After quite a few years, I learned how to ride a bicycle today.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
I've had an irrational fear of them pretty much my whole life. Have you guys ever had a stupid fear that you know doesn't make sense? Have you overcome it?

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Omg I am not the only one. I learned how to ride a bike last year and, well, I was forced to :L. I have a crazy fear of silence and complete darkness. Not like "I am scared of the dark because of monsters" It's more like I am afraid of just being in the darkness, I need light. I also need noise. Complete silence for too long will drive me insane. (<-- why I do poorly on state exams)

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I have a fear of talking to that girl, you know that one, no shes ugly, the one next to her, *sigh* yeah that one :(

whiteNnerdy234

Aren't you the guy wth all the commands?
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Canada
I remember well my childhood fears, Like-Likes and Redeads from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For some reason I would hide in the room whenever my aunt (the person who introduced me to Zelda) encountered one :p

uhhlking

issa lking
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
America
The fear of being alone. I feel as if something... death, disease, etc is happening to my loved ones because I cant hear them.

EDIT: Known as "Monophobia"

T

Tazboi

Oh fears... I've got a lot of these... Here's three big ones:
Let's start with claustrophobia: Due to my OCD I CANNOT deal with anyone coming to close contact with me. It runs a chill down my spine. Now for you who don't understand what happens when someone touches me, I have to scratch something, or just stimulate touch more. It is SO weird, but the impulse is just one of those things that make you believe it's between life and death.
2nd: Paranoia-Like Lking said, I always feel like, when there is an odd sound in the house, someone is breaking in and coming to hurt me and/or my family. Turn's out it's just a dog or something. Also, when I'm up high, I feel an extremely odd urge to jump off- weird eh? It's almost like when you're hearing some amazing music, and you just want to hear more of it. For me, though, I love the feel of being up high, and I just want to experience something else, because death intrigues me.
Finally: I'm sure a lot of you can relate, but talking aloud in front of a crowd or someone who I'm outright scared of/don't like just makes me the most nervous thing in the area. It's like I have so much to say, but that one guy/girl is just a soundproof wall blocking me from saying it. This is also the reason why I only talk to specific people on teamspeak.

Sorry for it being so long...

-Taz

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
I am also afraid of not knowing the time. I have no idea why, but I have a panic attack when I don't know the time.

EDIT: So apparently, this fear is a real thing and it is called Agnosichronophobia

T

Tazboi

thags2000 said:
Pantophobia-the fear of everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SDztycKwY
Are you implying something? :3

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
@Tazboi *cluck* or nahhhh.

But I do have some very weird fears.

-I'm afraid of dreams. It's weird but whenever I dream I wake up and something weird's happening. The stranger the dream, the more severe the "consequence" is. One time I had a dream I was at play practice. I don't do plays. The play was about some misinterpreted version of The Lord of The Rings. In this version, Gandalf's evil. We went through the play and then we got to Gandalf's "big scene". He basically started shaking all weirdly then I woke up and I had a seizure ().o

-I'm afraid of the government. Particularly the U.S. government. Some of you may have heard of the ***** program (I don't want the secret services on my ass. Removed name :p. Just realized that that's part of my fear of the government ().o). It's us trying to manipulate the weather by blowing tiny holes in the atmosphere. We're getting too big. Imho we're not supposed to be able to do that.

-Cars. Terrified of cars. 2,000 pound vehicles we control that could kill us nd we never know if they're breaks will work this time? Nope, nope, nope, nope, get me away from these Mo Fos

-Just as @Lking846 and @Tazboi said, I'm afraid of being alone.
Many phobias. Wow. Such afraid-ness.

T

Tazboi

@thags2000 so you're saying you have a fear of dreams? The Lord of The Rings seems more like a nightmare to me... Trying to run to first base and Gandalf yelling at you: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" With the seizure was it like sleep paralysis, but the opposite (Not like you're The Old Hag or anything...)? I'm also kind of scared when a car is coming by it is some odd fellow in a white van coming to offer me candy... So creepy.

Dr0psh0t

Official Arsehole
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I'll let you know when I find myself
Tazboi said:
@thags2000 so you're saying you have a fear of dreams? The Lord of The Rings seems more like a nightmare to me... Trying to run to first base and Gandalf yelling at you: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" With the seizure was it like sleep paralysis, but the opposite (Not like you're The Old Hag or anything...)? I'm also kind of scared when a car is coming by it is some odd fellow in a white van coming to offer me candy... So creepy.
Hahah no I meant play practice. Like PLAYs. Musicals. It was sleep paralysis, yea.

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
So you like having dreams of a zombie apocalypse then?

FlyingRat102

Bucket hat enthusiast
Crafter
Dec 18, 2013
Arizona, USA
I have an extreme irrational fear of bumble bees. Every time one of those black and yellow suckers fly next to my face, I either take off sprinting wailing like a little girl or I just freeze through fright. I mean why isn't everyone afraid of thousands of tiny little kamikazes with needles coming out of their ass? Anyways, this fear is most likely cause because of an old experience. One day, my cousin and I were boogey boarding. Being the creative and intuitive little 8 year olds we were, we decided it would be a good idea to dive onto the boards. Just as I am about to take my leap of faith off my dock onto the board, an innocent little bee plops itself down square into the middle of the board. Sprinting like a gazelle, I propel myself off the dock into the most perfect belly flop a young child could have ever accomplished. oh that poor bee. His life ended in a matter of seconds under the brute force of my massive 60 pound body. After swimming back to shore, I start to feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I look down to find AN ENTIRE BEE has been wedged into an open wound into my stomach. Half of the bee's body was severed while the other half was stuck into my abdomen. Ohh how badly it hurt to pull out. The pain.

TL;DR - Leaped onto a boogey board with a bee sitting on it, sever the bee in half, stinger + half bee stuck in an open wound in my abdomen = foreverlasting fear of stinger bugs.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
Heh monophobia,I think almost everyone has monophobia (D: monophobia how can mono have monophobia) but in all actuality I have a fear of almost everything at any given point in mylife, but I do find myself terrified of bikes for some reason (I swear it's those damn chains and wheels man, when you think about it it's horrifying) . I also have a fear of the glass figures in my room... Those soulless eyes.. Terrifying. But in all honesty my biggest fear is being unable to do what people realistically expect of me updating my art blogs, moderating on poke, showing up to class, avoiding school responsibilities. But honestly I think that if I fail to do any one of these things the world will implode or some shit... I don't know why either.

Narbula

The best thing since Faxbook.
Supporter
Crafter
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
Trypophobia. If you're brave enough to google image that word, more power to you. I had to do it to find the right word, because I always forget how to spell it. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner now.

Holy_Rabbitz

Empress of Imagination
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
forever in the heart of broadcast
Narbula said:
Trypophobia. If you're brave enough to google image that word, more power to you. I had to do it to find the right word, because I always forget how to spell it. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner now.
oh my god. I have that too. *joins Narb*

even if someone mentions it i shake. >.<

Ex-User (67)

Crafter
Dec 17, 2013
I stood on a sharp wire mesh one day, and my foot looka a lot like tripophobia is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)