1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Build Competition #12: Vote for your Winner!

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Build Competition' started by Ileel, Sep 15, 2017.

?

Who is your winner?

1. sp4ks87

2. D4rkPr1nc3ss

3. PrinceIan

4. CreationDream

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ileel

Ileel Don't be afraid, I'm not that mean
    CB Admin Supporter

Build Competition #12: Disney Submissions!​

sp4rks87 Toy Story Submission

[​IMG]

Submission: I decided to do Toy story as my build as the day before the WBC started was my 2 year old sons Birthday. Toy story is his favourite film to watch on DVD ("daddy woody on" he says to me almost every day lol). As you can see i don't really know what to say for a description as if you haven't seen toy story What was your childhood bro? But, the scene is Andy's room with his pictures of the toys on the wall, with woody and buzz standing tall in front of the toy box.
    Check out their post for more!

D4rkPr1nc3ss Beauty and the Beast

[​IMG]

Submission: Mrs Potts, Chip, Lumiere and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast
    Check out their post here for more!

PrinceIans Disney Crossover

[​IMG]

Submission: This is my build on WBC for the 1st time. I tried my best to make this crossover build. This is The Wizard of Oz + Alice in the Wonderland build, The yellow brick road and Farm (With The No Brain Scarecrow) is of course in the Wizard Of Oz and Mushrooms, DeadTrees and Flowers are mostly in Alice in the WonderLand. There is a possibility i will win this but with the small plot I think i have a low chance but anyways if you vouch thank you for vouching ^_^ I appreciate it Check out their post here for more!

CreationDream's Cinderella Castle

[​IMG]

Submission: For this week's theme, I made a build based of the 1950's (may be wrong about that year lol) Disney movie, Cinderella. I used to watch it a lot as a kid so I figured this would be appropriate. The first few pictures are just general overlooks of the build, the fourth is a close-up of the castle (which I would've loved to add an interior to but I procrastinated a lot -3-), the fifth is Cinderella's house with the mom's willow tree in the back (and does have an interior) and the last is on the bridge, looking at the clock tower. Hope you enjoy! Check out their post here for more!

I apologize for the wait guys, just got hit by Hurricane Irma this past weekend.

2. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Wow, so many great builds this time! Keep it up guys!

PrinceIan likes this.
  3. sp4rks87

sp4rks87 Never done a small build! ;)
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    I would just like to say my 2 cents here on the WBC and how it is run. I dont say this as a sore loser(creation currently leading the votes), or in any way being childish on the subject. I (a respected member of the server) feel that it is unfair that the most previous winner is allowed to enter the competion. If creationdream wins this week whats to stop them winning next time, and the next ,etc. I openly admit that the build is incredible, GJ creation, i just wonder if it is going to put people off of entering the comp if they feel that they don't stand a chance, with the same person winning each time. I know its a comp of build quality, I get that but against someone of the calibre of creationdream what hope do most, including myself, have.

#3 sp4rks87, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  4. PrinceIan

PrinceIan Member
    Crafter

I agree, The fact that he allready won means he's great at building and greater than us so making it that he's in the WBC again he has a large chance of winning, Give chance to others like us and make it a fair match. I hope someone elses win other than Creations but anyways. GoodLuck, HaveFun and Build on!

