Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I haven't heard of ASMR, no tingles

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
The question is: Do any of you fellows know what Auto[nomous] Stimulated Meridian Response is? It's a tingle that you feel in the back of your head as a response to certain stimuli. I'll put a sample video here, but keep in mind, some of you may trigger off of different things, and some of you may not trigger at all. After watching/listening to some of the video, please answer one of the questions above (Unless you already understand the phenomena). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90vPIxelUY

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
When people draw on me or brush my hair. :D xD

Edit: Isn't it autonomous sensory meridian response?

Second edit: I voted on the poll because I get tingles from other things. Haven't watched the video but sound doesn't tend to cause 'em. :p

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Her voice is one for me...

I also get asmr from people rubbing their hands on carpet and from rubbing of paper between fingers. Basically any form of rubbing something triggers it for me.

Ben4900

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I watched the video and got no tingles, but after some research I figured out what it is no depth.

Mine is when someone strokes my hair, holds my hand(not my parents, others), and smelling perfume.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Someone scratching their fingernails on one of them 3d looking surfaces, you know, the ones that give you the illusion of a moving picture?

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Ben4900 said:
I watched the video and got no tingles, but after some research I figured out what it is no depth.

Mine is when someone strokes my hair, holds my hand(not my parents, others), and smelling perfume.
ASMR only relates to sounds. The excited tingling sensation you get there is an endorphin rush.

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
crackers1097 said:
Ben4900 said:

ASMR only relates to sounds. The excited tingling sensation you get there is an endorphin rush.
Sorry but wiki states otherwise; "in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli."

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
Sorry crackers, don't mean to be elephant dancing on your parade. :squid

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
That's alright, I always thought it was based off sound. You learn something new every day, right?

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
That is very strange, I never knew it had an actual name. I have never experienced that kind of tingly feeling as described in the video and by other people. For example when someone is rubbing a balloon or making the "nails on chalkboard sound", everyone in the room seems to shudder and I just usually sit there giving people weird looks. Always have been perplexed as to what you guys are feeling when this happens.
"Oh wow stop it! I hate that noise!"
"What noise...?"

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Sounds to me like you've got minor hearing damage. Is it hard to judge distance or location based on sound? If so, you might want to see an Otolaryngologist.

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
crackers1097 said:
Sounds to me like you've got minor hearing damage. Is it hard to judge distance or location based on sound? If so, you might want to see an O[font=arial, sans-serif]tolaryngologist.[/font]
It's not like I can't hear the noise, it just doesn't bother me. I don't feel the "tingly" feeling everyone talks about. I hear the squeaky sound, but I never feel the tingles.

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I get an ASMR when someone gets really close to the side of my head and their mouth is. Open or chomping. Thats all i know of

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
I think nails on a chalkboard is a different sensation. ASMR is generally pleasant or relaxing. Most people find nails on a chalkboard unpleasant.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I don't know if its the right thing, but i think i get it when i touch cotton balls, or that kind of fabric that makes me shiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)