Ban Appeal SONOFSLENDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

SONOFSLENDER

Crafter
Apr 23, 2014
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Minecraft Username: SONOFSLENDER[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Your Ban report link: 
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-3240.html[/font]
. (Sun edited link to work)
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Server banned from: craftblock[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Reason of ban: griefing all of SlyGuy31[/font]'s glowstone
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Who banned you?: SlyGuy31[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Why should you be unbanned?: This griefing happened on my first day on this server and since then, I have done so much. I had spent about 100 hours on craftblock since the griefing and before I got banned for it. I love this server and am a citizen now. I have completely changed since my first day and something like this would never happen again. I will compensate in any way I can for the damages I did with glowstone or diamonds or enchanted tools or anything else you need as I have collected lots and lots of resources in my time on this server. I am very sorry for griefing you SlyGuy31 and I understand that I should be punished but I think a permanent ban is a bit harsh considering how much time I have spent on this server and since the issue could easily be fixed by replacing the glowstone I stole and giving you some free items for the trouble I caused and time wasted. I have a slime farm and mob trap which I can let you use if it helps you at all. Again, I am very sorry and this will never happen again.[/font]

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Being as these are thirty four days old I don't think a Perm ban was necessary.
I vouch for an Unban, a few more vouches and I'll unban.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
i'll vouch ^^
yeah if it was a very old greif and you learned before then, then you should be unbanned, good luck!

Babfish

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Somewhere over the Rainbow
This one of the few times I vouch, because I find it very weird to get a perma ban for an old grief.

It was so old that it took days to find out, so that means Sly doesn't go there very often. (This what I understand of it)

Vouch

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
287 blocks is more then worth a permanent ban regardless of the time spent on cb. Rule number one, No griefing! Period. Whose to say your 100 hours spent on cb was used to grief other players who haven't yet been found???

Yes many reports have been made against players with old grief.

I don't question owners decision on the number of blocks grieffed for a ban if it is within the range we mods have been expected to follow, as I think it's very reasonable. They own this server, they make the rules. All players including myself either play by their rules, or don't play at all.

I don't feel the bans harsh at all. But that said.....

Reading your appeal, you show A Willingness to right the wrong, restitution which is a good act and a point to take into consideration.
You show humility through your apology, And an attitude to not repeat the wrong, as said in your last words.

I think there is possible hopes for your future on cb.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
 @_SunDust_ Honestly, with a grief more than a month old chances are that it was either unnoticed or next t enough of a bother to report. Either the owner was gone, lazy, or uncaring. So, a permanent ban doesn't fit for the punishment in this situation, at least in my opinion.

R3ali1ty

Crafter
Jan 2, 2014
Arctic Biome
I was traveling around looking for griefs and spotted it. It seemed like it was there for a long time. Dunno why it was unnoticed because it was right next to the town of NJSE.

P.S. I was the one who reported the grief.

MrMcOink

Crafter
Mar 14, 2014
Northeastern US
crackers1097 said:
 @_SunDust_ Honestly, with a grief more than a month old chances are that it was either unnoticed or next t enough of a bother to report. Either the owner was gone, lazy, or uncaring. So, a permanent ban doesn't fit for the punishment in this situation, at least in my opinion.
Why not? A grief is a grief. What your saying implys that because you may be done with a build or not living a house anymore that it is okay to grief. Just because a grief isn't noticed right away doesn't mean an owner is "gone, lazy or uncaring" it simply means they are not currently working on that project. Old/finished builds still have as much value as something started today. 

TL;DR
So shortly no vouch. You griefed and I personally think the punishment fits the crime. 

Also all builds all important not matter how big, how small or how important anyone considers them to be. 

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
MrMcOink said:
crackers1097 said:
Why not? A grief is a grief. What your saying implys that because you may be done with a build or not living a house anymore that it is okay to grief. Just because a grief isn't noticed right away doesn't mean an owner is "gone, lazy or uncaring" it simply means they are not currently working on that project. Old/finished builds still have as much value as something started today. 
You are wrong on every level in this comment. A grief is never just a grief. There are dozens of factors to determine a ban. First off, what kind of blocks where broke at what situation? If someone leaves a pile of diamond blocks in the open, for example, we made placing such blocks against the rules due to the grief bait. Typically, diamond breakers aren't banned. What has this player done for the server? How long has he been a member, and how old is this grief?
Now let's look at the case with SONOFSLENDER
The grief was glowstone, and glowstone is allowed. Ignored.
What has this player done for our server? He's been active for over a month, interacted with players, and built many structures. There's strike one.
How old is the grief? I'm not going to repeat myself on this one. Strike two.
So maybe a Permanent Ban was considered. Even so, this appeal is the exact right thing to do, and it's obvious he wants to be a member of this community.
We aren't a restrictive or judging community, MrOink. This is a server of second chances, and a permanent ban does not allow that. We don't need anyone to try to remove as many players from our community as possible, as you seem to have considering recent Ban Reports. We don't need cynicism either.
Player is unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)