_SunDust_

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
Player NariCake was recently banned by @_SunDust_. You can see the Thread here:
http://craftblock.me/forum/thread-4804-post-31400.html#pid31400
Not only is there currently no Ban Report on this player, @Omega_Shenron believes that the ban was unfair. Sun has asked that if there were complaints to her that they would be brought to the Staff Forum, so I have made this Thread to discuss.

I've recently had complaints from Staff members as well, specifically at _SunDust_ editing Ban Reports and comments, and removing or adding content without direct permission. I've spoken with Avoxsas, MonochromePony, Narbula, and others, and have gotten some important data and perspective. Keep in mind, I had made a Thread on _SunDust_ posting and editing a Ban Report of mine that was closed. Unfortunately, this Thread has seemed to have "disappeared", without record of its posting or deletion. I can only ask that you use your memory.

So, perhaps I have stretched beyond that of the Thread listed above in my argument, but I felt like this topic needed to be brought to light, and pressured additionally on request of some anonymous users.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
My private messaging is not closed, there is no stopping players from messaging me about problems they might have with me. I have had players message me, so whats stopping you?

And to answer the first part of your post crackers see Naris appeal.

I mean really???? You behave no differently them the regular players expecting a report right there and then on the server and here on forums.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
_SunDust_ said:
My private messaging is not closed, there is no stopping players from messaging me about problems they might have with me.  I have had players message me, so whats stopping you?

And to answer the first part of your post crackers see Naris appeal.

I mean really????   You behave no differently them the regular players expecting a report right there and then on the server and here on forums.
_SunDust_, the people who came to me were intimidated by you. They told me, themselves, they were too scared to come to you. I feel bad starting this, as I'm not the one who wanted to fight with you, and I have no intentions to. This, however, needed to be discussed.
And a 20 minute delay on a Ban Report, after that of a Ban Appeal, is more than reasonable to have doubt.

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
Ok Sun but I almost feel as if you're going back on your word. First you say
_SunDust_ said:
If you have a staff problems omega -- bring it up on staff discussion not here, as you have here to done.
And that is what we have done. But now you say
_SunDust_ said:
My private messaging is not closed, there is no stopping players from messaging me about problems they might have with me.  I have had players message me, so whats stopping you?
Maybe some of us don't feel like having more enemies than we need to, maybe some of us fear you, for your standing place in the community, and high ranking, even compared to other super mods. 

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I agree with mono, you are a very big figure of the community. Very influential. All I have ever known you as is a mod, maybe too powerful.

Which is not good. People of the mod team should be able to talk to other members of the mod team without being intimidated, which many of us are.

@kawohi @xinzaxx @ar7ific1al @avoxsas

Ww_Crow_wW

Tired ™
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
???
As a note: I've been here for a year and I've only ever seen sun as a Mod, when I joined she was a TrialMod, she had a Metropolis town and many people liked her, ever since I started paying attention to chat I have been terrified of Sun. Ever since I was a Blockling, almost one year ago, she has been one of the most influential players on this server.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Yes Im aware of players reacting like that. This is a choice they choose to make remember. KaileyDancer chatted to me yesturday about it. So im aware but thank you.

Sometimes.... you got to be the big orge.

Many players are needy, they expect certain things of a moderator. Many of them act helplessly. Yes I can be very direct and blunt. How people choose to act is upon them. Im only assuming here but yes it looks like people have choosen to make me an enemy, but this is their choice. Im not an enemy. people make mistakes. they do their best to fixed them. If i feel they are trying to mend their ways who am I to hold a grudge.
Lifes not always smooth sailing.

Sorry I dont understand what you are meaning on the ban report.
Are you complaining about me not getting my ban report up within 20 minutes?
Or not getting it up before the appeal?
Are you saying you doubt me cause i was too slow to get a report up?
More then reasonalble to have doubt that my reoprt is incorrect?
More then reasonable to have doubt... doubt about what?

Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
@_SunDust_ I can see your tension is rising and I request that we all remain calm.

Sun, I believe that if the community as a whole is generally afraid of you, it is something to be worried about. I feel you have overstepped your role as a moderator and have attempted to become "more". Now, I have no idea if you have been tasked with such responsibilities. If so, then I am in the wrong there.

Ban reports I believe should be up and established with evidence within 5min. I also have very high expectancy of myself so 5min. might be too short. But 30+ min. is excessive and too long.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
But you know... a thought has cross my mind about this... People seem to think yo need to be high rank to be important. Well I disagree. I feel every player on here is important as the next player. I have even felt to play blockling just to prove to the community you dont need to be high rank to respect people or ... to be respected. Im not on no pedastool. I didnt put myself there. I am a regular player who enjoys building on cb, with a few tools to help keep the community stable.

I might be a little more direct now then I was before. Nope-- I was to soft. Even ben, a younger player many years my junior told me, to be firm, when I was faced with a needy player who didnt wanna listen. Hold my ground let him know wose boss... of the town we were in.

