This competition's theme is extremely simple: whatever the heck you want. I implore you all to go wild with this freedom, and make things that are truly interesting and creative!
- What you can build be anything you would like. Something that may just come to your mind, or maybe something you are specialized at making!
- If stuck, pixel art is also welcomed.
- Get Started: Start by logging into CraftBlock and doing /wbc in chat.You'll be transferred to the Build Competition server. Afterwards, be sure to enter /spawn.
- Find a plot you can build on.
- We don't protect our plots to make this easier for the players. In-case a build does get griefed, we have anti-griefing tools in place.
- You have two weeks, until May 26th to submit your build.
- Submit Your Build: When finished, submit the build by clicking on the top banner of this thread, or clicking here: http://craftblock.me/forum/weekly-build-submissions/. Make sure to read the sticky thread for the template.
- Suggest themes!...
Page 7 of 52
Comments: 2 Views: 220Continue reading»
Created by Chiplover2
- May 14, 2017
CraftBlock WeeklyIssue #56
Hello everyone, and welcome to this beefed-up issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! As some of you may know, the Weeklys used to be pretty large, but I ended up getting exhausted with the amount of work I put on myself. This time around, I aim to have more content but not too much, and to mix up the formula a little bit. I hope you enjoy this week's issue!
Server NewsThank you to @misskoa for making a list of everything that's happened this week! It was a big help, and helped me focus on writing rather than searching for information.
Along with this, Koa recommended that I have a large "Server News" section with all the stories under it. I used to do this in older Weeklys, and there was a lot to talk about this week, so I figured it was worth a shot. I hope you all enjoy!
Thank to your feedback on this thread, we've been able to address the following issues:
Comments: 7 Views: 333Continue reading»
- Invisible zombies,
- Losing fly soon after voting,
- Fixing /learnwarps, /f add and /learnenchant,
- Getting Enchant Tokens from voting, and
- a bunch of other things. o3o
Created by Chiplover2
Hello everyone, and welcome to this special issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! A lot of crazy things went down this past week, so let's get right to it!
- May 7, 2017
CraftBlock WeeklyIssue #55
Server Reset!Wohoo! We finally made it! We're finally ready to present a brand new server to your guys! Everyone's put in a lot of hard work to get this server ready to play on, so we appreciate your patience and support. Please enjoy everything we have to offer! ^_^
Security BreachUnfortunately, this reset didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped. The second before we were about to update, someone hacked our server! I ask you not to worry. Look, I even made a list of reasons why you shouldn't worry:
Comments: 11 Views: 459Continue reading»
- They didn't destroy much of our server or forum content, and we were able to recover what they modified.
- We know the IP address of the guy who hacked us and we've reported it to the authorities.
- We've taken measures to make sure that this doesn't happen again. (More info below~)
Created by misskoa
- May 4, 2017
TL;DR. We got hacked! If you had a forum account, we advise you to sign-in to your forum account and change it, as well as your Minecraft account password IF both passwords were the same!
A few days ago, one of our administrator accounts were breached, including their Minecraft account. After we've fixed the situation relating to MC account, the users who breached the MC account also got a hold of the forum account of the admin.
They've caused no damage but trolled the forums with silly "Hacked By" posts, as well as attempt to delete threads. Thankfully, our permissions are pretty strict and you can only soft delete threads as a staff member, so we was able to restore any deleted threads.
We do not know what kind of data these users had access too. They've admitted to have access to our users and their passwords, and it could be true. After a day of the breach, they got through one of the moderator accounts and attempted to delete threads again and posted a few threads as well.
To hopefully remedy this situation, we've did the following:
Views: 331Continue reading»
- Updated the forums to the latest version.
- Force password change to all forum accounts.
- Demoted all moderators and admins on the forums. We're now requiring all current and future staff members to enable two-step verification on the forums before their promoted.
- Other internal security measures have been put in placed.
- We're also looking into more security in-game for our...
Created by Chiplover2
Hello everyone, and welcome to another issue of the CraftBlock Weekly! There's nothing particularly surprising in this Weekly, but things are about to get interesting soon, so stay tuned!
- Apr 30, 2017
CraftBlock WeeklyIssue #54
Server Update Extremely SoonSince I haven't been insanely active this past week, I'm not entirely in touch, but I've heard that the server reset and update is going to happen extremely soon, as it is almost May already. If you have any questions about this reset, please check out the Server Reset FAQ (which can also be accessed via /faq in-game). I'm excited for a fresh start!
Vehicles@NintendoFrosty has been working hard on improving vehicles on Beta! For a little taste of the more customized vehicles that Nin's been working on, here's a preview of the "Eco-Friendly Car," made of leaf blocks. It's my personal favorite of what he's made so far. ^_^ The rest of the vehicles will have to be a surprise, so get excited!
Build Move OrderBuild moves are usually pretty chaotic, so in order to keep everyone in control, we're going to start moving the builds of higher ranks first, and then work our way down to the lower ranks on the server. This makes it more...Comments: 10 Views: 372Continue reading»
Page 7 of 52