sp4rks87 likes this.
  5. CreationDreams

CreationDreams New Member
    Crafter

I'd like to counter sparks & Ian's points, I think previous winners should still be able to enter wbc.
    "...feel that it is unfair for the most previous winner to enter the competition." I don't really see how this would be unfair. I think I could understand if you said winning the next comp., but I think entering is a little too far. Unless someone has done something wrong that would justify not having permission to enter, (like griefing or something) shouldn't anyone be able to enter? If you mean I would get an unfair advantage in a comp. for winning the last, I don't. The previous comp. doesn't affect the new one in any way, so I don't see why the winner should matter.
    "...if they win...What's to stop them from winning the next..." a better build, that will stop me from winning. Again, a previous comp. doesn't affect a current one.
    "I openly admit the build is incredible, Gj creation..." thanks :D
    "...will put people off...feel they won't stand a chance..." I think this is the best part of your argument. However, if I saw someone constantly winning a competition, I'd try even harder just to beat them, but that's just me. I know I can't speak for everybody when I say that, but you can't say that everyone will be put off either. It goes both ways.
    "...he allready..." she* ;P
    "...means he's great at building and better than us..." if I shouldn't enter because people already know I'm good at building, then shouldn't designers, architects, and people with building ranks should be banned too? (I use banned but I think that's kind of strong and I can't think of a better word).
    "...he has a large chance of winning..." no, I don't. If I were to turn in a bad build, I wouldn't get extra votes because I won previous comps. The only thing that would actually improve my chances would be if less builds were submitted. For instance, if only me and one other person entered, I'd have a 50% chance of winning, as opposed to 9 other people entering, then I'd have a 10% of winning.
    "Give chance to others like us to win..." give yourself a chance to win by entering. ( general you, not specifically you Ian, I know you entered lol). If you want to win, build something great (not trying to sound like I'm saying your build is bad). The WBC is a measure of ability. I shouldn't lose just because I've won before.

TL;DR I don't gain any advantages by winning a comp. Previous comps. don't affect current ones, and neither do the winners.
    I have to still spend time working on my build just like everyone else, I'm not different just because I've won a comp. before.

(I hope this didn't come off snarky or rude, I'm hoping you understand how hard it can be to give the right tone in text over the internet)

6. Bradley

Bradley Intentional
    Supporter Crafter

I agree with this, dedicated builders should try their best to out do the "most likely to win" build, and try to impress the voters more and more each time(if they don't win). If we don't let good builders compete it wouldn't be much of a challenge for others.

EbeeGirl and CreationDreams like this.
  7. Techno

Techno That creepy guy in the corner
    Supporter Crafter

You know how they put the head for each winner in the entrance hall in the main spawn building? I'm imagining a hall full of CreationDreams' heads. Kinda like the Governor's victims' heads placed in tanks in the Walking Dead, except less gruesome and more blocky... And there's no psychopath looking at them for his own amusement... Except maybe me.

Here's a thing [DISCLAIMER: AMC's The Walking Dead Seasons 1-4 Spoilers...ish...] Yeah, like people still watch that show... The graphic novels are good though.

8. PrinceIan

PrinceIan Member
    Crafter

Hmmm, Well i guess u have a point but the problem was i couldnt build more better as i dint have enough space to build :p, Having a small plot vs a huge plot would decrease our winning rate. So pretty much Ileel get to work and build like more Large Plots for us to build

9. FuehrerShep

FuehrerShep annnnd i want to die
    Crafter

I did a competition, it was CreationDream's first competition. It was a me versus her, and she won. If I got the chance to 1v1 her again, I'd totally take it. I also feel that if someone is constantly winning, I'm gonna step up my game and build the best build or play my best. It's not really a reason to quit unless they have won like 30 straight times. So people who have won the previous build comp should still be able to participate again.

EbeeGirl likes this.
  10. EbeeGirl

EbeeGirl The Banner Queen
    Crafter

Projects:
    I'd like to add my two cents...

Bigger isn't always better.

There are my two cents. Everyone else has already explained my dollar.

CreationDreams likes this.
  11. PrinceIan

PrinceIan Member
    Crafter

Well ebee Sometimes they do, And sometimes u gotta beat them with something big as well.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

• About CraftBlock!

CraftBlock is a Minecraft community and server network, with unique and fun servers with a collection of the best plugins available. The CraftBlock network offers Survival, Vanilla and PvP servers, along with an amazing community and highly active and friendly staff members. Here you not only have fun, you get the best friends imaginable!
    play.craftblock.me to play!
  • Have more fun!

• Support us!

Thank you to everyone who has supported CraftBlock!