American Adventures

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
As you may know, I have ventured across the wide ocean to visit Ar7 in the land of Texas, America. I shall be posting my thoughts and learnings here, for "teh lulz." :p

I had a 9 hour flight from Heathrow, London to Dallas/FW Texas at 12pm. I enjoyed most of the flight; the in-flight movies/TV shows were good. I watched Divergent, Anchorman 2, a few episodes of American Dad and Adventure Time. I then barfed as we were landing. When I was not allowed to leave my seat. Thank Talos for my preparation and bunch of plastic bags to hand. \o/

That actually worked to my advantage; sitting on the plane floor shaking meant I got wheelchaired through all of Dallas airport to my connecting flight gate. Through customs, check-in, bag drop, security and to my gate in 20 minutes. Not bad - I would advise anyone to puke in order to receive this A+ service.

My connecting flight to Ar7ville was less interesting. I sat in the wrong seat by accident - I blame the fact that it was 3am UK time at this point - and was by this dude eating a horrendously stinky sandwich. The lone flight attendant was bitching at everyone in the wrong seats; when she heard my smooth English voice, her demeanour changed markedly. I then ended up next to a woman who muttered "madre de dios" throughout take-off.

My first taste of Texan weather was in Ar7ville and it is HOT AS BALLS. My pale English skin promptly shrivelled up and died. Also my lungs. This was at 11pm at night, Ar7ville time. 11pm. Night. Still flopping-on-the-floor-gasping hot.

Since then I have visited several American places, such as Ar7's man cave, Ar7's kitchen, Ar7's spare bedroom, and the outside of Ar7's house.

I have also been to H-E-B (which I like to pronounce as heb to be awkward) and Walmart.

I have consumed multiple hot pockets, which are delicious. I have also consumed:

• Finely crafted bacon, cheese and chicken burger courtesy of Ar7's skilled hands.
  • Finely crafted cheese and jalapeño burger, also courtesy of Ar7.
  • 1.5 enormous hoagies, created by Ar7's mom.
  • Half of a 38oz bag of peanut butter m&ms (amg I would live off these if I could so good mmm).
  • Rainbow twizzlers.
  • Red velvet cake and that ice cream what has three flavours.
  • Mountain dew baja blast.
  • Other assorted foods too numerous to name. I'm sure Ar7 will remind me of any other important ones I forgot.
Verdict so far: I like this country. It has Ar7, cheap food, peanut butter and watermelon flavoured EVERYTHING, non-rainy weather and wild parrots.

10/10 would barf and fly here again.

Prudence

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
What Kind of Question Is This?
Isn't Texas weather just the best!? You haven't witnessed the best parts it will be blazing hot. Rain for 5 seconds and stop suddenly only to be hot some more! :D It's simply the best. I'm glad you liked it here in Tejas, I myself am proud of being here it is a great place with "Most" Great people.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
The best part is it's been raining semi-constantly where I live xD and i'm only like 3 states over x.x
Have fun and enjoy your time in the states douh, no mater how firey c:

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
Come to New England sometime... It's not as hot, it has about the same amount of food (but not as big as Texas food X3) and it's closer! :D My family also finds enjoyment in British people, so that'd be a plus :p.

They call it New "England" for a reason... You're going to love it ;).

MissOlive

Crafter
Jul 7, 2014
Most of my family lives in Texas so I know how you mean about the weather! One time I visited in March and for one whole afternoon it was CHILLY! 

I loved reading this though keep it going!

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
MissOlive said:
Most of my family lives in Texas so I know how you mean about the weather! One time I visited in March and for one whole afternoon it was CHILLY! 

I loved reading this though keep it going!
The region makes a HUGE difference, though, if not all the difference. We're pretty much in the buttcrack of Texas, almost as far south as you can go without leaving the country. Roughly 10-20 miles from Mexico, really. The biggest city south of here (and still in this country) is Brownsville. lol

So in March here, it's already warming up into the 80s. x_x I don't like the heat... My parents do. :/ We used to live in North Carolina. I can't say I don't miss the snow, but I also can't say I do miss it. It's kind of a love-hate relationship between snow and I. I love it, but at the same time I hate it. I miss the cold more than the snow.

