A real discussion on chocoblock and pokeblock.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
This has to be done soon.

I was on TS  a day ago and a few members was talking about the servers and they were like "yeah, pokeblock and chocoblock are just dead servers".

It keeps bothering me. I want all of our servers to be active, fun, and not dead. 

After all of our servers are up and running, I really want to discuss both servers via admin forum about both servers. We have too. We need to change it.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts here as well.

AmirAti

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Israel
As a real active memeber on both servers I will say my opnions:
on chocoblock I really like the community, the server isn't dead as you say, it's just not like main with 30 people on. If I'm not wrong the server wasn't for anybody to join, only the most trustwortyh people. If you would like more people on, my suggestion is as I said to mths keep the server up with the snapshots, that will get a lot of people intersted in choco, but as I said I enjoy the community now and I trust her, accepting everyone is a bad idea on my opnion becuase grief is a thing, and we don't have /co i and stuff.

On pokeblock: the server is really dead, no more then 3 people at a time, if there isn't any people at all. Me personaly I would love to see Pokeblock back on, but for that we will need a good premade map, with a lot of content and active gym leaders, mods, and owner. I don't think any other kind of server could be as succesful as other, because most of the ideas I saw are either bad, or there are better, larger, and known more servers for the ideas.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
If you ask me, hosting extra servers does several negative things to Craftblock.
First, it fragments our community. There are players, like tomrobans for example, that I have never seen in-game. They play only on those servers and as such have little interaction with the Main server, outside of the Forums. Some players stop playing Main entirely, and it creates a divide in our players.
Second, the more servers we run the less of our data cap can be used for each server.
So, feel free to keep other servers open, as long as they are worth the costs. If they really do lack traffic, I'd suggest closing the server that provides the weakest link. From what I understand, PokeBlock has almost no traffic as well.
EDIT: Moved to Staff Discussion

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
crackers1097 said:
If you ask me, hosting extra servers does several negative things to Craftblock.
First, it fragments our community. There are players, like tomrobans for example, that I have never seen in-game. They play only on those servers and as such have little interaction with the Main server, outside of the Forums. Some players stop playing Main entirely, and it creates a divide in our players.
Second, the more servers we run the less of our data cap can be used for each server.
So, feel free to keep other servers open, as long as they are worth the costs. If they really do lack traffic, I'd suggest closing the server that provides the weakest link. From what I understand, PokeBlock has almost no traffic as well.
EDIT: Moved to Staff Discussion
I don't think it causes a divide. If anything, it gets more users on the forum. I also see it that if they get bored of main server, they can go to our other server, staying in our community and not leaving it is a HUGE bonus. They're not going on the same, but they're still in the community/

I would think we wouldn't even have those members if it wasn't for the nanoblock, and we even gained a few from pokeblock, and both has helped us financially.

We have no data caps. 

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
Chocoblock has only a few active players and poke, in my opinion, is dead. Pokeblocks was, again in my opinion, a bad move. Pixelmon has that issue with the backdoor allowing the modders to ban people and it is laggy. Choco does seem to be spiriling down. I think we should take down pokeblock and add a pvp server. We could see how that goes and then if that doesn't work we could try to put minigames on that server.

AmirAti

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Israel
To be honest I don't see how a PvP server is a good idea, there are so many other servers that deal with that kind of stuff, and much better then us. besides that I know those things can cause a lot of problems and bring a lot of greifers and trolls, and as far as I know craftblock isn't really about PvP. Maybe a 4th server isn't a must, even though I would love to see a restart of pokeblock :)

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I will not lie, Pokeblock was a fantastic idea with terrible execution. It was rushed and has really been on a beta test run ever since it opened. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but my computer cannot handle the mod apparently, which is why I stopped playing. I'm able to play, but it gets super laggy after 20 or so minutes, and my whole entire computer feels the effect. I have a Macbook Pro from 2011 too, which makes me sad that it runs so slowly haha. I don't really know anything technical, so maybe my computer is just lacking.

Chocoblock is fun from time to time. However, I find myself going on Main more than anything, and Main has become increasingly popular. I would definitely say Drop Pokeblock. The mod itself is super buggy and unstable, and like I said, it's hard for me to maintain and run it effectively due to my inability to stay on for a long period of time. Just my opinion. Pokeblock/Pixelmon was a mistake, and I definitely acknowledge that.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Pokeblock was a great server, it's just dead now, no one wants to play it, I want to ask you, what would you rather play, a real pokemon game or pixelmon? I would play a regular pokemon game. Pokeblock is just not for the community, I feel like it's just a money waster now, rather it being populated. Pokeblock should be either A. Replaced with a new server with time and effort put into it (I gotta say pokeblock did have some amazing structures in it) or B. We get rid of it, no new servers, just to get rid of it.

