Ban Appeal: Calamist

Status
Not open for further replies.

calamist`

Crafter
Jun 27, 2014
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Minecraft Username: Calamist[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Your Ban report link: [/font]. http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-4281.html
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Server banned from:Craftblock.me[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Reason of ban:Griefing[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Who banned you?:[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Omega_Shenron[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Why should you be unbanned?:[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]On June 27, 2014 at around 10:00 p.m I was banned from craftblock.me server. I was in a skype call with the town mayor, leeroy_7enkins, and he told me to take down a house that was left to rot by previous residents of the town. Those town residents being lozzabubbles (who was also banned for an unknown reason,) and Sasher. Their home was incomplete, and the space they built on could have been used for other things. When I started to take down the house, I was told by one of the moderators to stop "griefing." I tried to argue, saying that the house was vacated, and that it was part Raven Port town property. The Moderator argued back saying "griefing is griefing." Which my friends, other people on the server, and myself think is complete ludicrous. I believe that it was unjust that I was banned straight away. The moderator did not give me any chance to argue my case. In short, I was banned for a questionable reason, without legitimate[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]reason. Thank you for reading my appeal, and I hope you can see my point of view on this situation. [/font][/font]

Edit link to work - sun

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Done, you're unbanned. Make sure to read /rules again. Griefing is griefing! If you really want to remove someones stuff, ask for permissions on the forum!

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
kawohi said:
Done, you're unbanned. Make sure to read /rules again. Griefing is griefing! If you really want to remove someones stuff, ask for permissions on the forum!
Just another point that's been missed.
Leeroy town mayor instigated this.

As town mayor - he has the attitude that once a player joins his town that what ever build they make he has rights and ownership of to do as he pleases.

Don't kill the messenger comes to mind about calamity.  Meaning calamity did what he was asked to do by a town mayor who runs his town like that.  

Calamity is unbanned, good.  
Leeroy to some point needs to be given a word to as well. So this situation does not happen again.

Unless......

If he was a clever town mayor. 

He would seek permission from his "new-resident-to-be" before inviting him:
Allowing the mayor permission to remove their build if 
- it is incomplete within a time frame.
- the player decides to leave the town and belongings
- the player has not returned after a certain amount of time.
Or whatever other problems mayors face from players builds.

As mayor he would screenshot the agreement, so he has proof should staff accuse him of griefing.
 He could show that he acquired permission at the time they joined his town.

IshrkI

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Or, if he was an even smarter mayor, he can just state these rules on the town board and make sure all new residents are reading them before starting on their houses.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
IshrkI said:
Or, if he was an even smarter mayor, he can just state these rules on the town board and make sure all new residents are reading them before starting on their houses.
Exactly, I missed that part out on their rule board. It would save a lot of problems for 99% of the mayors we have on the server.

Destroying would be justified with no argument.

I'd say the hardest part would be 
- getting the player to understand this,
- then having them agree.  
- and whether many players even have the patience to go through this process.  

Moral of the story:
Put the hard yards in at the start and enjoy the rewards of your labour afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)