To be perfectly honest, if there was a place on this planet that was 50 to 70 degrees all year, it would be my own personal heaven. Not too hot, not too cold... Cold enough for a bit of winter clothing, but not so cold that I'd need three layers of clothes. Warm enough that I could dress comfortably without being hot or cold, but not so warm that I'd feel the need to take a shower immediately after stepping outside for a mere five seconds due to becoming drenched in sweat. lol

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I wouldnt survive 1 second in the heat. Considering my country is 18 degrees Celsius on a good day, and I still get sunburnt.

T

Tazboi

South Arizona < Texas.

But really, pools are your best friends in hot weather. :)

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I hate Chicago weather. I mean, I remember it was snowing sometime in April!!! That's not Chicago's fault though.

Glad you enjoyed 'Merica Avo!

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
@_ZOMBIE_PIGMAN Actually, in 1875 it got to 33.2 degrees celcius.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
xInZaxx said:
I hate Chicago weather. I mean, I remember it was snowing sometime in April!!! That's not Chicago's fault though.

Glad you enjoyed 'Merica Avo!
Pshh my uncle was born in May-June and it snowed the day he was born, and utah is normally starting to hit 80 degree days by April x.x And yet somehow we're a desert.

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
Avoxsas said:
Not necessarily in that order, I assume.

Ar7ific1al said:
To be perfectly honest, if there was a place on this planet that was 50 to 70 degrees all year, it would be my own personal heaven.
I think they call that California. San Francisco has very mild weather. I should know, I lived there for 10 years.

Also, obligatory immature post:

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
San Diego was amazing. It was literally perfect weather every day, all day. My fiance and I went there to visit a buddy of mine. She runs a lot and does a bunch of triathlons, and she claims the weather was perfect for running at any time. I don't find running enjoyable, so I can't comment on that :)

I do like to bike though! It was great weather for biking! And we got to see the Panda Family! Fun times.

ElementWrath

Crafter
May 13, 2014
xInZaxx said:
San Diego was amazing. It was literally perfect weather every day, all day. My fiance and I went there to visit a buddy of mine. She runs a lot and does a bunch of triathlons, and she claims the weather was perfect for running at any time. I don't find running enjoyable, so I can't comment on that :)

I do like to bike though! It was great weather for biking! And we got to see the Panda Family! Fun times.
F**k yeah, biking!

FragrantApple

Tbone
Crafter
Jan 4, 2014
Somewhere in Illinois
I remember how bad Illinois was 2 years ago, well at least in my part. There was a huge blizzard the cut the power off of a couple towns and it was creepy because it was on the day the world was supposed to end. 12/21/12

MissOlive

Crafter
Jul 7, 2014
Ar7ific1al said:
To be perfectly honest, if there was a place on this planet that was 50 to 70 degrees all year, it would be my own personal heaven. Not too hot, not too cold... Cold enough for a bit of winter clothing, but not so cold that I'd need three layers of clothes. Warm enough that I could dress comfortably without being hot or cold, but not so warm that I'd feel the need to take a shower immediately after stepping outside for a mere five seconds due to becoming drenched in sweat. lol
I couldn't agree more! I live in the North so I get a taste of all four seasons which I should really appreciate more than I do, however, what ever season it is I complain about it and whatever season it's not I yearn for.

When it's winter and snowing I curse the snow and would rather sit in the boiling sun. Then summer finally comes along and I complain when it's so hot that I burn myself on the steering wheel of my black car with black interior.

I considered moving to North Carolina this year actually with my sister but I'd have to leave my job and my house and that didn't seem worth it (Although I've heard it's quite lovely there other than snakes).

There really does need to be a place with perfect temperatures all the time. Like 60-65. I think 65 is fair. Then I can wear sweaters every day.

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
Avoxsas said:
that ice cream what has three flavours.
Neopolitan :p Glad to see you had fun Avoxsas, why don't nobody come visit me? I don't bite... normally XD

Avoxsas

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
ElementWrath said:
Avoxsas said:
Not necessarily in that order, I assume.
Yes in that order. I puke when I'm nervous too. :d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)