1. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Issue #55

Discussion in 'CraftBlock Weekly' started by Chiplover2, May 7, 2017.

1. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    CraftBlock Weekly
    Issue #55
    Hello everyone, and welcome to this special issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! A lot of crazy things went down this past week, so let's get right to it!

Server Reset!
    Wohoo! We finally made it! We're finally ready to present a brand new server to your guys! Everyone's put in a lot of hard work to get this server ready to play on, so we appreciate your patience and support. Please enjoy everything we have to offer! ^_^

Security Breach
    Unfortunately, this reset didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped. The second before we were about to update, someone hacked our server! I ask you not to worry. Look, I even made a list of reasons why you shouldn't worry:
    • They didn't destroy much of our server or forum content, and we were able to recover what they modified.
    • We know the IP address of the guy who hacked us and we've reported it to the authorities.
    • We've taken measures to make sure that this doesn't happen again. (More info below~)
    Considering this is definitely not the first time CraftBlock has been hacked (this is my third or fourth hacking attempt that I've lived through, myself), I suppose @misskoa has had enough of it, so now we're adding extra security measures to our protocol. We've updated our forums, which is has stronger security now, and we've also added some security in-game. Regular players won't really be affected by this, so you'll be spared from the hassle, but anyone who is a staff member or has WorldEdit permissions will have to set a PIN to enter upon login. This should hopefully help people from taking advantage of OP permissions.

As for everyone else, it is unfortunately possible that the hacker has seen your forums password in the process of messing up the forums. We suggest that you change your login for these forums, and anything with the same/similar password, at your own discretion. With everything we have now, this shouldn't happen again. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [​IMG]
    Server Reset Bugs
    The threat isn't just coming from inside; there's a lot of weird things happening in-game too! We realize that invisible zombies are eating your brains out right now, and we're trying the best we can to resolve this issue and the many others that came along with this update. In these trying times, when things are new for both you and the staff, we implore you to keep an open mind about these issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but we ask that you please keep up being polite to our (stressed) staff right now, as we're trying our hardest to resolve these issues.

Please help us iron out the kinks! If you've noticed something fishy, please read through this thread first, and then tack your problem on at the end. We just want to make sure that people don't post about the same problem twice, as it gets redundant. Thank you for all your patience, vigilance, and support, everyone! <3

Honorable Mentions
    Congrats to everyone who's ranked up or supported our server this past week!
    Promotions
    @D_oo_pe - Colonist
    @meremoo - Merchant

Supporters
    @IceCreamMuncie - $20.00
    @So_High - $10.50
    @LONGLOSTBRAH - $20.00​

Quote of the Week: @NintendoFrosty
    Damn, how is Nin so cool? B)
    [​IMG]

Closing and Thank You
    Somehow, we were able to deal with hackers and set up the new server at the same time. We are victorious in our pursuits, but now we face the problem of server bugs that we need to fix. I know that we will win this fight, too!

In conclusion, I watch too much anime. Have fun playing on the new server, and Stay Crispy everyone! :chip:

NintendoFrosty likes this.
  2. EbeeGirl

EbeeGirl The Banner Queen
    Owner

Projects:
    Other fun events happened as well..

3. Woofbucks

Woofbucks Professional Squirrel Rider
    CB Mod

Projects:
    Albums:
    Another fantastic weekly, Chip! :chip:
    who is actually a whale lol

a whale.

4. Prudence

Prudence Member
    Crafter

Projects:
    Spiffy, short and simple and straight to the point. How lovely!

5. ItsJustStupidity

ItsJustStupidity The littlest cut can leave the biggest scar.

Awesome weekly chip! :nyan:

6. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Hey, is there a way to change your pin? Mine is a little simple :p

7. PoptartNation

PoptartNation Member
    Crafter

Can we talk about why I'm not owner in the next weekly? Thx chippers

8. misskoa

misskoa addiction.
    Owner

Projects:
    Albums:
    Chip, are you sure you're not a stalker?

EbeeGirl and Moranna like this.
  9. KraftDamus

KraftDamus Member
    Crafter

Projects:
    Boi wtf

10. Moranna

Moranna "This isn't your Mom's server...Survive Harder..."
    CB Admin

Projects:
    Albums:
    Chip is a Stalker! *points*

11. EbeeGirl

EbeeGirl The Banner Queen
    Owner

Projects:
    It was a joke a few months ago about him being an owner. It's a bit of an inside joke.

DeltaBeetle likes this.
  12. PoptartNation

PoptartNation Member
    Crafter

It was at least a year ago since Koa told me to re apply in a year. Also I'm not sure me being an owner should be issue 56. I think it should be issue 1. :) see what I did there

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)