Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiTroll_Bane

Crafter
Apr 26, 2014
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Player Name: AntiTroll_Bane[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Current Rank: Diamond[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]How long have you been on CraftBlock?: 1 month[/font]
[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Why should we trust you with Ambassador?: I would like to help people, because I have nothing better to do then build. So i was like hey why not go up in rank and try to help people.[/font]

[font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]Other Information:I dont mind helping people as long as there polite. I can get on all the other servers if you need me to send a message to someone or tell them to quit doing what there doing.[/font]

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
I feel as the application is a little short. Look at some of the other ambassadors application, also, one month seems kinda short to be applying for ambassador, some people have waited 3-6 months to become an ambassador.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
1 month isn't very long to be on CraftBlock. I'd wait a little longer before applying for Ambas.

michaelsurfs

Crafter
Dec 21, 2013
One month is a very short time to apply for this power. Maybe wait a bit longer, and also, staff should be able to talk to and situate with people who are not being nice or polite, thats why we have staff.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Hmm ...
Just commenting on a comment you made,
"So I thought hey why not go up in rank and try to help people"

:) very ambitious.

Thing is... Going up in rank is not a necessity to help people. If you desired to help people, you'd do It regardless of what rank you held, be it a blockling or ambassador.

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
_SunDust_ said:
Thing is... Going up in rank is not a necessity to help people. If you desired to help people, you'd do It regardless of what rank you held, be it a blockling or ambassador.
I know the feeling though. I felt this EXACT way when I applied for Ambassador. I tried to help anyone and everyone that needs it, but they'd much rather have someone a position of power help them. I was a diamond, and when I asked if anyone needed help they'd say nothing. Then when an Ambassador/Mod/Owner got on they'd be all over them for help. It still is that way with me as an Ambassador. They just don't like us "powerless" players helping them, an would much rather have someone with some kind of attention-snaring colored text with a vibrant name, like a Mod/Owner.

Chiplover2

Deadbeat o3o
Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
your local bag of chips (so much air in here!)
thags2000 said:
_SunDust_ said:
I know the feeling though. I felt this EXACT way when I applied for Ambassador. I tried to help anyone and everyone that needs it, but they'd much rather have someone a position of power help them. I was a diamond, and when I asked if anyone needed help they'd say nothing. Then when an Ambassador/Mod/Owner got on they'd be all over them for help. It still is that way with me as an Ambassador. They just don't like us "powerless" players helping them, an would much rather have someone with some kind of attention-snaring colored text with a vibrant name, like a Mod/Owner.
It's not the colored name they look for, it's the trust in the player that's presented by these flashing lights. Their position of power dictates that they're able to be trusted, unlike a normal player. They won't see you unless you prove that you know how to help. You just have to stick with it, and people will see you as trustworthy the more you bond with the community. They don't want just some kid to help them, they want someone who knows what they're doing, and has proven that they do. That's what gets you Ambassador.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
. I did as builder expect those of a higher rank to know a little more of how things worked on the server to help answer some questions.

Hmm yeah so I'd say, get to know how the server works. That way you can help a lot if people regardless of rank or colour. Know your limits, some things you can do, and some thing you need to leave for a mod. Many need help with how... Where can I... What..who..etc etc I don't mind players answering those questions means mods can just over see things make sure everything running ok in the community, tend to the more serious stuff.

One thing i Remember was the chat bot saying something like you can have all your questions answered on forums. Look at the wikis, ranks news updates etc.

ojoman2001

ojoman
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Ireland
www.com
yea, I know what people have already said, but I waited over a year before being promoted

crap! i missed my 1.5 year aniversity! D:
:dodgy: Happy anivercity tooo me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)