Colonization Event?

I

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • I

IshrkI

I just read about how mths wants us to PM him with event suggestions so he can take the credit. Although I think he really deserves all the credit in the world, I still wanted to bring this little idea out in the open right away.

How about this: We set a time and place and team up and travel far away by digging a tunnel under the lava lakes in the Nether.

We then build a portal taking us to an unknown area in the overworld and begin to set up a big camp or a small gated village.

To make this challenging we might need to do some of the following things (during the event only):

* Set difficulty to hard.

* Restrict what we may bring with us.

* Not hide to evade hostile enemies.

* Make creepers blow up blocks as they are supposed to.

The goal of the event would (maybe) be to set up a selfsupporting village that is secured against hostile mobs.
It also has to look really really good ofc. We should probably decide on a general theme for constructions.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to take part in something like this?  Is there something you would want to add?
If you think this is a terrible idea I would like you to show it by not posting in this thread at all.

O

OGPoke

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
youtu.be
  • O

OGPoke

I would love to take place in something like this

B

Babfish

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Somewhere over the Rainbow
  • B

Babfish

Would be awsome. I can build fast if I have an idea in mind.

M

McMaster777

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
'Murica
  • M

McMaster777

I would love this

I

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • I

IshrkI

:)
Nice to see that you're all up for it!

To continue on my thoughts; We should plan a bit before and divide in groups so everyone gets to do what they like most. Things such as gathering materials, growing food, security and construction.

Edit: Would it be possible to freeze time during night so that it doesn't get too easy?

O

OGPoke

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
youtu.be
  • O

OGPoke

IshrkI said:
Would it be possible to freeze time during night so that it doesn't get too easy?
I know how to if mths needs to know.And i am good at all those things you listed

O

ojoman2001

ojoman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
www.com
  • O

ojoman2001

:O I wasnt gonna rewhitelist, but for this, I hope to at least try to be in!

uhhlking

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
  • uhhlking

uhhlking

Sounds interesting... I would die, but this sounds pretty cool. :3

A

AmirAti

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Israel
  • A

AmirAti

Sounds fun but I feel like it would be so time consuming I might not join
because It's test season soon ....

I

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • I

IshrkI

Hmm. I don't really know how long it would take in it's entirety. But we would definitely need as many as possible in the very beginning. I'm thinking it would probably take us half an hour to get into position and prepare/empty our inventories. But when we finally move in to the target location it shouldn't take us much more than an hour to get things somewhat under control.

From there its just a question of how far we want to go with it. Any suggestions on what we could aim for?

A

AmirAti

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Israel
  • A

AmirAti

You know what could be really fun? Everyone reinstalling tephr clients and getting all the achievements together

whiteNnerdy234

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
  • whiteNnerdy234

whiteNnerdy234

To bedrock! Why settle for less?

M

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South
  • M

mudsplash325

This sounds really fun! I soul definitely want to be apart of this event .

I

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • I

IshrkI

Update!
Ok, because of the high interest I have decided to try to make a test. 

The idea is that I will prepare a portal in the nether leading to an unpopulated part of the map. In the nether I will have chests prepared with the starting equipment for each and everyone taking part in the event. 

Once we head in to the overworld our "mission" will be to recapture and secure an old lost fortress.
We will have to first establish a temporary base where we can grow food and stack up on resources needed for the dangerous trip to the location of the fortress. 

We will then try to reach the fortress together by building bridges, staircases or whatever we might need. When (if) we reach the destination we will rebuild the broken fortress and build other supportive buildings such as watchtowers and bunkers. Being creative with the rebuilding and construction on the site is very welcomed.

Now to the tricky part:
I (we) need help from staff if I'm gonna do this.
I have full understanding for how incredibly busy all of our staff must be right now with half a forum to rebuild and the main server soon being updated and the map switched. Then comes all the copy/pasting of player structures. 
I don't expect anyone to have time for this anytime soon, but I would like to hear if this is even possible to go through with.

I guess we would at the very least need to do the following:
* Set game difficulty to "Hard"
If we can't have that, it will be much too easy to pull this of even on your own. 

So, mths, Ar7ific1al, Avoxsas or kawohi, what are the odds of getting this together?

F

Finaoir

Cyromancer
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United States
  • F

Finaoir

Hmm... Sounds like a pleasant challenge i'm intrested in this.
Edit: I may or may not be in the event depending if I can show up.

Nayxerr

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
  • Nayxerr

Nayxerr

It wouldn't be much work to change difficulty to hard. But I'm just thinking that maybe if people like the difficulty we could maybe stay with it. I like the idea and I will add it to the Event list. I just wanted to check what everyone else thought.

Now the questions are when and who :)

M

mudsplash325

Crafter
Dec 19, 2013
Down South
  • M

mudsplash325

I think we will have a decent amount of people. If everyone's schedule allows, probably around 15. The hard thing will be getting the best time.