1. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

Bi-Weekly Competition #9: Redstone!

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Build Competition' started by NintendoFrosty, Jun 5, 2017.

1. NintendoFrosty

NintendoFrosty The Frosty Musician
    Owner CB Admin

Projects:

Bi-Weekly Theme #9: "Redstone"

This competition's theme is a bit more of a niche, but with multiple requests from different people to do this theme, I decided to go with it: Redstone! Although before getting too excited, be sure to read the rules about this competition at the bottom of this post.

Ideas & Inspiration.

Get Started

• Get Started: Start by logging into CraftBlock and doing /wbc in chat.You'll be transferred to the Build Competition server. Afterwards, be sure to enter /spawn.
    • Find a plot you can build on.
    • We don't protect our plots to make this easier for the players. In-case a build does get griefed, we have anti-griefing tools in place.
    • You have two weeks, until June 16th to submit your build.
    • Submit Your Build: When finished, submit the build by clicking on the top banner of this thread, or clicking here: http://craftblock.me/forum/weekly-build-submissions/. Make sure to read the sticky thread for the template.
    • Suggest themes! http://craftblock.me/threads/suggest-weekly-build-themes-here.12777/
    Winner of Competition #8- "Free Build"

Congratulations to ItsWoof! Their mansion was very interesting and nice looking. It was quite large and just looking at it, you'd know it took a lot of effort. Check out their project here!

Rules for this specific competition

These rules are here to limit as much lag as possible, and with this theme, it's very well possible there will be lag without these rules in place. So with that, I hope you understand, and follow these rules:​
    • No Lag Machines: Pretty self-explanatory as to why, so I don't think much explaining needs to be done for the reason why.
    • No Noise Machines: This applies to any machine that has the purpose of just being left on, while on the server, and creating annoying noise. (Doors opening and shutting constantly, and things like this.)
    • No Infinitely Running Machines: This rule applies to machines that are just left on, constantly running, and possibly generating lag. All machines should either be able to be turned on, and end on its own, or if it has an infinite circuit, be turned off before you leave the server. These machines should not be left running on its own.
    • Large Machines (causing lag): Please use proper discretion when making your redstone machines. The build competition server isn't a huge server with a lot of resources, so redstone machines that are too large may generate lag. Machines that are too large may be taxing on the server, and if this is the case, staff reserve the right to have your machine removed.
    • Failure to follow these rules may result in the removal of your machine, and a ban.

How this competition turns out will determine if a theme like this would ever happen again. A lot of players disobeying these rules may result in the competition ending early, and a theme like redstone not happening again.

Thank you all for your understanding, participation and support! :nyan:

zom999_playz likes this.
  2. zom999_playz

zom999_playz Your friendly neighbourhood Trial-M.o.d

Albums:
    Deleted

#2 zom999_playz, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. DeltaBeetle

DeltaBeetle Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Ahhh redstone! Me and zom have something up our sleeve for this :D

zom999_playz likes this.
  4. Bradley

Bradley Intentional
    Crafter

YES I'VE WANTED REDSTONE SINCE FOREVERR

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

zom999_playz likes this.
  5. sowbizcube82002

Crafter

6. zom999_playz

zom999_playz Your friendly neighbourhood Trial-M.o.d

Albums:
    Are there any rules against using tutorials for redstone? Or is it allowed?

7. sowbizcube82002

Crafter

Not the exact same from tutorinal but u can look up redstone tips

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)