1. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

CraftBlock Server Reset FAQ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by asacavanagh, Apr 22, 2017.

1. asacavanagh

asacavanagh Breaker and Fixer of the things!
    Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    It has become apparent that some people aren't getting the point of the reset across and persistently are asking the same if not similar questions over and over, so here is a list of frequently asked questions that you guys keep asking and the associated answers! Also, I will emphasize this a lot in this post: This is a full reset, you guys are lucky enough you're being allowed to have your builds moved!

1. When is the reset happening?
    As of this time of writing, 3:00PM EST on April 30th, 2017, the reset is planned to happen throughout the next day. However, there are several factors that could delay this further such as plugin issues, server faults, etc.

2. Will I lose my items?
    Yes. Your items will be removed (including chests, trapped chests, ender chests, item frames, armour stands, hoppers, dispensers, droppers, etc) in the move process if you plan on applying to have your builds moved. Player inventories will not be transferred over either. This is a full reset, you guys are lucky enough you're being allowed to have your builds moved!

3. What will happen to my builds? Will my basement be lost?

There will be a period of time where you'll be able to access the old server to get the coordinates of your builds (I urge you to take note of these NOW so you're prepared) in order to apply to have them moved onto the new server.

In the build move process, the bulk of your build will be moved. This includes any parts of the build that may be above/below the ground, however you will need to specify that there is a below ground area in your move application! Bear in mind, there will be limits; for example, if you class a huge amount of tunnels under your build as part of the build, they may likely not be included but a basic underground basement or large storage area will be allowed. This is a full reset, you guys are lucky enough you're being allowed to have your builds moved.

4. What about my horses, sheepies, piggies, Juan, etc?

What happens to these animals will depend on how WorldEdit works at the time of moves. What I mean by this is, in the past WorldEdit did copy entities (animals, mobs, etc), however recently the plugin has stopped doing this and because of this reason we can make no guarantee animals will be copied in the move process, sadly. However, this is also a full reset, you guys are lucky enough you're being allowed to have your builds moved.

5. Will I lose my $34 million of my exploited blaze farm money, or any money in general?
    Yes! This is a full reset, you guys are lucky enough you're being allowed to have your builds moved. There's nothing further to be said about this point. Moving on!

6. Will I keep my rank?
    Yes! While there is a total reset, ranks will remain the same. Although they will be staying the same, there may be some minor additions or removals of permissions in those ranks, so once the reset has happened, I urge you to read the ranks wiki. (There will be a new ranks wiki released with the reset, so a link will follow).

7. Will higher ranks get access before everyone else?

Some will, yes. If what I've discussed with the admins/owners is correct, players with any rank that have worldedit permissions (Royal, Architect, Super Moderator, Admin, Owner) will be allowed access prior to other users to move their own builds over. This is due to the fact most players with worldedit have made large builds that take a long time to move and having other players on in this time will slow that process even further. This will also allow them to take the time in assisting staff in the moving process for everyone else.

Moderators have been allowed on the reset server early to set up some towns in order to allow a smooth transition for those who wish to move straight into a town!

8. Why is it taking so long?

In the past we've done resets that have been rushed and partially completed which has ended in a lot of confusion and frustration for players. With this reset, we want the transition to be as easy as possible for players, so we're taking the time we've laid out to put complete thought into each part of the server (eg economy, fun, playability, etc). So although it may seem to some that we're just working slow, we're not. We're working hard to make the entire server work together as much as possible!

9. Why do you need new plugins?

We've noticed that the older plugins we've been using for a while have become stale or boring to a lot of players and as such, we're making an effort to move the server into a more fun and inviting CraftBlock for everyone. So this involves the addition of plugins (list will be provided in reset announcement I believe) that give players more to do on the server!

10. How do I get my build moved?

At the time of the reset, an announcement will be made. Included in this announcement, will be a link that will direct you to the application to have a build moved. From there you can put the required information in and submit the application. After this, staff will receive the information and start the move process.

If you have any other questions, you're welcome to post them below and they'll be answered as soon as is possible.

Thank you and have a wonderful day/night!
    - CB Staff Members.

#1 asacavanagh, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Utsiik1

Utsiik1 New Member
    Crafter

would a building thats in the end can get moved?, also, would mob spawners get moved if they in the area of what we wish to be moved over? and is shulker boxes not able to be moved?

#2 Utsiik1, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  3. CrAzYgUy247

CrAzYgUy247 Cheese wheels, anyone?
    Crafter

How exciting! :D My only question is regarding the in game heads of past generations. Our past collectons like InZax, heads or of other old owners or heads in general specifically will be transferred for a glimpse of the past to us older members lucky to own some?

4. techno543

techno543 That creepy guy in the corner
    Supporter Crafter

YAY! A new map for me to do absolutely nothing on for another year until we reset the map again! I feel like I'm stuck in an endless loop of insanity. I blame CrAzY... and cosmic

I would also like to request a head of my own, entitled "Official Idiot of CraftBlock" preferably without a dunce cap, though I wouldn't say no to it.

Deathology and DeltaBeetle like this.
  5. iKraxus

iKraxus richest guy on the server :P
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    you missed one question iv been asking since i met you @asacavanagh .. how do i be more like you?? haha \o/
    looking forward to the reset bigger and badder builds

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  6. TsukiTenkei

TsukiTenkei remeber to have a crazy awesome day :D
    Crafter

if i put all my money in my town after reset will that money be there? or..

7. Utsiik1

Utsiik1 New Member
    Crafter

to save money, id just buy diamonds and place em down and get em moved over, and resell em after the reset (Y)

8. EbeeGirl

EbeeGirl The Banner Queen
    Owner CB Admin Crafter

Projects:
    If you do this, we will not move the build. This is an obvious exploit to the move and we won't tolerate it. There's a difference between a beacon and an obvious exploit so don't attempt this. If you do, we may create a build move blacklist.

9. TsukiTenkei

Crafter

i wasnt gonna do what he suggest my question was one i only thought of not to keep my money but wondering legit if the money would still be in the town.. i plan to actually join another town after reset

10. asacavanagh

Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    The money will be gone as will the town bank. Towns are being reset along with everything else, so players will be required to recreate them.

In addition to this, the server shop has been changed so this is a large waste of time for players to be doing as you'd lose so much money, like .. a lot.

11. meremoo

meremoo New Member
    Crafter

wait its a waste of time to go to the server shop?

12. asacavanagh

Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    It's a waste of time transferring all your money into items as was suggested because the server shop after reset won't be even remotely as profitable as the current one is. So you'd lose a substantial amount of money anyway.

13. meremoo

meremoo New Member
    Crafter

14. JustSam98

JustSam98 Active Member
    Crafter

New server? New start, new builds... I feel like moving builds is just going to be a pain in the arse lol.. oh well.

15. Moranna

Moranna "This isn't your Mom's server...Survive Harder..."
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Honestly it will be, but we understand that people put a lot of time in builds. We have been asking for months which the players would prefer. Many said they wanted to "move" there builds.
    With the new map and new plugins it will make it harder but we are willing to do it.

TsukiTenkei likes this.
  16. TsukiTenkei

Crafter

and i for one am most grateful for the effort you and the rest of the staff have shown and given :)

Moranna likes this.
  17. Terminator_T800

Crafter

Have fun moving my airport

iessjca likes this.
  18. asacavanagh

Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    Since that was so sarcastic, I hope you forget to apply for it :D

19. michaelsurfs

michaelsurfs Member
    Crafter

Will banned players become un-banned?

20. Blaafugl

Blaafugl Member
    Crafter

whats the link for applys`??

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)