minecraft running slow,its everything
That's a tricky one.. It could likely be your hardware being a bit loose, atleast I had that with one of my gpu's and 1x 8gb gddr5 ram bar.. Try to push everything into it's socket again (Don't push with brutal force though) and check if any cables are in a bad looking position that may cut the signal. After that do the 3D Mark11 Benchmark (it's a really good one, just download it)

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Sam, that was pretty stupid. You see someone that needs help... rather then be an immature smartass, help them out. I keep having to delete your posts because they're ether completely un-related to the topic, or just stupid and immature.

Flx98 said:
THGlikeaboss said:
Flx98 said:
SamDaManNz100 said:
And, your point is...

That's a tricky one.. It could likely be your hardware being a bit loose, atleast I had that with one of my gpu's and 1x 8gb gddr5 ram bar.. Try to push everything into it's socket again (Don't push with brutal force though) and check if any cables are in a bad looking position that may cut the signal. After that do the 3D Mark11 Benchmark (it's a really good one, just download it)
Doubtful, it sounds more like a windows update that ether didn't install right or made something chug the memory. (Which isn't very surprising...)

I would just go for a windows restore before the update (As you said, that's when it started being stupid....) It's not that hard to do, however you'd want to make sure it'll restore on the date before the update.
Hopefully this explains it better for you...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

THGlikeaboss

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Texas
kawohi said:
Sam, that was pretty stupid.  You see someone that needs help... rather then be an immature smartass, help them out. I keep having to delete your posts because they're ether completely un-related to the topic, or just stupid and immature.

Flx98 said:
THGlikeaboss said:
Flx98 said:
SamDaManNz100 said:
And, your point is...

Doubtful, it sounds more like a windows update that ether didn't install right or made something chug the memory. (Which isn't very surprising...)

I would just go for a windows restore before the update (As you said, that's when it started being stupid....) It's not that hard to do, however you'd want to make sure it'll restore on the date before the update.
Hopefully this explains it better for you...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore
its fixed! :D thanks for all the help, i restored it but i didnt restore it far enough :/ so after reading this i did it even farther and now im back :D this can now be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)