Bumping Posts

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
I'm sure you have all noticed people "bumping" their posts to the the top. Mainly applications to aqquire more vouches.

I propose that a post from the creator of the thread - in certain subforums - does not "bump" the post, if possible.

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
I dont mind bumps, say once every few weeks. Its the "omg no one posted on my app in 2 days id better bump it!!!" Kinda thing that annoys me.

Nayxerr

mths? I'm Nayxerr now!
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Some people are bumping applications for Choco too. I always check the applications on weekends and when I see a thread with like 2 or 3 bumps it is a bit annoying and useless since not many people are actually applying to choco :p

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
They bump to get on the "View Today's Posts" search shortcut. Not to move up 3 posts in the whitelist application forum. :p

I agree that it is annoying with the application bumps, but is there really a good way to restrict it?

We could put up a rule against it, but it would be hilariously easy to get around by making a "comment" or "addition" on the thread.

We could ask Avoxsas to comment on all the not-yet-approved applications on Fridays while she goes through them. But it would probably be a huge pain to "motivate" why she doesn't promote someone every week.

We could (probably) redefine the "View Today's Posts" to not include applications and thereby remove the very reason for people to bump. That would probably just increase the PM's in-game saying "hey, could you check out my ********** application please?". I don't know what's worse.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
Top Poster Of Month
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
IshrkI said:
They bump to get on the "View Today's Posts" search shortcut. Not to move up 3 posts in the whitelist application forum. :p

I agree that it is annoying with the application bumps, but is there really a good way to restrict it?

We could put up a rule against it, but it would be hilariously easy to get around by making a "comment" or "addition" on the thread.

We could ask Avoxsas to comment on all the not-yet-approved applications on Fridays while she goes through them. But it would probably be a huge pain to "motivate" why she doesn't promote someone every week.

We could (probably) redefine the "View Today's Posts" to not include applications and thereby remove the very reason for people to bump. That would probably just increase the PM's in-game saying "hey, could you check out my ********** application please?". I don't know what's worse.
I usually just delete "bump" posts and reply to the thread "Hi, please don't bump the thread. Let replies come naturally".

There should be a thread for posting etiquette though, in the wiki. Need to get around to doing that. 

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
ehh i was re- doing the vouch wiki and about to mention about bumping post. I had to do a little search for the info as I remember this being brought up. I will quote Kawohi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Minecraft Server List