I see sam says I need to lighten up. I can do that. We all wear many hats. When situations arise I put on my "order in the court' hat. i dont know what to call it

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
_SunDust_ said:
Yes Im aware of players reacting like that.  This is a choice they choose to make remember.  KaileyDancer chatted to me yesturday about it.  So im aware but thank you.  

Many players are needy, they expect certain things of a moderator. Many of them act helplessly.  Yes I can be very direct and blunt.  How people choose to act is upon them.  Im only assuming here but yes it looks like people have choosen to make me an enemy, but this is their choice.  Im not an enemy.  people make mistakes.  they do their best to fixed them.  If i feel they are trying to mend their ways who am I to hold a grudge.
Sun, nearly all the complaints I've gotten are from Staff members. I understand some players who are new to the server are needy, aggressive, and even ignorant. No one is concerned for that, we all have to go tough sometimes.
However, to imply that playing on a Minecraft server is a rough time, like that of Life, is depressing. Are games not an escape from reality?

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I think getting the report up asap is a given. You need to get it up fast, not take 30 mins. Because if I was to get banned for some reason, I wouldnt wait 30 mins to appeal, I would do that as soon as I loggeg off, because what else is the player supposed to do with that server if they are banned and want back in?

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
Oh and yeah... sometimes you need to say what needs to be said. Many people dont say what needs to be said. They are not as assertive and lets people walk all over them. And no rb, I find alot of you younger players are impatient. If you get banned. and make an appeal then do it. Its theres no report up, that doesnt stop a player from making an appeal. The player just goes on what they think they were banned for . this is an obvious thing. And then when the report is up they can use it for reference. Again, you are creating enough pressure on the mod typing it up. its uncalled for. Learn to wait.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
_SunDust_ said:
Oh and yeah... sometimes you need to say what needs to be said.  Many people dont say what needs to be said.
Thanks. I'm sorry it had to be me to start this, but it needed to be said.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
yeah they are an escape. But not everyone feels the same way you do about them.
And can you clarify what you mean about

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
_SunDust_ said:
yeah they are an escape. But not everyone feels the same way you do about them.
And can you clarify what you mean about
Perhaps doubt was the wrong word. I think it's important that as soon as a player appeals a ban, there should be the reason of ban and the screenshots to prove it. Ar7 was confused, for example, during the report, because he did not have this information. As a result, I found myself in doubt of the ban's legitimacy, and whether or not it was justified.

rbhusker

Crafter
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Hmm, I find myself very patient, but say what you may.

I was just saying what I felt would be right.

And you keep resorting to patience? I said one thing about it so you decide to pin patience onto it?

And just so everyone knows, I wasnt going to get involved in this situation until I decided what I say here would be public, and my views protected.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I'm wayto tired and stressed to write a proper reply for this thread. I'll try tomorrow, but this is all I have to say.

MonochromePony said:
As a note: I've been here for a year and I've only ever seen sun as a Mod, when I joined she was a TrialMod, she had a Metropolis town and many people liked her, ever since I started paying attention to chat I have been terrified of Sun. Ever since I was a Blockling, almost one year ago, she has been one of the most influential players on this server.
_SunDust_ said:
Yes Im aware of players reacting like that.  This is a choice they choose to make remember.  KaileyDancer chatted to me yesturday about it.  So im aware but thank you.  

Many players are needy, they expect certain things of a moderator. Many of them act helplessly.  Yes I can be very direct and blunt.  How people choose to act is upon them.  Im only assuming here but yes it looks like people have choosen to make me an enemy, but this is their choice.  Im not an enemy.  people make mistakes.  they do their best to fixed them.  If i feel they are trying to mend their ways who am I to hold a grudge.

Sorry I dont understand what you are meaning on the ban report.
Are you complaining about me not getting my ban report up within 20 minutes?
Or not getting it up before the appeal?
Are you saying you doubt me cause i was too slow to get a report up?
More then reasonalble to have doubt that my reoprt is incorrect?

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
And guys relax if the reports ain't up seconds later. The servers are active and players need the help. Sun always gets the reports done. There hasn't been a time where she forgets. If it takes 30 minutes to get it done to help other players and try to calm the situation down. It's totally okay.

_SunDust_

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
New Zealand
just want to apologise art and other to the post i modified like the pstone one for instance. People still didnt get tii and I thought I wouoldl try make it simpler. it helped but still some dont get it , from just not trying I think sometimes. but I do now make edit: notes if i have needed to in the past month or so.

crackers1097

Crafter
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota
kawohi said:
And guys relax if the reports ain't up seconds later. The servers are active and players need the help. Sun always gets the reports done. There hasn't been a time where she forgets. If it takes 30 minutes to get it done to help other players and try to calm the situation down. It's totally okay.
Your other post I agreed with 100%, I've noticed a similar change in myself on a smaller scale even, but this I can't. Take a look at the posts on NariCake's Ban Appeal. All I see is confusion, even from Ar7. If Nari can make a post that large, and SunDust had the time to post in reply, she most definitely had time to make the report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)