1. Check out this week's build competition!
    http://craftblock.me/this-weeks-theme
    Dismiss Notice

CraftBlock AFK Spawner Farms

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EbeeGirl, May 14, 2017.

?

Have you read the new updated rules? Are these new rules fair for everyone?

1. Yes

2. No

3. No idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EbeeGirl

EbeeGirl The Banner Queen
    Owner CB Admin Crafter

Projects:
    As of late, a few staff members have noticed an influx of users joining the server. This is great, but this has also brought about more people abusing exploits and breaking our rules. Even old users that were around before the reset have begun to migrate towards non-legitimate ways to make money for that rank and/or that one item.

This is not okay.

Our rules are in place to make Craftblock an enjoyable community and breaking them is definitely not a good idea. Exploits are one of the rules that can be destructive especially to our fragile economy. Before the server reset, people had millions upon billions due to the economy being broken. For this reset, we have tried to implement an economy that promotes player-to-player trade. This is why /shop leads to player shops and the server shop is behind it. Lately, staff members have also been seeing people abuse exploits and the most common we've noticed it AFK spawner farms that automatically kill the mobs in them.

An auto afk farm is a way to earn money/items automatically while being in the immediate vicinity or offline. You can be AFK and earning the items you'd be earning while playing and without having to lift a finger.

These are not allowed.

The most common we've noticed since the reset is the abuse of Silkspawners and Mobcatcher. By making a spawner into an iron golem spawner and placing lava in the correct place, you could be making tons of money and collecting stacks upon stacks of iron (and flowers) while AFKing in the corner.

If you are found using the iron golem farms that abuse the economy or any other AFK auto farm, expect punishment. We've tolerated users breaking our rules over this long enough and want the economy to be better. Not only are you breaking our economy and angering us Admins by abusing these exploits, but you're irritating other users by breaking our rules.

If you believe you have one and don't want to be breaking our rules, ask a staff member or post coordinates here so we can check it out. Posting here with that will not lead to any punishment, but if you are found with one and don't let us know, expect punishment.

Anyway, have fun playing!

[​IMG]

2. McWoofles

McWoofles Dunder Mifflin, this is Woof.
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
  3. Chiplover2

Chiplover2 Deadbeat o3o
    Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    Omfg I love House MD

4. KraftDamus

KraftDamus Member
    Crafter

Projects:
    If you have an Iron Golem Spawner that does use lava but you are not ever afk at it. Is that allowed?

5. EbeeGirl

Owner CB Admin Crafter

Projects:
    That's basically an AFK farm if you ever walk by it. We usually classify them as farms that work with no player interaction whatsoever and that would go off if you simply walked by it, which is technically not player interaction. I cannot for the life of me find the post/conversation I saw that stated auto farms had to have some form of player interaction or it would be considered against the rules.

Ever used one of the "auto" wheat farms where the water auto harvests for you so you don't have to spend forever collecting? Those still require you to replant the wheat, carrots or whatever. Those still have a player interaction by having to trigger the water and replant the seeds. A spawner that automatically harvests if you just walk close enough wouldn't be allowed as it automatically does the killing and collecting of drops for you by you just being there, even if you're not afk.

6. KraftDamus

KraftDamus Member
    Crafter

Projects:
    Right okay, just wondering.

7. asacavanagh

asacavanagh Breaker and Fixer of the things!
    Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    Generally iron golem farms don't use spawners though and normal ones usually aren't efficient enough to spend "at keyboard" time with. Perhaps iron golem farms that use the vanilla method of villagers (not spawners) could be an exception?

EbeeGirl likes this.
  8. EbeeGirl

Owner CB Admin Crafter

Projects:
    The spawner part is my main issue with it as people we removed it from had at least 5 spawners there. Since spawners are EXTREMELY efficient, especially in that amount, people could make stacks of iron easily. I believe the villager version would be fine as it's not efficient enough to break the economy. However, everyone I've found with one has so many spawners and appeared to AFK at them. I didn't want to list off "Ways to bypass this rule" because then everyone would do it.

9. asacavanagh

Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    I thought the type of spawners players could silk were being restricted per rank? If they are, Iron Golems should be up in the highest ranks.

10. Deathology

Deathology Active Member
    Crafter

it is changed with this mobcatcher plugin

11. Deathology

Deathology Active Member
    Crafter

the spawner that is

12. asacavanagh

Consultant to CB

Projects:
    Albums:
    Ah.. perhaps that should have the same restrictions put on it. Having restrictions on the silk plugin is pointless if MobCatcher doesn't.

13. CovfefeMan

CovfefeMan CB Admin
    CB Admin

I tried to make these farms harder to make by charging players to change a spawner's type.

14. the2875

the2875 Adjusted Bulk Award Credit Per Dollar Value
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
  15. TehChaotic1

TehChaotic1 Member
    Crafter

So spawners generating mobs while the player is running around is going around doing other things is still allowed so long as the player needs to kill the mobs to get the goods, yeah? Because then there's no aspect of AFK so it's still allowed..?

16. zom999_playz

zom999_playz Your friendly neighbourhood M.od
    CB Mod Crafter

Projects:
    Albums:
    As far as I know, yes! As long as you stick within the new rules that is <3 Happy farming!

17. EbeeGirl

Owner CB Admin Crafter

Projects:
    This should be all right. You're not having them be directly killed, and there is a form of player interaction (you killing them). As long as it's not 1000s of mobs lagging the server or over 10 spawners, I likely wouldn't have a problem with it.

zom999_playz likes this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)