Omega_Shenron

Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
Windstad Manor, Skyrim, Tamriel
https://mojang.com/2014/04/minecraft-1-7-6-pre-release/

This changes a lot. Maybe have a rule that if you change your in-game name, immediatly change your forum name, too? Maybe @Ar7ific1al or @Jagswag2014 can explain this better than I can as they seem to be some really good minecraft coders and such (not saying @kawohi isn't a good coder :p) It pretty much means that people can change their minecraft usernames. I don't necessarily know how that will work with plugins and such..but...yeah...sort of asking for a more in-depth explanation. I posted this in staff discussion solely because we could talk about how this affects the server moderation and ownership-wise.

JagSwag2014

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 16, 2013
USA
www.planetminecraft.com
Plugins will have to start using UUID's to ban players. The UUID is a special ID that differentiates a player from someone else. Now that usernames will be changing, there UUID's will not.

I have actually been thinking about how we would do this. It would get annoying because players would change there username constantly, and we wouldn't know who's who unless they told us. lol

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
I just enabled the option to allow them to change their own usernames. SHould be the easiest way to handle this.

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
This isn't good. Say hello to migrating to a new permissions plugin. PEX is extremely outdated, won't ever be updated (not as its own standalone permissions plugin), and as soon as UUIDs are implemented, PEX won't be of any use at all.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
This isn't good. Say hello to migrating to a new permissions plugin. PEX is extremely outdated, won't ever be updated (not as its own standalone permissions plugin), and as soon as UUIDs are implemented, PEX won't be of any use at all.
It's updated, we just need to switch to 1.2x or something

https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Migration-and-UUIDs

I've been watching the repo and its been pretty active lately

Ar7ific1al

Supporter
Crafter
Dec 15, 2013
@kawohi
So then what's the deal with the changes that were being made to PEX? It was being turned into something else, like an interface for other permissions plugins or some shit.

misskoa

addiction.
Staff member
Owner
misskoa
misskoa
Dec 15, 2013
Ar7ific1al said:
@kawohi
So then what's the deal with the changes that were being made to PEX? It was being turned into something else, like an interface for other permissions plugins or some shit.
All I've read is that they've separated the groups into one file and the users into another, and dropped their modifyworld and chat plugins. I forgot everything else they was doing. Will look up more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)