1. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Issue #56

Discussion in 'CraftBlock Weekly' started by Chiplover2, May 14, 2017.

1. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    CraftBlock Weekly
    Issue #56

Hello everyone, and welcome to this beefed-up issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! As some of you may know, the Weeklys used to be pretty large, but I ended up getting exhausted with the amount of work I put on myself. This time around, I aim to have more content but not too much, and to mix up the formula a little bit. I hope you enjoy this week's issue!

Server News
    Thank you to @misskoa for making a list of everything that's happened this week! It was a big help, and helped me focus on writing rather than searching for information.

Along with this, Koa recommended that I have a large "Server News" section with all the stories under it. I used to do this in older Weeklys, and there was a lot to talk about this week, so I figured it was worth a shot. I hope you all enjoy!

Bug Fixes
    Thank to your feedback on this thread, we've been able to address the following issues:
    • Invisible zombies,
    • Losing fly soon after voting,
    • Fixing /learnwarps, /f add and /learnenchant,
    • Getting Enchant Tokens from voting, and
    • a bunch of other things. o3o
    A full change log with everything that's been fixed will soon be released in an Announcements thread. Thank you for all of your attention to detail and patience! It's communities like ours that can so effectively iron out all of these problems.

GriefPrevention is Back
    Among the fixes above, we've also added back our protection plugin, GriefPrevention. This is the plugin that allowed players to claim pieces of land for themselves with a golden shovel. We've also added an add-on (lol) to this, which allows players to sell off, rent, or buy claims from other players, as well as set flags in claims (like allowing PVP, for example). All this expand the things you can do with your builds regarding other players, as well as keeping them just as safe as before. ^_^
    [​IMG]
    Build Moves
    Moving builds from the old world to this new one will start on Monday. I don't have any information on how this is going to work at the moment, but I'm sure there'll be an Announcement post out when the time comes. Remember that the highest ranks will move their builds over first, and we'll work our way down from there.

Forum Organization
    The forums have been shuffled around slightly in order to keep the new server more organized:
    • The CraftBlock forum is now its own category instead of a subforum. I'm glad someone edited this without telling me, since it totally doesn't matter if the other servers get 2% of the limelight Main gets. It's great that all the forum organization I did is now gone, and it looks exactly the same as before I first laid hands on it. Anyway, this should make it easier to access things for CraftBlock Main.
    • There's a "Server Apps" forum now, which will be used for applying for your official town, warp, or shop to have a warp sign at spawn. This sounds useful for bringing more people into your towns and such. c:

Build Competition
    The Bi-Weekly Build Competition should be back again this week.
    ...That's all I have to say for this one, really. XD Good luck, @NintendoFrosty!

Honorable Mentions

Promotions
    @chloedavidson - Colonist
    @Quinn275 - Colonist
    @sowbizcube82002 - Pioneer
    @StormKiller_666 - Pioneer

Supporters
    @So_High - $5.00
    @Zerohax - $2.99
    @WolfiePai - $17.99​

Question of the Week
    This section of the Weekly is for asking the community what you think about things and stuff! If you take the time to answer this question, some of your responses will be featured in next week's issue! Here's this week's question:

How do you feel about the reset? Are you enjoying everything so far? Please tell us what you think about our new server!

Luna's Weekly Painting
    This section will be dedicated to paintings by @lunafan031, a dedicated CraftBlock player who has been a part of the community for years. She also happens to be an extremely talented artist, so @misskoa and I thought we should make a section of the Weekly dedicated to her paintings! Here's this week's painting:

[​IMG]
    Well, I had a lot of inspiration from that time I visited Hawaii and went whale watching. It was beautiful. And then I was watching a documentary on bioevolution, and they had this beautiful camera shot of a sailboat at sunset, so I decided to paint something similar. I looked up coral and fish species and decided to portray underwater in the painting as much as above it.

Feature of the Week: EnchantTokens
    This section of the Weekly will be used to talk about a cool plugin or feature on our server network! Hopefully this will raise awareness of all the awesome things we have available to you guys, the players.

Anyway, EnchantTokens is a nifty little feature that allows players to purchase enchantments with a special currency, referred to as "tokens." You can get some pretty OP enchantments using this plugin, if you save up enough tokens! We have many custom enchantments you can invest in, as you can see:

[​IMG]

You can earn tokens through voting, and we're considering other ways players can obtain them, too. Be on the lookout for tokens, everyone, so you can try out all of these cool new enchantments for yourselves!

Quote of the Week: @JustUnicorns22
    There were two Bradleys on at one time, so this ended up happening. XD
    [​IMG]

Closing and Thank You
    I tried to mix things up from usual, so I hope everyone enjoys this new format. And I'd like to thank @misskoa and @lunafan031 once again for being so helpful with this new-and-improved Weekly! Thank you all for reading, and Stay Crispy everyone! :chip:

2. Woofbucks

Woofbucks Professional Squirrel Rider
    CB Mod

Projects:
    Albums:
    Great weekly, Chip! :chip::chip::chip:

#2 Woofbucks, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. Galaxy_Capt

Galaxy_Capt oH sNaP iT'S a CAPt!!!1!!!!!!1! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Supporter

Projects:
    Oh yeah, amazing weekle.

Pfft, try two capts.

Chiplover2 likes this.
  4. Prudence

Prudence Member
    Crafter

Projects:
    Another well done Weekly, and @lunafan031 Holy cow you are such an incredible painter!

5. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Projects:
    Albums:
    XD Couldn't say more :p

Prudence and zom999_playz like this.
  6. CBDragon1

CBDragon1 Useful Idiot
    Supporter

Projects:
    Albums:
  7. ShepleyChrist

ShepleyChrist professional meme

The CraftBlock weeklys are getting to, ahem, liberal, for me. Im going to start something more conservative, maybe the Craft Gazette would work. Hmm. . .

8. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Hyped for high rank build moves!!!

Chiplover2 and StormKiller_666 like this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)