Chocoblock isn't dead. It's only open to few players on it, I would keep chocoblock, it's a nice change from the usual creative, plugins stuff. I haven't found the time to go on it at all because of sports and stuff I'm doing in the summer.

My suggestion: Drop Pokeblock, find a new server or have 3 servers, (Craftblock, Nanoblock, and Chocoblock), and keep Chocoblock.

SpindlyBaton98

A Sans-Sational Experience.
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
xboxdvr.com
JagSwag2014 said:
Agreed with @ryno314
However, if we were to make a new server to replace Poké, it shouldn't be rushed like Poké was.
I have an idea on what we should do about Poke if we choose to get rid of it. We shouldnt pick what it should be, We should ask the community. Furthering our cause is better if we had better community support, and to do that, if we do get a new server, the community should suggest ideas, then we put it into a global poll to decide what we should do.

Deadacc

Crafter
Dec 20, 2013
Agreed, community amd staff should decide on a server to replace Pokéblock. Not sure what kind. We should add good plugins, make it nice, add the effort into with great donor perks which would help the new server.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
This will work. So are we going to put up several suggestions here, or should we make a Thread asking for suggestions and voting there?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
It's settled then. PokeBlock will be shutting down. I'll release the map as a download for a few weeks as well. I'll announce this soon.

We actually have another server in the works. @thezygar is working on a competitive pvp (Not factions) based server that is going to be very exciting. That's all Ill say though. It will also be a mod. @thezygar has lots of experience with mods and programming in general so I'm sure it will be awesome.

Before we try to start anymore servers, we need to focus on the main. I'd like for more mini-games, more fun and more plugins that fits our core goal (survival, building, environment and fun). We won't be able to grow if we keep putting focus on other things. So for right now - this is our goal. @thezygar's server will be apart of CraftBlock but his little project and we'll focus on the main server.

We still need to help on chocoblock. I'm never going to shut it down,  a lot of people loves Vanila, we just need to do something with it. UHC more? I'm not sure. We need more ideas.

I don't like the idea of supporting snapchats for it. Snapchats can cause a lot of problems. Map crashes, etc.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
kawohi said:
Before we try to start anymore servers, we need to focus on the main. I'd like for more mini-games, more fun and more plugins that fits our core goal (survival, building, environment and fun). We won't be able to grow if we keep putting focus on other things. So for right now - this is our goal. @thezygar's server will be apart of CraftBlock but his little project and we'll focus on the main server.
A sound plan. Minigames might keep some of our more disinterested players online (like myself :p)

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I've been hosting a few mini-games with small prizes. We can utilize either ZaxLand for horse racing, mazes, and more. I was planning on doing a scavenger hunt at some point through ZaxLand and more so people can explore everything in and around spawn. One of the things I noticed is that using a random name generator with limited players really excites the server as a whole. It worked for a good hour or so when we did the horse racing, as well as the Spleef Contest.

I am in full support of providing more mini-game opportunities. I know mob arena was around for a bit. Is that still available? And there are a lot more PVP-styled areas that people have built. It would be neat to incorporate horse riding into these PVP battles. Either way, mini-games are definitely an interest.

1) PVP Games
2) Horse Racing
3) Scavenger Huts
4) Mazes?
5) Hide and Go Seek
6) Building Contest

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
xInZaxx said:
I've been hosting a few mini-games with small prizes. We can utilize either ZaxLand for horse racing, mazes, and more. I was planning on doing a scavenger hunt at some point through ZaxLand and more so people can explore everything in and around spawn. One of the things I noticed is that using a random name generator with limited players really excites the server as a whole. It worked for a good hour or so when we did the horse racing, as well as the Spleef Contest.

I am in full support of providing more mini-game opportunities. I know mob arena was around for a bit. Is that still available? And there are a lot more PVP-styled areas that people have built. It would be neat to incorporate horse riding into these PVP battles. Either way, mini-games are definitely an interest.

1) PVP Games
2) Horse Racing
3) Scavenger Huts
4) Mazes?
5) Hide and Go Seek
6) Building Contest
Since there is no pokeblock anymore, want to be minigame manager?

xInZax

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
I suppose that can work out. It would be nice to utilize the spawn area a little more. We could do set events. The only problem is that my schedule is so f'd up half the time, there would be no consistency. However, it would be easy to setup and plan alongside with a few others. I'll give it a test run with a couple peeps that I think would make it successful.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
xInZaxx said:
I suppose that can work out. It would be nice to utilize the spawn area a little more. We could do set events. The only problem is that my schedule is so f'd up half the time, there would be no consistency. However, it would be easy to setup and plan alongside with a few others. I'll give it a test run with a couple peeps that I think would make it successful.
Okay

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
*ahem* If at all possible, once NanoBlock is back up, could we finally get some advertising going? You said you would help us out a very long time ago... Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)