misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Hi Crafters,

As most of you probably know, we're pretty much misusing the term "Donations". Most players are paying for ranks and other items and that isn't what a donation means.

To fix this problem, we're changing what we'd call "donations" to "supporting".  Here are the terms being replaced:

• "I think I'll donate soon" to "I think I'll buy/purchase a rank soon"
  • "I want to donate to the server" to "I want to support the server"
  • "I am a donator" to "I am a supporter".
  • "Donate" to "Buy" or "Support".
We'll also be replacing the contributor badge on the forums (As it has the same meaning as Donator) to "Supporter". But we'll be using the Contributor badge to people who actually donate - those who didn't donate to get something in return. Avox, Jag, Arj and Priceys would get these badges for example.

Remember, you're not donating for items, you're buying items to help support the server. 

Price increase for packages.
Don't worry, we're not bumping the packages to $100 and more, like most other servers. Our goal here is to be affordable, at the same time allow us to grow into something better.

We really want to do more with our servers. We want to have more servers like Skyblock and a PVP server and increase the ram on our current servers so we can do more, but currently we can't really do that because donations are really on the mark. We have just enough to pay for the current server now and for a few months in advanced. We can't however, pay for a more expensive server and pay for that server months in advanced (It's not all about just upgrading. We have to make sure we can pay for months ahead as well). We're trying to be smart here.

Note, when I'm using "server" here, I mean a dedicated machine that holds all of our servers, just like a box. :)

To help with this goal of getting a bigger server box, with better specs so we can do more, we're increasing the prices on our main server ranks just a bit. Here is the updated packages with the prices.

• Champ - 7.99
  • Gold - 20.99
  • Diamond - 30.99
As you can see, Champ went up by a dollar and Gold increased by $5. We hope this will help us do more with the servers in the future.

We'll finish the changes of replacing the term "donations" and upping the price of our packages by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you!

T

Tazboi

Woops...

Edit: Supports OP

Priceys

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Seems good!

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Marshal_Blades said:
So what about Royal it stays the way it is? I assume, unless I missed it somewhere in the text?
Yeah pretty much stays the same.

Ileel

Don't be afraid, I'm not that mean
CB Admin
Supporter
Jan 2, 2014
Florida
I'm a supporter, and I'm proud of it!

Gen_Itchigo

Crafter
Mar 23, 2014
Perrysville pittsburgh Pa U.S.A
I think royal should be 60 $$ its fair in my book because in order to have royalty you have to pay with royalty it wold help "support" the server and would keep royal people that are trolls down

ojoman2001

ojoman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
www.com
agentdoyle22and2 said:
I think royal should be 60 $$ its fair in my book because in order to have royalty you have to pay with royalty it wold help "support" the server and would keep royal people that are trolls down
there are no royal trolls. To get Diamond you need to be quit an old player and older still for royal :p

Gen_Itchigo

Crafter
Mar 23, 2014
ojoman2001 said:
agentdoyle22and2 said:
there are no royal trolls. To get Diamond you need to be quit an old player and older still for royal :p
I understand this im just saying there are peeps like that everywhere

T

Tazboi

agentdoyle22and2 said:
ojoman2001 said:
agentdoyle22and2 said:
I understand this im just saying there are peeps like that everywhere
So true... so, so, so, so, SO true.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
adam_graham said:
May have over looked it, but do people who have already "Supported" have to pay the differnce?
No, you won't. We aren't going to let players sign up for something, then implement changes and force you to pay up or suffer because we say so.

Unlike certain companies...

This will only apply to people purchasing ranks from now on, so people are aware of the slightly higher prices and have the option to accept them if they wish.

T

Tazboi

There was a skype discussion posted to pastebin about this: http://pastebin.com/h1Q4ZUX6

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Tazboi said:
There was a skype discussion posted to pastebin about this: http://pastebin.com/h1Q4ZUX6
Admins are currently discussion the situation. But the link they're talking about it far below us - donate to unban? Now that is one server that shouldn't exist. Ridunkulous. 

Gen_Itchigo

Crafter
Mar 23, 2014
kawohi said:
Tazboi said:
Admins are currently discussion the situation. But the link they're talking about it far below us - donate to unban? Now that is one server that shouldn't exist. Ridunkulous. 
agreed

T

Tazboi

kawohi said:
Tazboi said:
They also discussed how Grum released some mineplex plugins and said they could sue mineplex? Idk.

Also about that "donating" for unban... *glances at Shotbow*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)