[Ch. 1] Adhæsit in vicissim

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
The Journal of Potentia Sapientia 
Date: 12/25/12557890
We were fought in Earthen history class that today was the day that the monotheistic faction "Christians" celebrated the ancient holiday "Christmas" and they received presents and candy. That was back right before the Vicissim. During the Vicissim, everything went in reverse. We lost resources more rapidly then we could dream of, the continental drift rate increased by 2%, and we lost all of our technology because of the Purifico, when the anarchists destroyed more then we could ever have dreamed of. Due to the lack of natural resources, however, we could not rebuild. The world is now in a complete state of anarchy. Our best weapons are swords, bows, and if we get really lucky, a pistol. My dad has one pistol, a .50 caliber Desert Eagle. He says he'll only use it when him or his kids are in imminent danger. My sister Callidus has a Ka-Bar knife, a very, very, very old weapon. People were said to have used it even before the 2050's, when the Vicissim started. It was said that back then, anarchists were a small threat and pieces of the world were separated by oceans. (Author's note: If you don't see what I'm trying to say here, it's that the continents formed back in to Pangea.) Every day, we have to be cautious as to what we do. We never know what'll happen next so we always stay armed and stay on our toes. I always keep a sword and sheath on my belt. This is normal, as it is what most people do. The Anarchists are against schooling, so we have to have an underground schooling system. Every week, we have a new code for entrance. This week it goes a little like:
Principal- "Loscho's pizza, would you like to order our new special with anchovies?"
Student- "No, I'm just passing by on my way to Rome."
Principal- "Do you have the time?"
Student- "No, my PS is broken." (PSs are portable sundials, as we lost all resources to create any more watches.)
Principal- "Must be the heat."
Student- "Actually I just went trekking in the North."
Then you get let in. It may seem like a lot to remember, but when your education is at stake, you'll do anything. Everyone can fight, but not everyone can fight wisely.
The Anarchists are very radical, so they work hard to enforce their beliefs. We aren't allowed to go to any places of worshipping, we aren't allowed to eat anything sweet, and we aren't allowed to follow any other form of government. Those, along with the law to not go to school, are the only laws and all punishable by death. They seemed to have a perfect plan, eradicate all competition by wiping out their brain power, take any sugar out of their lives, so they can use the drug to their advantage only, and keep them as the one and only government, so people kill each other and don’t have enough power to rebel, but they forgot one thing. We are humans, we were born from rebellions.

Terminator_T800

Hitman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Germany
It's a great story but the one thing that bugs me is the year. In 500 years everything now will have completely changed. And in 1 million years just seems unrealistic to think of. And one more thing, the strange words you use just make it confusing

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
_ZOMBIE_PIGMAN said:
It's a great story but the one thing that bugs me is the year. In 500 years everything now will have completely changed. And in 1 million years just seems unrealistic to think of. And one more thing, the strange words you use just make it confusing
They're Latin. Almost like a hidden meaning, so you can know what it's about. "Adhæsit in vicissim" is "Stuck in reverse" and "Vicissim" is reverse. "Purifico" is purification/purge. I'm assuming you know what the rest means and I'll leave it to you to look up the names.
Also, the continents wouldn't reform into Pangea in 500 years, so there's that... :/ I know this is kind of a difficult thing to understand, maybe I should scrap it.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
Wouldnt Continental drifts force valuable materials to the surface and create new volcanoes, or am i not getting why the resources disappired?

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Chiplover2 said:
I have to agree with ZP on the date... It just looks like you slammed the keyboard :L.
Looks good! Hope to see more from you in the future :).
Do you read Rick Riordan, by any chance? X3
Huge Riordan fan!
Haha I will try to make less insane words/times next time :p

Kazza197 said:
Wouldnt Continental drifts force valuable materials to the surface and create new volcanoes, or am i not getting why the resources disappired?
Well in theory, yes. For the sake of the plot, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)